NEW MOCK DRAFT, SUNDAY 7PM EST

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:13 pm

Maybe their system buckled under the pressure of my large ego?

MoonlightGraham

Post by MoonlightGraham » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:14 pm

This f*&%ing site. It canceled the draft so we'll reschedule it. The draft

will be called NFBC SUNDAY REPLACEMENT DRAFT and will start at 8pm. The

password will still be bunt. ("Bunt")

Sorry, I don't know what happened, hopefully you can still participate.

Moonlight

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:23 pm

Originally posted by MoonlightGraham:

This f*&%ing site. It canceled the draft so we'll reschedule it. The draft

will be called NFBC SUNDAY REPLACEMENT DRAFT and will start at 8pm. The

password will still be bunt. ("Bunt")

Sorry, I don't know what happened, hopefully you can still participate.

Moonlight Sorry, I'm out. :(

MoonlightGraham

Post by MoonlightGraham » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:29 pm

Sorry Gekko . . . this site is ridiculous. The draft was full and for the life of me I can't figure out why the site "aborted" the draft.

Update: If we have 9 people signed up by 7:40 the draft is on for 8pm If there are 8 or fewer, it's going to be too arbitrary, so we would cancel the draft.

We need 4 more.

MoonlightGraham

Post by MoonlightGraham » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:54 pm

Draft canceled, not enough people. Die mockdraftcentral, die!!!

Mock Draft Central

Post by Mock Draft Central » Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:47 am

The "NFBC Sunday Night Draft (3 minutes)" did not fill before the defined start time and therefore it is pending reschedule in the system.

Computer players are not automatically added to open slots of a private draft. This is by design, although we are exploring the idea of allowing the draft creator to specify the behavior.

We have taken the liberty of rescheduling this draft for 2/29 with the same start time as previously defined. While we realize some of you will want to celebrate leap day with your families, most of you probably just want to draft. If you'd like to be removed from the draft, please contact us at [email protected] and request removal from draft 1066.

Mock Draft Central

Post by Mock Draft Central » Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:58 am

Four draft slots remain unfilled.

Ace Rothstein

Post by Ace Rothstein » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:41 am

Sign me up. I'm hungry for a mock draft.

Sunday at what time??

Either way I'm in....

baseballweenie

Post by baseballweenie » Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:48 am

As much as I appreciate the free trial by MDC, I must admit to being very confused by the interface.

There are too many links that are similar to each other. I find myself chasing my tail until I end up right back where I started from.

Oh yeah, and Craig Biggio is an outfielder now, not a 2B. :D

MoonlightGraham

Post by MoonlightGraham » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:24 am

MockDraftCentral-

I really appreciate the trial offers, but I agree with BaseballWeenies; the draft was supposed to be viewable to all but password-protected. Instead it was invisible but password-protected and then, when we re-scheduled it (for an hour later, the site seemed to prevent us from just re-setting it for 7:15, which would have actually saved the draft) it was visible to all AND not-password protected. I may be dumber than I realize, but I think you guys may want to revisit your interface design. I love the idea and the style of the site, but the data on positions is often out of date and the interface confounds me. Sorry for the strong language from my previous post, just a frustrated PAYING customer. (I signed up before I knew about the free trial!) Thanks, and I appreciate your attentiveness,

Moonlight

handpuppet

Post by handpuppet » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:00 am

I agree with Moonlight and others that there are a lot of ways to improve the site. I also agree with Moonlight and others that it is a valuable resource. Hopefully this message board can be a sounding board in which people come up with ideas to improve the site.

Here's an idea that in theory shouldn't be too hard to implement: The site could randomly assign draft order to teams (as in a real draft).

Legend7

Post by Legend7 » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:35 am

Handpuppet, I agree that you should have the "option" to make it random selection for order, but some people like to draft from certain positions, the way they have it set up now you have to choose where you want to draft (no option). Multiple mock drafts with differing positions can greatly aid you in forming a draft strategy from up front, middle and to the rear of the draft process.
Build it and they will come...

Mock Draft Central

Post by Mock Draft Central » Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:45 am

We certainly appreciate the feedback. We are working on a number of enhancements, perhaps most importantly we are adding online help to all areas of the site. This will be rolled out over the next week.

Other items that are being developed include more options for creating drafts. A prime example is the visibility of drafts. Currently private drafts are not visible to the public. This was done to prevent users from being frustrated when they clicked on drafts they could not join. We'll be adding additional filtering options to the join a draft page to address this which will allow private and visible to become separate options.

On another note, we recently finished the implementation of coach rank. Each MDC user account will have an associated coach rank value based on participation. Coach rank falls when picks are missed and rises when users participate fully in drafts. The draft creator will allow a commissioner to specify a minimum coach rank for that draft.

And yes, Biggio had 150 games in CF and no games at 2B last year.

Please feel free to make additional recommendations.

Mock Draft Central

Post by Mock Draft Central » Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:47 am

Here's an idea that in theory shouldn't be too hard to implement: The site could randomly assign draft order to teams (as in a real draft). We haven't gone this route because we want owners to be able to practice in whatever slot they want. We may make it an option in the future, however the concern is people will click "pick random draft slot" then email support asking to be moved. Believe me, it happens...

TBill

Post by TBill » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:15 pm

Do I understand this correctly that if the last three spots are not filled this is still considered a private draft and it will be aborted, also?

Mock Draft Central

Post by Mock Draft Central » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:43 am

Originally posted by TBill:

Do I understand this correctly that if the last three spots are not filled this is still considered a private draft and it will be aborted, also? We kept close watch on this draft last night and made sure that did not happen. As an FYI, we're working on giving the draft creator an optional setting to specify if computer players should be allowed to fill open slots in a private draft or if it should be rescheduled.