Pace of the Game.....Goin' to the dentist

Liquidhippo

Pace of the Game.....Goin' to the dentist

Post by Liquidhippo » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:59 am

Anyone else puzzled by the media's obsession with shortening the games? For weeks now they just can't get off of that topic. Only thing I can figure is they have, collectively, a horrendous case of Attention Deficit Disorder, hate their jobs and can't wait for their work day to be over, or both. Is being at the ballpark such a horrible experience that we'd want it over as soon as possible? From the way they talk, sounds like watching baseball is worse than a trip to the dentist! Going to a game is REALLY expensive. Sure, for $15 maybe you can sit in the nosebleeds and try to watch the game with binoculars, but I gotta have decent seats, which will usually run me $200-$300 for two tickets in a good section. Add in parking, maybe a hotel(no ballpark close by, so I usually make a weekend out of it), ballpark prices for food and drink, and you're quickly approaching a small mortgage payment for a trip to the park to watch a game. So why in the bleep would I want it to be over with as soon as possible?! I love the atmosphere. Just being there, soaking it all in puts me in a good mood. I like to get there as soon as the gates open an hour+ before the game starts so that I can soak as much of the ballpark vibe as possible. But if it's such a horrible experience that you want over as soon as possible, why would you go in the first place?

I don't get it.