$1250 on-line league

Valman

$1250 on-line league

Post by Valman » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:24 am

Can anyone help set up an on-line league for individuals that cannot attend the NFBC live drafts? All the same rules would apply. Wouldn't mind Greg incorporating this into the NFBC format.

If not - who can help? Any ideas? Please respond.

Dyv

$1250 on-line league

Post by Dyv » Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:49 pm

If there are 15 people interested, I'll be your commish.

Dave

email me at [email protected]

[ February 05, 2004, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Dyv ]
Just Some Guy

Greg Ambrosius

$1250 on-line league

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:32 am

Let me just say in all seriousness that if someone wants to compete in the NFBC but absolutely can't make any of the live drafts, they should e-mail me at [email protected] and I will see what we can do. I have some unique ideas on how to expand our audience and will take everything into consideration. I already have one idea that hasn't been explored yet. So e-mail me directly and we'll see what we can do.

But the goal of this contest is to bring people together, to get people face-to-face again at the draft table and to create regional EVENTS. There are lots of online leagues you can join these days, but old-fashioned face-to-face drafting with the best people in the industry is harder to find. That's what we're creating here. But we're also open-minded enough here to think outside the box and make this work for everyone.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Valman

$1250 on-line league

Post by Valman » Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:35 am

I'm serious DYV - so get lost!

Gordon Gekko

$1250 on-line league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:42 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Let me just say in all seriousness that if someone wants to compete in the NFBC but absolutely can't make any of the live drafts, they should e-mail me at [email protected] and I will see what we can do. I have some unique ideas on how to expand our audience and will take everything into consideration. I already have one idea that hasn't been explored yet. So e-mail me directly and we'll see what we can do.

But the goal of this contest is to bring people together, to get people face-to-face again at the draft table and to create regional EVENTS. There are lots of online leagues you can join these days, but old-fashioned face-to-face drafting with the best people in the industry is harder to find. That's what we're creating here. But we're also open-minded enough here to think outside the box and make this work for everyone. I'm not sure what ideas you have in mind. Unless all owners are drafting at one of the three locations, then there may be a fairness issue or even worse. I'll wait to post additional comments once any ideas are presented.

Dyv

$1250 on-line league

Post by Dyv » Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:58 am

Hey Valman - what are you serious about?

You posted a note about having someone set up a money league. Hard to find those, huh? But, since you seemed overwhelmed by the idea...

I never get lost, I have mapquest.com to help guide me! lol

D

p.s. You sound like a little kid - are you really interested in this?
Just Some Guy

Gordon Gekko

$1250 on-line league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:10 pm

Originally posted by Dyv:

Hey Valman - You posted a note about having someone set up a money league. Hard to find those, huh? But, since you seemed overwhelmed by the idea...

I never get lost, I have mapquest.com to help guide me! lol

D

p.s. You sound like a little kid - are you really interested in this? The tone of your posts are starting to sound more and more like mine. Welcome to the darkside. :D :mad: :D

[ February 05, 2004, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

Dyv

$1250 on-line league

Post by Dyv » Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:33 pm

I do not fear the dark side...

It's actually cozy over here - hmmm

Just Some Guy

Valman

$1250 on-line league

Post by Valman » Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:17 pm

Dave

You wanted to run the league for $2500 - that was, to me, offensive. If I was mistaken, I beg the "darksides"' forgiveness.

And no - I'm not a little kid. Might be old enough to be your grandpapa.

Greg has taken the request serious and may have a way to get a few involved on-line, that is what I was searching for.

Dyv

$1250 on-line league

Post by Dyv » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:38 pm

Grand-Pappy Val...

I'm afraid the problem is that this is a live draft... and anything other than that doesn't really fit here? I'm sure if Greg wants to hook you up via cellphone so you can draft that's great, but I don't see how an online league could be part of the NFBC. Maybe you could get one of those cool desk-top speaker phones and say 'Hello Angels - I'll pick Tino Martinez'

You just seemed confused how to set up a money league and I figured it wouldn't be worth my time to administer all the FA pickups via email, etc., etc. if there wasn't some kind of minor renumeration.

Then again - I'm busy studying the dark arts and running a league could be time consuming. Unless I could run a league and corrupt all the entrants as practice... hmmmmm

Dyv
Just Some Guy