New Wing for the Hall of Fame

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Sun May 21, 2006 2:23 am

I think they ought to create a new wing in the Hall of Fame. Put it there just for guys like Bonds (you know...liars, cheats, jerks, $%&holes, rednecks). Move Cobb over there. Let Rose in a put him over there. Expand the Hall criteria and put in Canseco and Howe. McGwire and Sosa would be a fit. Add Boggs and most owners.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

DiamondKing

Post by DiamondKing » Sun May 21, 2006 3:32 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Edwards Kings:

I think they ought to create a new wing in the Hall of Fame. Put it there just for guys like Bonds (you know...liars, cheats, jerks, $%&holes, rednecks). Move Cobb over there. Let Rose in a put him over there. Expand the Hall criteria and put in Canseco and Howe. McGwire and Sosa would be a fit. Add Boggs and most owners. We can put the old wing in Vatican City.

[ May 21, 2006, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: Dave Clum ]
All pigs are created equal.Some are more equal than others.

DiamondKing

Post by DiamondKing » Sun May 21, 2006 3:43 am

Let me see.Babe Ruth ,broke the law during prohibition,chased women while married.He is out.Nolan Ryan kicked Robin Ventura's butt.He is out.Johnny Bench,Well I have heard the rumours,He is out.Fergie Jenkins,Drugs,He is out.etc,etc,etc.
All pigs are created equal.Some are more equal than others.

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Sun May 21, 2006 8:53 am

Horrible. We would be left with the likes of Christy Mathewson, Lou Gehrig, Honus Wagner, Schmidt, Robinson (Frank, Jackie, Brooks), Neikro, Sutton, Greg Maddux (soon as possible), Ripken, and on and on and on and on....
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Sun May 21, 2006 9:05 am

Originally posted by Edwards Kings:

Horrible. We would be left with the likes of Christy Mathewson, Lou Gehrig, Honus Wagner, Schmidt, Robinson (Frank, Jackie, Brooks), Neikro, Sutton, Greg Maddux (soon as possible), Ripken, and on and on and on and on.... Not sure Frank Robinson and Brooks Robinson belong in the same wing. Brooks one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Frank one of the rudest- well known to be a huge racist.

Cellar Dwellers

Post by Cellar Dwellers » Sun May 21, 2006 2:49 pm

Originally posted by Chest Rockwell:

quote:Originally posted by Edwards Kings:

Horrible. We would be left with the likes of Christy Mathewson, Lou Gehrig, Honus Wagner, Schmidt, Robinson (Frank, Jackie, Brooks), Neikro, Sutton, Greg Maddux (soon as possible), Ripken, and on and on and on and on.... Not sure Frank Robinson and Brooks Robinson belong in the same wing. Brooks one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Frank one of the rudest- well known to be a huge racist. [/QUOTE]Agree on Frank, aside from the racism, I'll never forget when he managed the Giants and Steve Howe was on the mound for the Dodgers, Frank pulled one of the all time low life bush moves. He simulated like he was snorting coke, putting his finger on the side of his nose and sucking in to try and mess with Howe's head. I thought that was atrocious for another manager to do that.