From 2 hole

sranaghan

From 2 hole

Post by sranaghan » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:08 pm

Here is our team from the 2 hole..fire away..sure there is issues but could have done worse...Corners are pretty rank...

C Ivan Rodriguez

C John Buck

1B Daric Barton

2B Asdrubal Cabrera/Kat Matsui

SS Hanley Ramirez

3B Mike Lowell

MI Stephen Drew

CI Akinori Iwamura

OF Magglio Ordonez

OF Alex Rios

OF Andruw Jones

OF Josh Hamilton

OF Franklin Gutierrez

DH Gary Sheffield

SP CC Sabathia

SP Justin Verlander

SP Ben Sheets

SP Bronson Arroyo

SP Hideki Kuroda

SP Jeremy Guthrie

SP Wakefield/Rogers (not good will need to replace)

RP Manny Corpas

RP Joe Borowski

Bench any to speak of only are

Alexei Ramirez

Rajai Davis

Huff

billywaz

From 2 hole

Post by billywaz » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:17 pm

I am sorry to say, but I think this team is REALLY going to struggle.

In addition to the corners being weak, I think you are going to struggle at 2nd base. If Asdrubel drops in the lineup, and Matsui can't get his ass fixed right, that is going to be a huge hole.

On a plus note, I think your starting pitching will be good, but Corpas and Borowski could be "Mr. Toad's wild ride" in the bullpen! :eek:

Good luck! :D

sranaghan

From 2 hole

Post by sranaghan » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:20 pm

billywaz, lets see your team..im sure its real solid top to bottom...

billywaz

From 2 hole

Post by billywaz » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:22 pm

I didn't mean to offend you, I was just voicing my opinion (I thought that is what you were looking for? :confused: )

I didn't draft a team in the Main today, but sure wish I could have. :(

sranaghan

From 2 hole

Post by sranaghan » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:25 pm

ok billy..yep...its a tough draft...so hard to get every spot solid..we figured catcher and outfield and starters are solid and closers are always a crapshoot....ss is not bad at all for us..its the corners that worries us..there was not as much depth as we thought at corner...its not great but infield we need to faab it...

Spyhunter

From 2 hole

Post by Spyhunter » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:01 pm

Originally posted by sranaghan:

billywaz, lets see your team..im sure its real solid top to bottom... Dude, you can't post your team, ask for feedback, get constructive feedback, then complain about it

baggler

From 2 hole

Post by baggler » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:47 pm

I agree that if you don't want crititicism than don't post your team. BWAZ is entitled to his opinion whether he drafted or not. You are asking about your team ,correct?.

Here's my opinion I think you have a contending team (top 5 in your league) if Hamilton,Sheets and Sheffield stay healthy and produce. And as you wrote you need to address your back end starters.And I'm not crazy about Borowski and his era and whip, that could hurt you. But until they say he's not the closer assume 35 saves.

Personally I like the Davis/Matsui reserves. What I don't like is Sheffield (he hurts you in his eligibility) and that a positional player will have to be replaced to address steals instead of inserting the sb guy at the U spot.But that's personal preference.The Sheff is a monster when he's on just like him better when OF eligible. Good luck !!!

[ March 15, 2008, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: Baggler ]
"Fortis fortuna adiuvat"- "Fortune favors the brave"

DOUGHBOYS

From 2 hole

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:54 pm

Originally posted by billywaz:

Matsui can't get his ass fixed right, that is going to be a huge hole.

Unintentional humor, always the best. :D
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Crazy Like a Fox

From 2 hole

Post by Crazy Like a Fox » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:55 pm

Let me see.

Your pitching has a chance to be very good. I really like your top 3.

Sabathia/Verlander are both going to be 18-20 game winners. Sheets in a contract year, worth the risk. Probably my favorite pitcher to watch when he's on. I think Kenny Rogers can be a useable pitcher this year. You gotta figure around 5-6 runs of support every start, he might win 15 or 16 games with a high 3 e.r.a. and 90 K's. Serviceable definitely. Of course he's 43 years old so expect an injury. I think Kuroda will be pretty good. Nothing spectacular, but I definitely think he will be a nice 5th starter for your team. I would have liked to see you backup Borowski with Betancourt or Kobayashi.

On the offensive side: Power could surprise. Could easily be midpack to top 5. That outfield is something special. Hamilton could be the key to this team. He's got so much talent, he might breakout huge this year, just needs to stay healthy.....which is obviously a question mark.

All in all, I REALLY like this draft. It definitely has some question marks, but that's why you got them where you got them.

Risk/reward team, it's the only way to go IMHO.

You've got some breakout potential in Drew, Hamilton and Iwamura might be a good little player this year. Sheffield has a chance to be HUGE this year.

I'm not big on Barton. I think you should do your best to pay attention to the free agent wire to pickup more pitching, a first baseman, and a closer-in-waiting.

I think with a little tweaking, this could definitely be a force to be reckoned with. Top 5 team most likely, pray for healthy season, and wouldn't surprise me to see you in 1st or 2nd place.

Excellent job.

[ March 16, 2008, 04:59 AM: Message edited by: Crazy Like a Fox ]
"Hit a home run - put your head down, drop the bat, run around the bases, because the name on the front is more - a lot more important than the name on the back."

Ryne Sandberg (my favorite player of all-time)

sranaghan

From 2 hole

Post by sranaghan » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:16 am

Crazy, thanks a lot man...it amazes me how tough it is to get total balance in these nfbc drafts.....I guess that is why the format is so good....I am with you, a lot of it is luck but we were really happy with our outfield and our pitching..closers always seem to be tough and you were dead on with Kobayashi...our goal was to get him in 28 or 29..didnt think someone would take him in 26th round...:-(

Dub

From 2 hole

Post by Dub » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:32 am

Corner issues occurred because you decided to go with OF for your second and third round picks when you could have grabbed a 1st basemen and went with either Mags or Rios, but not both.

But overall I agree with the Crazy one and this team could surprise. top 3 SP's are outstanding and if HanRam repeats then this is a hugh advantage :cool: .
"I don't remmeber what I don't remember.”- Jerry Garcia

Dub

From 2 hole

Post by Dub » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:34 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

quote:Originally posted by billywaz:

Matsui can't get his ass fixed right, that is going to be a huge hole.

Unintentional humor, always the best. :D
[/QUOTE]This is really, really funny- thanks for pointing that out DB!

MichiganFantasyTeam

From 2 hole

Post by MichiganFantasyTeam » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:35 am

Hi,

I am new to this...so don't take my opinion as hard as others , I think you have a very...very balanced team, which is what you need to win the NFBC. On the bad note... I think you took way to big of a gamble on Buck and Jones. They are going to kill your batting average, and I think thats the one thing you could have dominated in.

Good Luck!
Over The Top

Dub

From 2 hole

Post by Dub » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:37 am

Originally posted by sranaghan:

you were dead on with Kobayashi...our goal was to get him in 28 or 29..didnt think someone would take him in 26th round...:-( GLY must have been in your league.

roundmann

From 2 hole

Post by roundmann » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:47 am

Good Luck remembering these guys everyday when looking at the box scores...

Asdrubal

Kuroda

Iwamura

Jones !!!!!

ROUNDMANN

Crazy Like a Fox

From 2 hole

Post by Crazy Like a Fox » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:42 am

Originally posted by roundmann:

Good Luck remembering these guys everyday when looking at the box scores...

Asdrubal

Kuroda

Iwamura

Jones !!!!!

ROUNDMANN 450 player draft.

I wish every player on my teams were going to make a significant impact but it's simply impossible.

If you can name 4 guys you don't like on his 30 man team, I would say that's a good sign.

Thank god for FAAB. What's great about his team is he just has to focus mainly on picking up guys to help his infield and bolster the back end of his rotation and he's got a real shot to win this thing.

I think most people critique a draft as if that's going to be your exact team the whole year. I guarantee my change team will change in the first week.
"Hit a home run - put your head down, drop the bat, run around the bases, because the name on the front is more - a lot more important than the name on the back."

Ryne Sandberg (my favorite player of all-time)