Wild Card: Braves

ALCS: Yankees v. Red Sox

NLCS: Braves v. Cardinals

WS: Yankees v. Cardinals

Champs: Yankees

Online Yeti

Predictions for MLB 2005

Post by Online Yeti » Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:34 pm

Looks about right. I'm a Cards fan so hope they make it to the WS again (with Mulder and healthy Carpenter) as you suggest.

AL East, I don't see how it could go any different. Maybe TB overtakes Toronto, but pitching should prevent that.

AL Central - Most interesting division again. I like Twins to win b/c of bullpen and Tigers to jump over the SOX to 3rd.

AL West - Its difficult to imagine Billy Beane finishing in the basement. But this should be the strongest top to bottom division.

NL East - Interesting you picked the Braves to finally not win one. I like the Phillies as higher than fourth. The Mets will disappoint dispite spending money on good players. Braves need some help on offense, but should be good enough to take the division again.

NL Central - I could only see the Brewers swapping with the Reds. Interesting pick Reds over Astros, but I think Houston will really struggle.

NL West - looks good.
Chin Music - NY7

bjoak

Predictions for MLB 2005

Post by bjoak » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:19 pm

Picking the Yankees to win the East is fine but saying the Red Sox have no chance (as Yeti did) to win the division is so far past ridiculous, I can't even see it anymore.

Picking the A's to finish in the basement and the Phillies to finish near last (in msamuels original projections) are pretty absurd as well.

I see Red Sox, A's, Phillies all winning their divisions.

[ April 03, 2005, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: bjoak ]
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Return of the Aces

Predictions for MLB 2005

Post by Return of the Aces » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:25 pm

bjoak, I have no idea who you are responding to about the Red Sox. I, for one, never wrote anything that the Red Sox will not be in it until the end. I predict them winning the wild card. But, I do think that the Phillies and A's will struggle. Their pitchers with the best upside are still young and inexperienced.

bjoak

Predictions for MLB 2005

Post by bjoak » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:07 pm

Again, see the post by Yetti.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Online Yeti

Predictions for MLB 2005

Post by Online Yeti » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:08 pm

Of course just my opinion. Yankees got better and Sox got worse adding Wells, Clement and Miller for Pedro and Lowe. Yankees have an enormouse pitching advantage after the aces IMO. I do think the Sox will get in by wildcard. Renteria was a nice add, but this battle is about pitching. Sox did need the defense help, but Renteria only slightly better than Cabrera in the field.
Chin Music - NY7