First Live Baseball Games

Leaderboard Sports

Post by Leaderboard Sports » Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:51 am

Just curious if everyone can remember their first live game.

I watched Robin Roberts pitch against Cleveland in old Cleveland stadium. Brooks Robinson was a young and upcoming Third baseman for the Orioles and Tito Franconna (Terry's Dad) played for Cleveland. Our Little League coach took our whole team to the game.

Now you know I'll be one of the oldest NFBC managers, older and wiser. ;)

Rey

Post by Rey » Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:29 am

I vaugely remember my first game. I must have been 4 or 5. Late 70's. St. Louis Cardinals at the Philadelphia Phillies. I don't remember much. All I remember was Bake McBride. I clearly remember his afro, and the fact that he was all dirty by the end of the game. And that name has been stuck in my mind forever. It's funny cause, I don't remember Mike Schmidt. I have no idea if Steve Carlton pitched. But I remember Bake McBride and his dirty uniform.

BB of the Leaderboard

Post by BB of the Leaderboard » Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:54 am

Originally posted by Leaderboard Sports:

Just curious if everyone can remember their first live game. . . Now you know I'll be one of the oldest NFBC managers, older and wiser. ;) My first game(s) were a day/night double header at Milwaukee County Stadium between Frank Robinson's Cincy Reds and Hank Aaron's Milwaukee Braves. The second game went 16 innings and lasted until after 2:00 A.M. The Reds swept.

B(That was 1961, the year that the Astros -- then the Colt 45's -- stole the immortal Joey Amalfitano from the Giants as the first pick in the Astros/Mets expansion draft)B

chi town here we come

Post by chi town here we come » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:51 pm

OLD TIMERS :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: