If A-Rod goes to the Yanks...

seefer

Post by seefer » Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:14 pm

and Soriano goes to the Rangers, whose numbers will be affected more? Will A-Rod's shoot up in RBI + R with such an amazing offense around him? Will his HR decrease?

And if Soriano goes to Tex. won't his HRs go up more but with a less talented offense around him, his R + RBI may decrease?

Just like to hear your thoughts. Mine, you ask? ---They're both still in the top 5!

Return of the Aces

Post by Return of the Aces » Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:53 pm

I see a slight increase in Arods numbers for Rs, HRs, and RBI's. Soriano's SBs will probably go up, and I see this as his 40-40 year, but his RBIs and R may be down.

I guess that Arod will now be eligible at SS and 3B Or do we have to wait for him to play 20 games at 3B? Soriano will probably move to another position also.

Jon_Ashton

Post by Jon_Ashton » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:03 pm

An interesting move for both. I think A-Rod will thrive in NY because the greatest players do best when the intensity is increased. With the players around him, his runs and RBI should go even higher.

I think Soriano is a top 5 type either way, but I have a little better feeling about his numbers being better in Texas. He faltered at the end of last year and in the playoffs for NY, so there was going to be a negative spotlight glaring intensely on him at any signs of less than awesome play on his part. That kind of negativity probably could've brought him down some if he started off poorly. But I think it's safe to say A-Rod is so good, he'll excel no matter. Soriano will likely bat down lower in the order in Texas, so his RBIs should go up. I'd guess he'll play even better, getting away from NY. I just have a feeling it'll be good for him in Texas.

Jon_Ashton

Post by Jon_Ashton » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:13 pm

Eric Young gains value, as he'll now have a regular job at 2B. I guess Mike Young will be at SS.

Top Dawg

Post by Top Dawg » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:18 pm

I think both will do better than they would have this year. A-Rod will excel on a winning team and Soriano would have felt the sting of the ugly playoffs under the NY lights. He will run more in Texas; but A-Rod may run less in NY. That lineup will not need to run themselves out of innings.

As for new positions, sure they will qualify if moved after 20 games. A-Rod may lose some value next year if he only qualifies at 3rd; but this year he will be a number one pick in nearly every draft.

Pete
OK - So I'm not as good as I thought I was; but at least I am consistent.

TBill

Post by TBill » Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:53 am

I think the Yankees will now get Nomar to play 2B.

Jon_Ashton

Post by Jon_Ashton » Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:21 am

Ouch!

That might be more kicks to the groin than many BoSox fans could handle from the Yanks.

I guess the Yankees won't miss Aaron "Bleepin" Boone...

Philly CheeseSteaks

Post by Philly CheeseSteaks » Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:14 am

A-Rod's numbers will decrease very little but still warrants #1 pick. Also, A-ROD will probably still qualify at shortstop next year after Jeter misses over 20 games or moves to other positions due to team members injuries.