Chasing the NFBC 2014 - Now a Veteran of Chasing & Blogging

Glenneration X

Re: Chasing the NFBC 2014 - Now a Veteran of Chasing & Blogg

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:52 am

Who Are You Most Invested In?

Over the past several years, I've started a thread on the main forum asking who we are most invested in. What players hold the keys to our overall success across the majority of our teams. I thought I'd just ask that question down here this year.

The following are the key players to my success, or failure, this year for each position. I didn't always choose the players I had across the majority of my teams, as a player who is in the Platinum and Diamond for me would hold more much more value than one in a handful of OC teams. Still, these are the players I need to come through for me:

C - Wilin Rosario (9 teams incl. Diamond, Ultimate Auction, & 2 Mains) - I seemed to build the majority of my teams this year with at least one elite catcher per team. Although I preferred Posey (who I also have on a handful of teams), once he was gone I would grab Rosario early and often. I liked the way my teams would look with his power bat and a BA that wouldn't hurt from a scarce position.

1B - Edwin Encarnacion (7 teams incl. Ultimate Auction, Super Auction, MLBC, a Main, & Primetime) - In my mind a beast and a pretty sure bet to contribute across 5 categories. I paid for him in both big auctions and the MLBC and grabbed him whenever he fell to me in the 2nd for drafts.

2B - Dustin Pedroia (6 teams incl. Super Auction, a Main, & 2 Primetimes) - Pedroia seemed to fall this year in drafts. I guess his unexciting, but steady production did not appeal to the majority of drafters. Whenever he fell and I was there to scoop him up, I tried to. He didn't always make it back to me, but I feel I got him relatively cheaply where I did.

SS - Jose Reyes (6 teams incl. Diamond, a Main, & 3 Primetimes) - My buddy Dobies gave me a hard time for grabbing Reyes as often as I did. I just couldn't help it. Whenever I missed out on Hanley or Desmond, my radar immediately went to Reyes. I know there's always a risk with him, especially with the hammy questions he had in the spring. Still, he was falling to the 4th and 5th rounds of drafts. I just can't pass on that type of "perceived value" on a player that has 2nd round ability "when healthy". The when healthy part of course is the kicker. He's already punished me for my trust after only one AB. They say it's only inflammation. Hopefully he's back shortly and rewards me for my faith.

3B - Aramis Ramirez (6 teams incl. Diamond, MLBC, & a Primetime) - I know he had an injury plagued, bad season last year. I just feel he's fallen too far. A power and average bat at a scarce position often still available in the double digit rounds. Seemed like a reasonable risk to me.

OF - Wil Venable (7 teams incl. Platinum, Ultimate Auction, Super Auction, MLBC, & 2 Primetimes) - Though I did grab OF's early in drafts, they seemed to vary on who was available when. I probably have Justin Upton the most of any early pick OF, but on some teams it's Bruce, on others Myers, some Choo, some Kemp, etc. etc. Where I had more say in which OF I could and should grab was in the double digit rounds and a player that I seemed to end up with quite a bit is Venable. Adam Eaton was my first choice of those double digit round potential across the board contributing OF's and I did end up with him on a handful of teams. However once he was gone, Venable moved to the top of my draft list. Drafters obviously have limited faith that he can or will repeat as 20/20 OF's should not be available where he was. Still, he was. Even if he regresses some, I think he's worth more than where he was going.

OF - Michael Bourn (9 teams incl. Super Auction, 3 Mains, & 2 Primetimes) - This year in drafts, I tried to build upon my speed late in drafts with speedy OF's. Because of Bourn's off year last season and this preseason's hammy concerns, he fell almost ridiculously low in drafts in my opinion. I get it, I do. Still, I thought he was available way beyond his floor. I got him as low as the 19th round in Mains. Just too low in my opinion. Word is he should be back within the week.

CI/UT - Mark Teixeira (8 teams incl. Diamond, & 2 Primetimes) - As the higher dollar leagues came around, I backed off Tex....a little. In the early drafts, I was grabbing him everywhere. I can still hear Dobies and Juprinka telling me more than once why I was crazy to be grabbing Teixeira, and Tex's own admission that his wrist is still not right is a major red flag. Still, he was going sooooo late, and that short porch in right is just sooooo inviting.

SP - Max Scherzer (5 teams incl. Super Auction, a Main, & Primetime) - I often got shut out or allowed myself to get shut out from the "elite" aces that were getting pushed up the boards more than ever this season. However, whenever an ace fell to the 3rd round of a draft and I was in position to grab him, I often would. More often than not, when given an opportunity at one of those 3rd round aces, I'd grab or be left with Scherzer. He seemed to go later in that tier than I'd expect considering the year he's coming off. I suppose some expect regression. I think he may just be getting started and those K's that are pretty much a sure thing are priceless.

SP - Shelby Miller/Tony Cingrani (4 teams each incl. both on Platinum, Diamond, & a Main and one or the other on Ultimate Auction and another Main) - Instead of the "elite" aces, I often found myself building my staff from the deep well of young upside starters that often could be found between rounds 5 and 15. Wacca, Cole, Tanaka, Bailey, Teheran, Cobb, Salazar, Gray, Minor, Wheeler, Estrada, Archer, Ventura, Pineda, Tillman, Straily, Porcello, etc. etc. are just some of the young future aces that found themselves as the anchors for one or more of my teams. However, Miller & Cingrani stand out as keys to my financial success this season. As the number 2 & 3 starters on my Platinum and Diamond teams as well as a Main, some of my biggest investments lie in their hands. I need them to come through.

SP - Taijuan Walker, Jenrry Mejia, Brandon Morrow - (7 teams each) - We're all forced to finish off the back end of our staffs during the back end of our drafts. We all have our favorites down there. These are some of those that I seemed to draft often during the end game. I tried to focus on talented young arms or arms that may be due for a bounce back so if they come through the upside is greatest. Some others I seemed to get often here are Wily Peralta, Phil Hughes, and Felipe Paulino.

RP - Jonathan Papelbon - (6 teams incl. Platinum, Diamond, Super Auction, & a Primetime) - Another player that I seemed to get some grief from my Buds when drafting as often as I did. Hey, when you push closers as far as I often do, I feel grateful to be able to land someone like Papelbon (no matter how much he sucks :D ). At least he hasn't gone the route of Parnell, Janssen, Henderson, or Jones......yet.

So those are some of the players that I'm counting on this year to help me achieve the success I'm hoping for.
Who are yours?

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:10 pm

I'll join you neighbor:

P - Jonathon Broxton (10 teams)- Drafted him in round 29-30 on most teams as well as the last reserve round in the auctions. Figured worth the risk if I could a handful of saves. Always seemed like the best option with Chapman down but obviously health is always an issue for him

P - Tanner Roark (10 teams) - Drafted him late in many drafts, even grabbed him off FAAB last Sunday in a few leagues. Pitched really well last year and with Fister down for who knows how long he could definitely be an asset pitching for a reeally good team

OF - Michael Cuddyer (10 teams) - Batting average might have been an aberration but even if he gives up 30 points in average he is still a .300 hitter and a real good hitters park. Hitting in front of Cargo should really help as well. Expecting a very, very solid year

SS - JJ Hardy (8 teams) - I really like getting power from at least one MI, especially if I am drafting a Judy in the OF. .270 and 25 bombs from Hardy would fit very nicely with many of the teams I have him on

P - Jesse Crain (8 teams) - I pushed down saves on many of my teams as I detest drafting closers early. I believe that Crain is far and away the best pitcher in the Astros pen. Then again, they will be hard pressed to win 60-65 games. That being said I believe that by the first week in May he will be the closer and will keep the job if he can stay healthy. Considering (like Broxton) where I drafted him he can really provide a real nice ROI

P - Bobby Parnell (7 teams) - DOWN GOES PARNELL, game 1! Out for the year! Nothing more to say

P - Alex Cobb (7 teams) - Do not love him as much as my upside NL guys (Wacha and Cole) but expecting a really big year from him. Should win 13-15 games with really solid ratio/e.r.a with 180 k's or so. Might have reached a round or two for him in the later drafts but I think he will be well worth it

2B Ian Kinsler (7 teams) - Tried to get him wherever I could this year as I believe he is highly motivated to have a big year. Add to that the fact that he is hitting at the top of the order on one of the best offensive teams in baseball and i am a buyer

OF Matt Holliday (7 teams) - Truly a solid professional hitter. Hitting in the middle of a very potent lineup I expect to him to deliver his usual solid campaign. .300/25/100 works for me

OF Jason Werth (7 teams) - Always been a fan of his potential power/speed combo but staying healthy certain seemed to becoming an issue. Coming off a big year I thought that he was being woefully under drafted so I was certainly happy to grab him where I could

OF Dominic Brown (7 teams) - Faded a bit towards the end of last year after a red hot start but certainly finished with solid overall numbers. Being that he is quite young and I like to consider myself a gambler by nature I grabbed Brown often as I felt he could improve to 30 homers this year. From where he was being drafted I certainly would be happy with that!

3B - Mike Moustakas (7 teams) - I like to think that I am smart enough to realize that spring training is exactly what it is, spring training. That being said, there was a time a few years ago when Moustakas was supposed to be the next big thing at the hot corner. I obviously believed the strong spring and rolled the dice often. It can easily blow up in my face but I do tend to select the high risk/high reward guys

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:20 pm

headhunters wrote:glenn- feel free to drop paulino and pick up a real pitcher at any time.
Should have listened to you. :?

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:53 pm

glenn- the more i watch paulino pitch- the more i think you are right- just lock him into your starting lineup for the rest of the year- i think that new software will allow a "lock till october" move on paulino.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:47 am

Stress

There's been many studies done ranking the most stressful events or situations a person can have in life. At the top of most lists are the loss of a loved one, divorce, or being fired from a job. A little further down the list is deteriorating health or a serious financial difficulty of some kind. Towards the bottom of the list is a change in eating, sleeping, some other life habit, or a coming vacation or holiday.

The following is a full list from one of these studies:

My one question and the reason I feel this list and others like it lack credibility....
No mention whatsoever of struggling fantasy baseball teams??? :shock:

Seriously?

Now granted, I wouldn't put my tanking fantasy baseball squads and the stress they cause on par with a major personal injury or being forced to change jobs or even... ummmm errrr... sexual difficulties. :oops:

But a vacation? A major holiday? A traffic ticket??? Believe me, I've had my share of speeding tickets and the stress that caused is nothing compared to watching my Platinum squad sink in the standings.

Now that I give it 2nd thought, maybe even sexual difficulties would be easier to deal with. :?

And since stress is the #1 killer in America, I'll be working hard to turn these disgraceful teams around....
or to find a lot less stressful hobby.

Sitting at my computer every Sunday struggling over FAAB or lineups!!!
Injuries, closer mayhem, underperforming early draft picks!!! There's got to be a less stressful hobby!

Hmmmm.... fantasy chess anyone? :D Ahhhhh, I feel better already.
:mrgreen:

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:11 am

Glenneration X wrote:Now that I give it 2nd thought, maybe even sexual difficulties would be easier to deal with. :?
Sorry to hear about your...um...issues. MtM asked me to remind you....

;) :lol:
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:20 am

Edwards Kings wrote:
Glenneration X wrote:Now that I give it 2nd thought, maybe even sexual difficulties would be easier to deal with. :?
Sorry to hear about your...um...issues.
Luckily Bud, no issues there for me yet.

I credit my unique sense of style and debonair moves. 8-) :mrgreen:

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:15 pm

ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Sometimes I just hate this %$#&^* game!!!! I've been trying not to get caught up in all the injury bitching this year.
I've tried to make this season's blog a quieter, a gentler thread. :D ;)

After all, everyone's suffering injuries, why should my teams be exempt?

But seriously, I've just had it!! :x Every day another injury! I can't even remember the last time this season I had one team where I was able to field a full lineup!

And now Sale! Not that big a loss. Oh no. Just the friggin' ace for both my Diamond and Ultimate Auction entries. :?
There's 15K I'll never see again. :cry:

127 pitches. In April. Are you kidding me??? :shock: I'm sorry, but I just put a contract out on Ventura. :evil:
He's lucky. I said to make it quick. I'd be even more pissed if my teams didn't flat out suck anyway, Sale or no Sale.

What a year.

127 pitches with his arm bent like that??? :shock: How'd Sale make it even this far? :(

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:23 pm

Get back on and row faster Glenn !!!

Sorry, that could be a big big blow ... no one is escaping this season. :cry:

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:01 am

KJ Duke wrote:Sorry, that could be a big big blow ... no one is escaping this season. :cry:
Yeah Bud, it's been ugly and uglier by the moment for all of us.

I went to bed last night pushing visions of Chris Sale's tattered left arm out of my mind as I drifted off to sleep knowing that when I woke up a fresh new day with renewed optimism would be awaiting me. :D

Then I woke up and read the news on Shin-Soo Choo. :?

Not satisfied with the ounce of blood the Fantasy Gods took from me with Sale yesterday, they decided to strike down the most expensive OF on all three of my auction teams, the Ultimate Auction, the NYC Super Auction, and the AL Auction. Damn, I couldn't have bought freakin' Rios!!!

Of course the news is predicated by saying that Choo is suffering from only a "sore" ankle and is day to day. Uh huh.
And Cuddyer only had a hamstring "cramp" and was day to day....
And Sale only had general soreness and was day to day....
And on and on and on this year.

Knowing how accurate the initial mild day to day diagnosis have been thus far this season, I'm fully expecting the next report to announce that Choo will be undergoing a full ankle amputation shortly. :x

Jeez, what a year.

Ahhh, ahhh, ahhh - CHOO!!! God bless you. I feel sick also.

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:22 am

You can't stop the boo boobs, you can only hope to contain them ! :lol:

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:15 am

Quahogs wrote:You can't stop the boo boobs, you can only hope to contain them ! :lol:
Lucky Charms Juprinka probably avoiding the injury bug like the plague!! :D :D :D

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:49 am

Quahogs wrote:You can't stop the boo boobs, you can only hope to contain them ! :lol:
Good point Mr. Lucky Charms Juprinka. :D However, let's face it. The sheer volume of "boo boos" can not always be contained by your standard fantasy roster, much like the sheer volume of some boo "boobs".....

can not always be contained by your standard women's wear!!!
(Though we need to thank God and clothing manufacturers for the latter! :mrgreen: )

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:43 pm

Damn the possible thumb injury, a head first slide into 2nd base WELL worth the risk !! :D

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:55 am

I HATE CLOSERS!!!!

I really do!!

It's not uncommon for my frustration with the position to come out in this blog at least once a year.
After yesterday's closer carnage, today's the day.

- Ernesto Frieri removed from the closer role due to his recent suckitude.
- Jason Grilli placed on the 15 day DL due to an injury that may explain his recent suckitude.
- Luke Gregerson & Sean Doolittle handing Jim Johnson another shot at the role due to their recent suckitude.
- Steve Cishek blows a save proving not even the hottest closers are immune to suckitude.
- Addison Reed nearly blows a save proving you're never too young to join in the suckitude.
- Grant Balfour epically blows a save continuing his recent spiral into suckitude.
- Fernando Rodney nearly epically blows a save continuing his season long suckitude.
- Latroy Hawkins nearly epically blows a save continuing his career long suckitude.
- Matt Lindstrom doesn't even need a save opportunity to prove that he defines suckitude.
- Josh Fields puts up a daily ERA & WHIP of infinity bringing new depths to closer suckitude.

In one day exactly one third of the closers in this game either lost their jobs, got injured, or put up a negative score.
I mean seriously? Can't any closer just put up a nice clean line anymore??
Is it really that hard to get three stinkin' outs??? :?

And I thought Opening Day was bad with Casey Janssen and Bobby Parnell as the pair of closers on both one of my Main Event and one of my Primetime teams. :shock:
Well that actually was really bad. :(

What does this all mean? Well actually nothing new. Just that closers suck and as always, I frickin' hate them!!!

Jeez, what a year.

At least if my closers looked and dressed like this, I wouldn't care how many saves they blew.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:04 am

The Fantasy Gods Delivering a Bat to Our Heads

What a strange season it's been thus far. Some of us want to talk and post about it every day. Others feel it's part of the game and not worthy of discussion. No matter which side of that meaningless fence you're on however, there's no denying that this has been a season that the Fantasy Gods have decided to truly test our resolve.

There's always injuries, there's always closer carnage, there's always April statistical anomalies. This year though, the sheer volume of all the above has been to the extreme.

I suppose we should have seen it coming. By Opening Day, TJS had made the numerous DC and Online Championships draft picks wasted on young upside SP's like Medlen, Beachy, Corbin, and Parker worthless prior to even one regular season pitch made by any of them (AJ Griffin was kind enough to offer a glimmer of hope before succumbing to his own TJS thus taking some Main Event draft picks with him as well :? ). Then by the end of Opening Day, 4 pitchers who were drafted as closers just two days earlier during the Main Event in Janssen, Parnell, Jones, and Henderson had already lost their roles to injury or surprise managerial decisions. By the way, have I mentioned recently that I HATE CLOSERS!

And of course the injuries and closer carousel has continued throughout the balance of April, too many to list here. Well, at least those drafted players who have avoided that carnage have produced as expected, right? Right?? Ummm, not so much. :? We've had to watch an April where early rounders like Miggy, Cargo, Adam Jones, Harper, Chris Davis, Ency, Hanley, Cano, Stras, Pedroia, Desmond, Reyes, Posey, Hosmer, Craig, Segura, Santana, Heyward, etc. etc. etc. all perform like FAAB pickups while literal FAAB pickups like Charlie Blackmon, Chris Colabello, Aaron Harang, and KRod all perform like 1st rounders. Well, it is only the end of April. History says it should all even out in the end, right? Right?? :?

And then, in a year where we've already seen too much out of the ordinary, we were given a day like yesterday.

Yesterday we got to see Sean Doolittle become the 3rd reliever in less than 24 hours to give up at least 4 runs without getting an out and leave the mound with both a WHIP and ERA of infinity for the day. :o

Yesterday we got to see Brandon Morrow finish his start without giving up a hit to the Bosox. But who needs hits when given 8 free passes in less than 3 innings, including to the last 4 batters that Morrow faced, thus becoming the 1st pitcher in 11 years to walk that many in that few. :o :o

Yesterday we also got to see a 2nd pitcher leave a game with a no-hitter in the 3rd, though this time not due to walks, but a blister. Anibal Sanchez, or any pitcher, leaving a game with a blister is not that strange in its own right, but to be placed on the DL for that blister before the game was even in the books was a bit odd. It happened so fast, it felt like the DL announcement was made while he was walking back to the dugout. His manager when describing the blister said it almost made him throw up! What kind of blister from hell was this thing anyway?? :o :shock:

And lastly, yesterday we got some more of Ryan Braun. I mean come on!!! Seriously?? You whack your teammate in the head with a bat knocking him out of the lineup for who knows how long? And then leave later in the game with an injury of your own? Seriously?? You can't make this stuff up. :shock: :shock: (And for those who think any discussion on injuries is "excuse making", this is mere observation as I don't have Braun and/or Segura on any of my NFBC teams ;) ). Anyway, back to Braun. Seriously????

Jeez, what a year.

An old video of childhood friends, Ryan Braun and Jean Segura getting ready for a little league game.

jdryan

Post by jdryan » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:15 pm

:lol: :lol: The last Post is the best Post I ever saw on any board.. You get your first Boo-ya!!!! and it was great meeting you in NY. Please keep writing this, it makes my baseball season, it only can get better for you .....Best of Luck.... :) :lol:
jody ryan

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:18 pm

jdryan wrote::lol: :lol: The last Post is the best Post I ever saw on any board.. You get your first Boo-ya!!!! and it was great meeting you in NY. Please keep writing this, it makes my baseball season, it only can get better for you .....Best of Luck.... :) :lol:
Thanks Jody and a Boo-ya to you too for your great start in two contests. Catch ya soon Bud.

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Thu May 01, 2014 7:07 pm

I agree, Nice read Glen!

jdryan

Post by jdryan » Thu May 01, 2014 11:30 pm

I swear, after watching my two clowns pitch vs each other for my Main team both sucked no win Dubront first time I used him and Archer .. I need a good laugh.. :lol: :lol: I came on here so I could see the poor kid get smashed with a bat.. Fantasy will make you do crazy things for a laugh!!! Boo Ya it will
jody ryan

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Fri May 02, 2014 7:10 am

Outlaw wrote:I agree, Nice read Glen!
Thank you Mike, I enjoy reading your posts as well.

jdryan wrote:I swear, after watching my two clowns pitch vs each other for my Main team both sucked no win Dubront first time I used him and Archer .. I need a good laugh.. :lol: :lol: I came on here so I could see the poor kid get smashed with a bat.. Fantasy will make you do crazy things for a laugh!!! Boo Ya it will
Jody, I empathize with the Dubront/Archer parlay. :shock: Tough game, we play here. Like Segura and that video you so enjoy, sometimes we're the bat, other times we're the head. ;)

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue May 06, 2014 8:12 am

Speed... or the Lack Thereof

It was a very rough week (in a thus far very rough season) for most of my NFBC teams. The most pain being brought on by my $20K Platinum team as I got to watch it drop from its temporary perch in the mid-90's in points while making a charge towards the cash spots on Tuesday to a new depth in the low-60's and approaching the bottom of the standings by week's end. Man, that was fast. :?

To throw salt on the wounds of this now non-contender, Tony Cingrani, Jay Bruce, and Adam Eaton from this team's starting lineup (and of course many other of my teams) were all lost to the disabled list and Yoenis Cespedes ended up in day to day hell during that same 6 day period. No big deal. Pitching, power, and speed. After all, who needs any of those categories in fantasy baseball?

The speed part of the loss equation should be no surprise. The vast majority of my squads have struggled in that category since day 1 of the season when players I was heavily invested in across the board, Jose Reyes and Michael Bourn, both ended up on the DL before Opening Day was in the books.

Other speed "sources" I've been counting on for many of my teams, Shin-Soo Choo, Shane Victorino, Adam Eaton, Lorenzo Cain, etc, etc, have disappointed thus far this season in the SB's due to joining Reyes and Bourn on the injury sidelines, while Everth Cabrera, Hanley Ramirez, Dustin Pedroia, Ian Desmond, Will Venable, Dexter Fowler, Carl Crawford, Alejandro De Aza, Junior Lake, Aaron Hicks, etc. etc. have just disappointed. And EY2, the one player who has contributed towards my teams in this category, just lost his full time job. :?

I just checked the current MLB leaders in steals. Somehow I missed on Dee Gordon everywhere. Altuve, Dozier, Hamilton.... also, zero teams. Marte, Revere, Ellsbury.... ummm, errrr, again none. Raja Davis and Emilio Bonifacio.... just one OC each. Well, at least that last one's an improvement.

Yet I have Reyes, Bourn, Venable, etc. etc. everywhere.

Jeez, what a year.

The fastest remaining healthy player on any of the Glenn X squads suffers an injury at the hands of his teammate.
His teammate obviously the Ryan Braun of turtles.
:(

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri May 09, 2014 11:35 am

Glenn,

Sorry it has been so rough. With all the injuries you have had, you need some room on your roster. Say, why don't you just drop that old dead-wood Bauer...hmmmm?

Trust me...it will help make it all better.... ;)
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat May 10, 2014 7:01 am

Edwards Kings wrote:Glenn,

Sorry it has been so rough. With all the injuries you have had, you need some room on your roster. Say, why don't you just drop that old dead-wood Bauer...hmmmm?

Trust me...it will help make it all better.... ;)
I would my friend. The only issue is that while Bauer obviously hasn't helped yet with my counting stats, he's the only pitcher on my staff that hasn't yet blown up my ratios! :(

How can I give up that kind of anchor for those categories? :?

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon May 12, 2014 11:58 am

I have Shelby Miller in my Auction league. You think he can turn it around? He has walked more people than a school crossing guard.

And don't forget, God gives us what we can handle and evidently he thinks you are a badass! :lol:
Charles Krauthammer