Top 10 List of Unneeded Fantasy Jargon

roundmann

Post by roundmann » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:55 am

Switching to the NCAA tournament......"Body of Work" is giving me hives and rabies.

ROUNDMANN

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:19 am

Gas in the tank.

- "I think Julio Franco still has some ....."
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:38 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

How about another term for free agent pool? The players left after a draft are, for the most part, trash.

"The Dump".

Here is a winner. Five days in and already being used as if it was always the term

[ April 10, 2009, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: rucrew2 ]
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:14 am

In retrospect, while players like Bonifacio were drawing raves for being "on pace to" having spectacular years, guys like Zobrist and Happ were available at the Dump.

We don't have a fantasy word for it, but this time of year brings out the realizations that some of our teams won't be in the mix or money come October. This brings out the posts that some will think about not playing next year. The reverse of the excitement of "rate my team".

Its a little like buyers remorse. Some have buyers remorse for their whole team while others have it for individuals. I know I have buyers remorse over buying David Wright with my 4th pick. Instead of supplying the power I needed, Wright gave me the stolen bases that were already accounted for. Wright was all wrong for me.

While I'm suffering from a little buyers remorse, I'll be back next year. This game is maddening. It is very comparable to golf in that it can never be played perfectly, but we all still strive for that perfection.

For the most part, it is sweet misery. Our wife and kids provide us with sweet misery for our real lives. The NFBC is like getting re-married to a new wife each year, with a new personality and with a different set of problems than the last wife or team brought.

A few years ago I married the Jennifer Aniston of teams, last year the Rosanne Barr of teams, this year a librarian. We never know till wedding or draft day who our partner will be. Therein lies the excitement.

I'll be back next year. $1300 for the chance of sleeping with Jennifer Aniston again for six months is a small price to pay.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Cowboy Joe

Post by Cowboy Joe » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:25 am

This season, I decided to marry two wives -- one for hitting and one for pitching -- but in both cases I selected forty-something ladies who had been prime time twenty years earlier.

My hitting wife, Valerie Bertanelli, looked old and tired until she joined weight watchers in June, and now is impressive for someone pushing 50. I was hoping for the same from pitching wife, Kristie Allie (sp?)but not so lucky there.
I feel like I'm the Jerry Quarry of the NFBC.

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:58 pm

Here's some unneeded fantasy jargon...

The evolution of man and its tolerated media has become a disgrace.

Between Kaz and his anal fissure (like we would have revolted if they called it something else)...to this...

I just am losing faith in humanity...far too many dumbasses.

Mariners placed 3B Adrian Beltre on the 15-day disabled list with an injured testicle.

Cue the laugh track. Beltre, who doesn't wear a protective cup, had a ball clip him in the groin during Wednesday's game. There was some tearing and internal bleeding. The team is waiting to see if he will require surgery. With surgery, he would be out a month. Without, roughly two weeks. Beltre's certainly been snake-bit in his free agent season. Aug. 13 - 7:53 pm et
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein