Post by sportsbettingman » Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:53 pm

I'd like to se it.

~Lance
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

Head 2 Head

Gekko Team

Post by Head 2 Head » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:53 am

GG - I was in Chicago and voted for you to come. I was wearing the allstar Jersey, hope I got to chat with you walking around afterwards. Really hope you where at my table (#4). I didn't get the feel of having my ass handed to me. Thought Coops built a good team. I am hoping you were the guy that took Patterson number 18 overall, as he is on my team. While I would enjoy looking at your team, I am more interested in who you were thinking should produce top twenty numbers that didn't end up on your team, because they didn't fall to your slot. I have Dunn number 15 overall and was hoping for 3rd round (43) that he was gone by.
"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." - Winston Churchill

Cooperstown

Gekko Team

Post by Cooperstown » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:07 am

Originally posted by Head 2 Head:

GG - I was in Chicago and voted for you to come. I was wearing the allstar Jersey, hope I got to chat with you walking around afterwards. Really hope you where at my table (#4). I didn't get the feel of having my ass handed to me. Thought Coops built a good team. I am hoping you were the guy that took Patterson number 18 overall, as he is on my team. While I would enjoy looking at your team, I am more interested in who you were thinking should produce top twenty numbers that didn't end up on your team, because they didn't fall to your slot. I have Dunn number 15 overall and was hoping for 3rd round (43) that he was gone by. Thanks h2h, as I said in another thread, you'll have the best numbers for any team drafting 10th.

Konerko will be the best 6th rounder period. If my 1st 3 picks (Helton, Texieria, Dunn) didn't fall the way they did, I'd have Konerko in the 5th. Your entire OF, especially Rowand, will all be 5 category guys. Best catcher tandem in the league (IRod and Inge). 2 solid closer-in- waiting types (Gordon, MacDougal) to go with KRod. A little week on, week off with Francis. Solid draft.

Cooperstown

Gekko Team

Post by Cooperstown » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:13 am

h2h, I have you confused with another good drafter in our league. You were 13th, right? Who was 10th?

I was too busy trying to get my damn laptop caught up and confused a couple guys. :confused:

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Team

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:43 am

my apologies for not making it around to chat with all of you in chicago...

1B LaRoche; Thome

2B Loretta; Figgins

SS Matsui; Upton

3B Crede; Tracy

C Lo Duca; Pierzynski

OF Wells; A.Jones; Crawford; Stairs; Sanders;

Holliday; Gathright; Conine

SP R.Lopez; Eaton; Harang; Zito; Maddux; Milton;

Washburn; Benson

RP Lyon; Wagner; Brazoban; Foulke

i would have loved to get r.harden, burnett, or bonderman, but they didn't last long enough...

Dyv

Gekko Team

Post by Dyv » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:48 am

GG: How do you feel about your team? I'm worried about your 3b situation.

Your pitching is wicked sneaky - my first glance at your roster there was average but upon further review - not half bad.

I think Tom gave you some draft mojo from me. Hope it worked out okay?

Dave
Just Some Guy

KJ Duke

Gekko Team

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:40 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

my apologies for not making it around to chat with all of you in chicago...

1B LaRoche; Thome

2B Loretta; Figgins

SS Matsui; Upton

3B Crede; Tracy

C Lo Duca; Pierzynski

OF Wells; A.Jones; Crawford; Stairs; Sanders;

Holliday; Gathright; Conine

SP R.Lopez; Eaton; Harang; Zito; Maddux; Milton;

Washburn; Benson

RP Lyon; Wagner; Brazoban; Foulke

On my numbers ... excellent BA and speed, good run prodcn, a little light in HR and RBI.

Billy Wagner, or Ryan? assuming billy ... pitching solid all around, some ERA risk and could've used one more high K SP.

Head 2 Head

Gekko Team

Post by Head 2 Head » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:30 am

GG - Lets look at our overlaps. My Wagner is Billy and I took him too soon (3rd round). I was sitting next to Aaron Seefelt - and in knowing that last season he took Gagne and Wagner back-to-back in the second/third I overpaid. Best reason to hide your face.

I have Eaton (maybe 16th) who is my number four SP- Schmidt (2rd), Ol. Perez (4th) and Escabar (14th)drafted ahead of him. Hope he is 2004 Peavy. Not sure his round, as I was grabbing a SP every other round.

Our other same player is Andrew Jones - who I got in the sixth and was my sixth top 48 - my fourth round.

I expect big things from all three. So I think you have a great bet at each SP, RP and OF in my opinion. I am just hoping that I got them later then you. What pick did you use on Crawford? Manny was my 13.

I too was on the Bonderman bandwagon, but he slipped plenty fair in my draft.

Thanks for sharing. For either of us to finish in the top 10 we need solid numbers from those overlaps.
"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." - Winston Churchill

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Team

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:57 am

Originally posted by Dyv:

GG: How do you feel about your team? overall --> lukewarm. couple my draft with FAAB and i think i will be in the mix. i need one of my sneaky pitchers to pull a sheets or even close to sheets. i didn't select an SP until round 10.

I'm worried about your 3b situation. people were worried when my starting wr's were: Rod Smith, Kennison and Muhammed. last year in baseball, everyone said my team was lite in hr's and at the end of the season i had 300+.

i'm not worried. i expect good things from crede and/or tracy.

Your pitching is wicked sneaky thanks. i'm not done with the sneaky part yet either

I think Tom gave you some draft mojo from me. Hope it worked out okay?yes. thank you.

[ March 21, 2005, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Team

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:58 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

On my numbers ... excellent BA and speed, good run prodcn, a little light in HR and RBI.

Billy Wagner, or Ryan? assuming billy ... pitching solid all around, some ERA risk and could've used one more high K SP. Yes, Billy Wagner. Where do you see me finishing? how bout if i pick up the baseball equivalent of droughns?

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Team

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:10 am

Originally posted by Head 2 Head:

GG - Lets look at our overlaps. My Wagner is Billy and I took him too soon (3rd round).

I have Eaton (maybe 16th)

Our other same player is Andrew Jones - who I got in the sixth B.Wagner 5th round

Eaton 15th or 16th

A.Jones 7th

Head 2 Head

Gekko Team

Post by Head 2 Head » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:57 am

Very nice then. The numbers looked like Andrew might slip, but I was afraid he wouldn't be their in the seventh. That you got a player that I had ranked as top 40 overall in the 7th round makes me think that you are one of the teams that I have to keep my eye on.

KJ Duke

Gekko Team

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:37 am

quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:

Billy Wagner, or Ryan? assuming billy ... pitching solid all around, some ERA risk and could've used one more high K SP. Yes, Billy Wagner. Where do you see me finishing? how bout if i pick up the baseball equivalent of droughns?
[/QUOTE]Your pitching scores 53% of your overall points, and you finsh 36th overall, assuming probability-weighted injury risks.

Second or third in your league, 89th percentile, not bad.

Assuming one great hitting WW pickup, you move up to 25th overall, which gives you an outside shot at the league title ... if we assume my analysis of last year's draft holds true for this year and the Chicago lges are below average, then your odds might improve to 3:1 to win your lge.

[ March 21, 2005, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Team

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:43 am

Your pitching scores 53% of your overall points, and you finsh 36th overall, assuming probability-weighted injury risks.

Assuming one great hitting WW pickup, you move up to 25th overall, which gives you an outside shot at the league title ... if we assume my analysis of last year's draft holds true for this year and the Chicago lges are below average, then your odds might improve to 3:1 to win your lge. the funny thing is, NO ones team grades out as top 10 or even likely top 20 at this point. most of the teams that did it last year had a major sleeper on their team, aka, sheets, beltre, o.perez. artie's team for instance looked like an average team after the draft (maybe even below average with no closers). thanks for the numbers though

KJ Duke

Gekko Team

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:06 am

Your pitching scores 53% of your overall points, and you finsh 36th overall, assuming probability-weighted injury risks.

Assuming one great hitting WW pickup, you move up to 25th overall, which gives you an outside shot at the league title ... if we assume my analysis of last year's draft holds true for this year and the Chicago lges are below average, then your odds might improve to 3:1 to win your lge. the funny thing is, NO ones team grades out as top 10 or even likely top 20 at this point. most of the teams that did it last year had a major sleeper on their team, aka, sheets, beltre, o.perez. artie's team for instance looked like an average team after the draft (maybe even below average with no closers). thanks for the numbers though
[/QUOTE]Actually make that 2:1 odds (1 in 3 chance is what I meant).

Probably true as for top 10, mine rates 9th on my numbers, but that has unfair bias to it. Take a look at my team on the other thread, let me know what you think ...

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Team

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:24 am

Probably true as for top 10, mine rates 9th on my numbers, but that has unfair bias to it. Take a look at my team on the other thread, let me know what you think ... kev - there are so many "rate my team" threads...can you post here? sorry for being lazy.

KJ Duke

Gekko Team

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:11 pm

Probably true as for top 10, mine rates 9th on my numbers, but that has unfair bias to it. Take a look at my team on the other thread, let me know what you think ... kev - there are so many "rate my team" threads...can you post here? sorry for being lazy. [/QUOTE]C ...... Johnny Estrada

C ...... Koyie Hill / Matt LeCroy

1B ..... Paul Konerko

3B/CI . Corey Koskie/Garret Atkins

2B ..... Placido Polanco/ Orlando Hudson

SS/MI . Carlos Guillen/ Khalil Greene

OF ..... Carl Crawford

OF ..... Carlos Lee

OF ..... Andruw Jones

OF ..... Pat Burrell

OF ..... Dustan Mohr/ Willy Taveras/ JJ Davis

UT ..... Josh Phelps/ Rob Mackowiak

SP ..... Jason Schmidt