Fantasy Guarantees

Cobb

Fantasy Guarantees

Post by Cobb » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:36 am

Things you can always count on in Fantasy Baseball when things aren't going well:

#1. When your pitcher gets two outs, puts two guys on, and is removed for a reliever...those two guys will always score. They'll get knocked in by the next batter, followed by an easy popout by the subsequent batter. Frustrating to say the least...damn Halos!
"My reputation precedes me. Otherwise I'd be late for all my appointments." - Harry Crumb

rockitsauce

Fantasy Guarantees

Post by rockitsauce » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:54 pm

Originally posted by Cobb:

Things you can always count on in Fantasy Baseball when things aren't going well:

#1. When your pitcher gets two outs, puts two guys on, and is removed for a reliever...those two guys will always score. They'll get knocked in by the next batter, followed by an easy popout by the subsequent batter. Frustrating to say the least...damn Halos! And it really stings if the unlucky pitcher was one you were going to bench....AND (to really rub salt in it) his replacement on the bench does something good! :mad:
Always be closing.

Hawk

Fantasy Guarantees

Post by Hawk » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:47 am

What really gets me in that situation is I invariably own the guy who feebly pops out to end the inning.
My NFBC Blog (updated 8-June)
http://slocumbifyagotem.wordpress.com/

Cobb

Fantasy Guarantees

Post by Cobb » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:46 am

Originally posted by Hawk:

What really gets me in that situation is I invariably own the guy who feebly pops out to end the inning. Ain't that the truth...very funny!
"My reputation precedes me. Otherwise I'd be late for all my appointments." - Harry Crumb

Legend7

Fantasy Guarantees

Post by Legend7 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:40 am

My favorite is when you make your line-up on Monday morning only to find out 5 minutes after the deadline, someone in your line-up is in the infamous "day-to-day" status. Then guaranteed the injured player's back-up (sitting on bench) goes off...You finally get the back-up in the line-up...the back-up immediately goes into an 0-16 slump...meanwhile (to your fantasy horror)the "day-to-day" player comes back and has three of the best days of his career...priceless!
Build it and they will come...