Keeper II

RotoXpert

Keeper II

Post by RotoXpert » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:55 am

In a no salary 5*5 keeper league, I can keep 8, my first 6 I think are no brainers, in:

ARod

Helton

Blalock

R. Johnson

Wood

Clemens

I am deciding between Edmonds, B. Wagner, Benitez, Isringhausen and Smoltz for the final two spots.

I have no problem keeping two closers, but would appreciate any advice, insight and/or comments from the finest roto players in the land!

Keeper II

Post by 751542 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:14 am

i would def. keep benetiz and wagner. more hi on benetiz. oufield to deep looking for a reduction from edmonds. tweaky shoulder on izzy. wagner is scary but like his k's and the team over izzy. no on smoltz. not even a consideration, age a "new role" scare me. RT
" i have never lost...just ran out of time!"

Greg Ambrosius

Keeper II

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:56 am

Wagner and Benitez.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

RotoXpert

Keeper II

Post by RotoXpert » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:16 am

I agree with both of you and that was the direction I was headed, until the resident loud mouth called with his latest projections for the league and had projected me as keeping Edmonds over Wagner. Of course I led him to believe that Smoltz was above all of them on my list, not true at all but we all know misiformation is a great technique. Anyhow after that discussion I posted this same scenario on another board and Edmonds got nearly %50 of the votes as opposed to about %30 for Wagner. The masses are asses, which is why I came to the pinnacle of the fantasy world with the same question.

On a side note, Greg, will there be power outlets for computers at the NY draft local this year?

Evil Empire

Keeper II

Post by Evil Empire » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:57 am

I agree too. Wagner and Benitez. That would make an unstoppable pitching staff...

Dyv

Keeper II

Post by Dyv » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:59 am

So, guys - how often do you rotate your tires?

For what it's worth I like to add a touch of salt to Macaroni and Cheese to make the water boil a little more quickly.

Thanks for the advice.

Dyv
Just Some Guy

Cellar Dwellers

Keeper II

Post by Cellar Dwellers » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:31 pm

Originally posted by Dyv:

So, guys - how often do you rotate your tires?

For what it's worth I like to add a touch of salt to Macaroni and Cheese to make the water boil a little more quickly.

Thanks for the advice.

Dyv Dyv-You are too funny! :D

Spyhunter

Keeper II

Post by Spyhunter » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:22 am

Personally, I would keep Edmonds over Wagner. Wagner has had continuous problems for years and doesn't have the build to keep throwing 100 miles an hour (5'10") - he is my size. I believe this puts an inordinate strain on his body, hence the large number of injuries over the last couple of years.

Just my 2 cents...