Who?

Geoffrey Stein

Who?

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:28 pm

With 675 total players selected, our 45-round Slow Drafts can produce some names that only the most hardcore of Fantasy Baseballers -- like those that draft in January :) -- know about.

If you're getting ready for a NFBC draft, you may want to do some research on the following names....

Atlanta Braves OF Jason Heyward

Cleveland Indians C Carlos Santana

Oakland As 1B Chris Carter

Pittsburgh Pirates 3B Pedro Alvarez

Texas Rangers 1B Justin Smoak

Florida Marlins OF Mike Stanton

Toronto Blue Jays C JP Arencibia

Baltimore Orioles P Jake Arrieta

Toronto Blue Jays P Kyle Drabek

Pittsburgh Pirates OF John Raynor

San Francisco Giants P Tim Alderson

Cincinnati Reds C Yonder Alonso

New York Yankees C Jesus Montero

Oakland As OF Michael Taylor

Kansas City Royals 3B Mike Moustakas

Baltimore Orioles SS Josh Bell

Florida Marlins 1B Logan Morrison

Washington Nationals P Drew Storen

Tampa Bay Rays OF Desmond Jennings

Cleveland Indians P Hector Rondon

Cincinnati Reds OF Chris Heisey

Chicago Cubs SS Starlin Castro

Cincinnati Reds OF Todd Frazier

Florida Marlins 3B Matt Dominguez

Houston Astros P Samuel Gervacio

Toronto Blue Jays P Zach Stewart

Tampa Bay Rays P Jacob McGee

Los Angeles Angels P Jordan Walden

St. Louis Cardinals OF Allen Craig

Kansas City Royals P Noel Arguelles

Colorado Rockies P Christian Friedrich

Cincinnati Reds P Travis Wood

Pittsburgh Pirates P Brad Lincoln

Toronto Blue Jays 1B Brian Dopirak

Free Agent P Hisanori Takahashi

New York Mets P Ryota Igarashi
Geoffrey Stein - (No Longer)Senior Editor, Fanball.com (R.I.P.)
[email protected]
AIM: gstein729

Edwards Kings

Who?

Post by Edwards Kings » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:42 am

There go all my "sleepers"! :D

Seriously, good stuff. I follow the Braves a little more closely than the others. Here are a few more to follow:

Freddie Freeman, 1B - I believe (per an article by Jason Grey) that Freeman was signed by the same scout that signed Hanson. Looked good in the AFL (those that attended, please comment). Glaus and Chipper are no locks to make it through the season without a trip to the DL, so the Braves could see him in 2010 before the September call-ups.

Jordan Schaefer, OF - Remember him? Won the job last year and ended up trying to play hurt. I would actually give him the nod, with a good spring, of breaking with the club before Heyward. 2011 starting OF for the Braves could contain both with McLouth.

Kris Medlen - To me, he has a better chance than Kawakami to stick in the rotation long-term. The Braves will likely hand the 5th starter role to Kawakami first and Medlen could start in AAA, but one injury or one too many Kawakami short outings and we could see him. Plus curve, good control, and smart, he really only needs to improve his change-up a bit to go with his average fastball and he is a middle rotation type for some time.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Gekko

Who?

Post by Gekko » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:07 am

Originally posted by Edwards Kings:

Kris Medlen - To me, he has a better chance than Kawakami to stick in the rotation long-term. The Braves will likely hand the 5th starter role to Kawakami first and Medlen could start in AAA unless i missed my mark, medlen is destined for the bullpen. i'm never a fan of plopping starters into a relief role. look what happened to Joba, brett myers. F with their arm, the arm F backs

DiamondKing

Who?

Post by DiamondKing » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:35 am

On the the other hand there is Eck,Smoltze,and Rags.papelbon to name a few
All pigs are created equal.Some are more equal than others.

Edwards Kings

Who?

Post by Edwards Kings » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:36 am

Originally posted by Gekko:

quote:Originally posted by Edwards Kings:

Kris Medlen - To me, he has a better chance than Kawakami to stick in the rotation long-term. The Braves will likely hand the 5th starter role to Kawakami first and Medlen could start in AAA unless i missed my mark, medlen is destined for the bullpen. i'm never a fan of plopping starters into a relief role. look what happened to Joba, brett myers. F with their arm, the arm F backs [/QUOTE]Could be right about the bullpen, but with three quality pitches (plus curve, fastball, and changeup will be there), the question will be whether or not he has the stamina for 100-115 pitches over 30+ starts.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer