Defending WCOFB Champs have their work cut out for them

Hoosier Hick

Post by Hoosier Hick » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:49 am

I noticed that the WCOFB posted their draft order and league assingments today. They have only 3 leagues (45 teams). LB Big Richards, the defending champs have the 15 pick of their league. I think they picked 2nd or 3rd last year. I think they have their work cut out for them. But there is not that big of a difference in where you are drafting.

Any others out there that are pulling the double header in Vegas want to share their feelings on where they are picking at in the WCOFB?

[ March 12, 2004, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Hoosier Hick ]
"People ask me what I do in the winter. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby

LB Big Richards

Post by LB Big Richards » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:14 am

Yeah, bit of a disappointment, mainly because I don't like to reach for players. At least, we have a better idea of who SHOULD be available when we pick.

Ideally, 4th or 10th-13th was what I was hoping for.

Oh well, they're not making it easy for us to repeat. :( :confused: :mad:

Hoosier Hick

Post by Hoosier Hick » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:24 am

Really I would like to be picking in the top 8. But I guess the later in the first round, the earlier in the second round. ;) Good luck on defending your title. I hope you use all of your luck in the WCOFB and not in the NFBC. :D :D :D
"People ask me what I do in the winter. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby

Post by 751542 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:47 am

i will be playing a doubleheader as well. hopefully, we wont get too lathered up trying to make it to the wcofb draft. i am in league 1 and drew the 6th pick. i am not too excited about being in the same league as the defending champs, but i personally like my spot. top 5 would have been more preferable but i will take it. this is my first post but have been a regular reader. good luck to all.lets have fun!! RT
" i have never lost...just ran out of time!"

Leaderboard Sports

Post by Leaderboard Sports » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:53 am

I got 13th in the same league as Hojin which is bad for both he and I :(

I'll have to have a large supply of paper wads to throw at him everytime he takes my guy.

Cherokee Nation

Post by Cherokee Nation » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:47 am

LEAGUE # 1, DRAFTING # 1

In more than 100 leagues we have NEVER drafted first. This was long overdue. Looking forward to battling the current champions. Should be fun. Best of luck. I hope the player we want is still available when we pick
Remember the Constitution and the freedoms we used to have

Top Dawg

Post by Top Dawg » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:55 am

Weapons - care to tell who you will select? A-Rod or Soriano? Just curious since Soriano actually went for more money than A-Rod in the AL LABR.

Pete
OK - So I'm not as good as I thought I was; but at least I am consistent.

seefer

Post by seefer » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:29 pm

Good luck in the WCOFB guys.