Vasquez Value

Schwks

Vasquez Value

Post by Schwks » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:51 am

I posed the question to an owner in my home league, what change is there in Vaz' value as a result of his change of address to the Bronx. He responded very quickly that it went up(it is a NY league)

He seems to have been drafted around the 5th or 6th rounds. I would not touch him until 8-10th round at this point...which means that I wont be touching him. In his 3 years in Chicago, he averaged roughly 200 ks per year...very good but not the outstanding 238 from last year. Further his WHIP in Chi was close to 1.30, good but not the 1.14 it was in 09. His era in 3 years in Chi averaged over 4...nowhere close to the lockdown numbers he had in Atl.

It seemed that towards the end of 08 Vaz started to pitch better in Chi...so for arguments sake, lets suppose that the lights went on and he "got it". That doesnt counteract, for me anyway, the huge difference in the numbers PLUS the fact that he flopped under the bright lights of the Big Apple. Add to that the fact that lefty hitters seem to be destroying new stadium.

In short, Vaz may have found the answers and learned how to utilize his stuff. But in my mind the risk factors for the league switch and change back to locale wherein he had no success takes him out of top dozen pitchers....if not more.
schwanks.blogspot.com
Little Bits mostly non-related to fantasy sports...alright maybe a little