First Half Results / Observations

Money

First Half Results / Observations

Post by Money » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:03 pm

Happy 4th of July!!!

I really enjoy reading Glen Lowy's blog so I thought I'd give a little update on the progress (or lack there of) on my teams. I won't quite go into his depth but you'll get the idea.

NFBC XII - Las Vegas March 22nd - 5th place

This league is loaded with top players. Mr Norred has a stranglehold on first and there will be about 6 of us fighting for second place money. Unfortunately my money is on me, I think that Cocktail fellow has the best shot. I would be shocked if I snuck in.

NFBC XII - Online March 28th - 3rd Place

Once again the standings are top heavy. This time with Mr. Didonato and the damn Cocktail fellow holding down the top two spots comfortably. This will be a grind, but I find it hard to believe I will cash here.

NFBC XII - Online March 29th - 3rd Place

Here is where I find hope. I am only 2 points out of first and have held down the top spot for a larger part of the season. I have a stranglehold on a few offensive categories and have tanked the ERA and Whip. This team can win in a league that is not statistically very strong.

NBFBC Main Event - Online March 30th - 4th Place

I attempted to venture back into a 15 team league. This team continues to amaze me as it rises up the standings. It has been on a roll the last few weeks. As I write this Ian Desmond has single handedly got me into 3rd place only a few points from the top and in the top 70 overall. This team is the opposite of my others as pitching is carrying the day. My expectations here are very tempered though. In my starting lineup week in and week out are the likes of G. Jones, A. Soriano, Stubbs, Gregorious and Rutledge. I'm almost embarrassed that this weakness hasn't been addressed before now. I find it hard to believe that this team can win those players starting. I am tickled to death though and could cash with some luck. This is a statistically week league as well. The team that leads has $0 FAAB dollars left. It should be interesting.

12 Team Super - 3rd Place

This is the one I want the most. This team has been on a roll of late. I have a stranglehold on a few offensive categories which should keep me competitive most of the way. My hopes lie with my pitching staff and will rely heavily on Price and Dickey down the stretch. It might be a small shot, but at least it's a shot.The competition in this league is utterly ridiculous. It's a who's who's of championship fantasy sports most prolific and successful characters, most of whom I've never beaten before. I dream about bringing this one home.

An observation -

In two separate leagues there is a team that has no free agent money left. For the life of me I don't understand it. Even if you saved yourself $25 for $1 pickups just in case. My first thought was it's a form of quitting as that player will have the appearance of trying when in reality he's mailed it in. The team that is first place in my main event league blows that theory out of the water. The other team is in dead last.

All in all it's been a fun season. I hope to stay competitive and stay out of my own way and pray for some pitching!!

Have a Great 4th everyone!!
Joe

Glenneration X

Re: First Half Results / Observations

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:28 am

Money wrote: 12 Team Super - 3rd Place

This is the one I want the most. This team has been on a roll of late. I have a stranglehold on a few offensive categories which should keep me competitive most of the way. My hopes lie with my pitching staff and will rely heavily on Price and Dickey down the stretch. It might be a small shot, but at least it's a shot.The competition in this league is utterly ridiculous. It's a who's who's of championship fantasy sports most prolific and successful characters, most of whom I've never beaten before. I dream about bringing this one home.
Nice write up Joe and a very nice season so far. It's impressive that you're within striking range for every single one of your leagues.

I'll only further comment on the 12-team Super since that's the one league we're in together. Nice job getting back in the race. I watched your team slowly move up the standings and then there was the one day last week that you gained something like 10 points in one day and vaulted into 3rd. Well done.

I agree on your point that this is a ridiculously tough league. There's seven of us just within a handful of points of each other right now and going into the second half, it's anyone's ballgame. It reminds me of the MtM last year where there were seven or eight of us that all had a chance to cash on the very last day of the season. Crazy race that went down to the wire. This league looks like it's got a shot at a similar stretch run. I just wish the other players in the hunt weren't named Dobies, Juprinka, Particelli, Chad, Zarogiannos, & of course Berg. A few more less known or anonymous sorts would give a slightly better level of comfort. Should be a fun race. I hope to stay a part of it.

Either way, keep us updated on your teams and keep up the great work.