MLB Steriod Testing Policy..

JAR

Post by JAR » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:17 am

What are the odds that MLB EVER busts a real player?

Alex Sanchez? Jorge Pierda?.. GIVE ME A BREAK.

Who is next? Ricky Ledee?...

[ April 13, 2005, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: JAR ]

Latham

Post by Latham » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:09 am

I heard Sutcliffe's comments yesterday. He says he's heard that some big names have tested positive and says it will all come out in the next couple of weeks. He seems to know names, but he won't say who. We'll see.

JAR

Post by JAR » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:33 am

Originally posted by Latham:

I heard Sutcliffe's comments yesterday. He says he's heard that some big names have tested positive and says it will all come out in the next couple of weeks. He seems to know names, but he won't say who. We'll see. Brian Roberts for sure 4 HR already!?!?!

Liquidhippo

Post by Liquidhippo » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:15 am

What I would like to hear, is EXACTLY what they are testing for. I've heard alot of 'talk' from the media, but I'm not sure I've heard anything from someone who's familiar with the testing process. Ie. what constitutes a positive test. How many types of steroids are there? Do they actually check for the presence of 'steroids' or just a certain testosterone level in an individual? I've been told by someone who used steroids that 'there's no way to actually test for steroids themselves, so they have to test for an inordinately high level of testosterone.' This was a few years ago, I have no idea whether it is/was true or not, or if he was just full of hot air. I've also read in a number of places, that there are numerous precursos, legal nutrional substances, that can cause a positive result when testing for steroids. Does anyone REALLY know?

[ April 27, 2005, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Liquidhippo ]