Not a good sign...

Gordon Gekko

Not a good sign...

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:23 pm

Oliver Perez has yet to see game action because of stiffness in his pitching shoulder.

Kip Wells has been scratched from his scheduled star Monday because of elbow stiffness.

A.J. Burnett gave up four runs and six hits in two innings against the Cardinals today.

Burnett, who allowed a two-run double to opposing pitcher Chris Carpenter, left without talking to reporters.

C.C. Sabathia was scratched from his start today after straining a muscle in his right side while warming up.

TheKing

Not a good sign...

Post by TheKing » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:33 pm

This is exactly why you MUST grab a top tier starter with one of your first two picks.
"When your strategy is deep and far reaching, what you gain by your calculations can allow you to win before you fight."

Gordon Gekko

Not a good sign...

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:34 pm

Originally posted by TheKing:

This is exactly why you MUST grab a top tier starter with one of your first two picks. were you looking at my draftsheet again?

TheKing

Not a good sign...

Post by TheKing » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:38 pm

You have taught me well. I liken our mentor/apprentice relationship to that of Beane/Podesta. In order to win you need starting pitching and speed early.
"When your strategy is deep and far reaching, what you gain by your calculations can allow you to win before you fight."

Gordon Gekko

Not a good sign...

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:44 pm

Originally posted by TheKing:

You have taught me well. I liken our mentor/apprentice relationship to that of Beane/Podesta. In order to win you need starting pitching and speed early. why are you my abused son? i'd much rather have an apprentice

TheKing

Not a good sign...

Post by TheKing » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:47 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

quote:Originally posted by TheKing:

You have taught me well. I liken our mentor/apprentice relationship to that of Beane/Podesta. In order to win you need starting pitching and speed early. why are you my abused son? i'd much rather have an apprentice [/QUOTE]The abused son is a leaderboard inside joke. I'm contemplating a new apprentice signature. Let me sleep on it.