Jose Bautista

Gekko

Jose Bautista

Post by Gekko » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:38 am

Not sure if everyone realized this, but Jose Bautista's hr binge started in 2009 and simply continued in 2010. in his last 678 at bats, he's hit an incredible 64 hr's. :eek:

also, not to be forgotten, his contact rate improved in the 2nd half of the season and resulted in a nice .287 batting average

I think he'll go in the second round (on average) come march. people will want to lock up 3b and HR at the same time. if he happens to blast a bunch of HR in Spring Training, might even see him in the 1st round (not by me though)

swampass

Jose Bautista

Post by swampass » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:07 am

if the hype machine is going to start on jose.. you have to add this info (care of rotoworld):

Jose Bautista underwent surgery to repair a sports hernia in Philadelphia on Thursday.

The incredible part is that he had been bothered by the injury since May. It takes about 4-6 weeks to recover from the procedure, so he should be just fine in time for spring training. Bautista, who led the majors with 54 home runs this season, is eligible for arbitration this winter and is in line for a huge raise from the $2.4 million he earned in 2010.

so hernia huh? does that mean there are even more homers to be had? throw in his 9 steals last year (2 cs) and he just turned 30.. who is feeling lucky?

no way for me in 2.. doubtful for me in 3.