Mr. Freese

DOUGHBOYS

Mr. Freese

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:27 pm

There is a lot of speculation in St. Louis whether Matt Holliday gets signed or not. Holliday has and would help the Cardinals a lot. A guy to put behind Prince Albert that makes pitchers think twice before walking Pujols intentionally would be huge for the Cards.

Not getting a lot of attention is third base. Right now, Tony LaRussa has a choice between Khalil Greene or David Freese. Greene had bouts of anxiety and depression last year. He did hit the ball hard when less than 3,000 people were watching. Harsh, but hey, he's probably looking for some kind of positive reinforcement. Freese recently made headlines in Roto snipets, 'Freese Arrested'. If the roto writers had any imagination at all, it would have read 'Mr Freese Arrested'. Batman conossieurs couldn't have resisted a smile. But, I digress.

Freese had a blood alcohol content of .232, which ironically, puts him in LaRussa's league.

Although the Holliday signing will garner all the headlines, the Cards would be wise to also focus on a third baseman. Given a choice between, the depressed, the drunk, or the DeRosa, I'm willing to bet that Cardinal fans would prefer the ladder.

[ December 16, 2009, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: DOUGHBOYS ]
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Raskol

Mr. Freese

Post by Raskol » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:11 pm

Tasty Freese all the way!

At least he had the sense to get smashed (.232..wow :rolleyes: ) during the off season.
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.--Hunter S. Thompson

DOUGHBOYS

Mr. Freese

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:06 am

Tasty Freese, umm malts.

Some other suitable headlines-

Brain Freese

Freese Fried

Freese hits .232
On my tombstone-

Raskol

Mr. Freese

Post by Raskol » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:14 am

In a sign of how messed up this world is, Garrett "The Diet" Atkins gets a $4 million dollar base salary after hitting lower (.226) than the "Freeseing Point" of .232.

A new Mendoza Line? :cool:
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.--Hunter S. Thompson

DOUGHBOYS

Mr. Freese

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:52 am

Whaddya mean!

Atkins is a great hitter at Coors. All the Orioles have to do is change the name of their stadium to Coors. Voila, 25/100/90/290!

I like the Freeseing point at .232. A much better barometer than the Mendoza line. Let's face it, if management is letting someone pile up ab's while hitting .200, it is their fault. At the Freeseing point, there is still a chance for a rebound.
On my tombstone-

Raskol

Mr. Freese

Post by Raskol » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:29 am

Maybe Mr. Freese should go play in Coors. On second thought, that would be too much temptation for him. He'd hit .260 no problem with free beer.

Any truth to the rumour that Camden Yards is now equipped with a 5280 foot hydraulic lift? Raise it on the home half of the inning, lower it when the visitors are batting. Brilliant!