ADP vs. AAP!!!

sportsbettingman

ADP vs. AAP!!!

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:05 am

Coffee is rollin along...

By design, a 15 team serpentine draft forces the hand of it's drafters at different spots in the draft, be it a run on closers, starters , speed, etc. The construction of your team is based largely on how the draft is unfolding, and the same player could have an extremely different team, based on the league mates draft flow, his own draft slot, or participating or bucking a run, and the resulting adjustments.

On the other hand...the same person could do 10 auctions, and construct their team in a similar manner, with certain foundation pieces in all 10 leagues if one desired.

Assuming all leagues were serious money to the players...would you say a list of ADP would be a more accurate reading of player values, or a list of Average Auction Prices (AAP) :D ???

Thinking this over a bit, I lean toward a high stakes mixed AAP list to be the better standard to go by when placing a cheat sheet in order.

If put to a vote in a poll, which would you vote for and why?

~Lance

[ March 24, 2010, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

LOCKED AND LOADED

ADP vs. AAP!!!

Post by LOCKED AND LOADED » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:13 am

The ADP is nothing more than the consensus of a group of mediocre minds huddling together trying to convince themselves they know what they are doing

sportsbettingman

ADP vs. AAP!!!

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:14 am

Originally posted by rmihulka:

The ADP is nothing more than the consensus of a group of mediocre minds huddling together trying to convince themselves they know what they are doing Straight out of Merriam Websters, baby! :D
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

High Octane Baseball

ADP vs. AAP!!!

Post by High Octane Baseball » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:11 pm

good first post there...lol

Edwards Kings

ADP vs. AAP!!!

Post by Edwards Kings » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:43 pm

Originally posted by rmihulka:

The ADP is nothing more than the consensus of a group of mediocre minds huddling together trying to convince themselves they know what they are doing Really? Darn. I have been wasting my time all these years.

But then again I am not a "retired astro physist" from Flint, MI. I didn't even know the Jetsen's dog had a physicians assistant. Did you train your own successor?
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Money

ADP vs. AAP!!!

Post by Money » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:46 pm

Simply make the default the latest ADP, who cares......
Joe

Edwards Kings

ADP vs. AAP!!!

Post by Edwards Kings » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:52 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

Coffee is rollin along...

By design, a 15 team serpentine draft forces the hand of it's drafters at different spots in the draft, be it a run on closers, starters , speed, etc. The construction of your team is based largely on how the draft is unfolding, and the same player could have an extremely different team, based on the league mates draft flow, his own draft slot, or participating or bucking a run, and the resulting adjustments.

On the other hand...the same person could do 10 auctions, and construct their team in a similar manner, with certain foundation pieces in all 10 leagues if one desired.

Assuming all leagues were serious money to the players...would you say a list of ADP would be a more accurate reading of player values, or a list of Average Auction Prices (AAP) :D ???

Thinking this over a bit, I lean toward a high stakes mixed AAP list to be the better standard to go by when placing a cheat sheet in order.

If put to a vote in a poll, which would you vote for and why?

~Lance Just my two cents...AAP has little or no value to a snake draft. A snake draft is position and opportunity. An auction is value perception and resources.

This dichotomy (I put that word in in case any "retired astro physist" are around) is best shown when $30 pitchers go several rounds after the $20 MI is drafted in the snake. In reverse, in an auction several players will go for less than five bucks endgame, but in the draft these same players are drafted in the middle rounds.

Same player pool, but two separate and barely related tools of measurement.

Just thoughts...
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Thunder

ADP vs. AAP!!!

Post by Thunder » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:43 pm

IMHO

without getting into a bunch of BS, i can definitely correlate auction value VS serpentine draft value.
bill cleavenger
BIG BLUE NATION
"we don't rebuild, we reload"

JAGUAR

ADP vs. AAP!!!

Post by JAGUAR » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:11 am

Originally posted by Edwards Kings:

quote:Originally posted by rmihulka:

The ADP is nothing more than the consensus of a group of mediocre minds huddling together trying to convince themselves they know what they are doing Really? Darn. I have been wasting my time all these years.

But then again I am not a "retired astro physist" from Flint, MI. I didn't even know the Jetsen's dog had a physicians assistant. Did you train your own successor?
[/QUOTE]

JAGUAR

ADP vs. AAP!!!

Post by JAGUAR » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:14 am

so what is so bad with flint mi .