MOCK DRAFT UPDATE

Legend7

MOCK DRAFT UPDATE

Post by Legend7 » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:34 am

There are 3 mock drafts set-up at mockdraftcentral! ///Sunday Night Feb 29 @ 7:00 PM EST "NFBC Sunday Night Draft (3 minutes)" 4 spots remaining ...password "bunt" ///Monday morning March 1 @10:00 AM EST "Here's a free lesson!!!" 11 spots remaining ///Monday night March 1 @9:00 PM EST "Practice for the real thing" 3 spots remaining ... last two are public drafts no password required ...enjoy! ;)

------------------------------------------------

Build it and they will come.......

[ February 26, 2004, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Legend7 ]
Build it and they will come...

The Regular Guy

MOCK DRAFT UPDATE

Post by The Regular Guy » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:47 am

Hello Legend 7, I did not see the FEB 29 draft. I know you said there was no password, are you sure on that? If not,it likely is full. I'll try and catch the next one. Thanks,

Legend7

MOCK DRAFT UPDATE

Post by Legend7 » Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:33 am

Hey RegularGuy,

Ok, I just checked there is still 4 spots remaining in the Sunday Mock Draft. The title is "NFBC Sunday Night Draft (3 minutes)" This draft was originally set-up for us on the 19th but got messed up somehow... so they reloaded it for this Sunday, the password before was "bunt" but they e-mailed us and said it did not need a password...but I just read it and it does have a password, try it again using bunt. :confused:

------------------------------------------------

Build it and they will come.......

[ February 26, 2004, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: Legend7 ]

Mock Draft Central

MOCK DRAFT UPDATE

Post by Mock Draft Central » Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:53 am

Originally posted by The Regular Guy:

Hello Legend 7, I did not see the FEB 29 draft. I know you said there was no password, are you sure on that? If not,it likely is full. I'll try and catch the next one. Thanks, There are still a few slots available.

The draft is now visible for signup. The password is still bunt.

TBill

MOCK DRAFT UPDATE

Post by TBill » Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:53 pm

The March 1, Practice for Real draft is now filled. I'm curious why the time limit was 8 hr, 20min per pick. The first time there is a glitch everyone will wait far less than 8 hr. before quitting.

Legend7

MOCK DRAFT UPDATE

Post by Legend7 » Sat Feb 28, 2004 2:18 am

Greg,

You are right! That could be disastrous wait time but the person who created the draft has the ability to place anyone in the draft on auto pick. If anyone is not comfotable with that 8hrs 20 min pick time, another draft room for 9:00 pm has been created (with 13 spots remaining) for March 1 (Monday) it is a public draft called "Practice for the real thing" no password required. Time per pick 5 min.....Just a reminder a draft has been set up for Sunday Feb 29th at 7:00 pm. It has a 3 min timer the draft is called "NFBC Sunday Night Draft (3 minutes)" and the password "bunt" 3 spots are left :cool:

All of us have photographic memories, just some don't have any film....

Build it and they will come.....

Mock Draft Central

MOCK DRAFT UPDATE

Post by Mock Draft Central » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:07 am

Originally posted by Legend7:

That could be a disastrous wait time...Given the unusual setting, we suspect this time was erroneously entered. We have modified the interface in the draft creator to help eliminate future confusion.

-The important news is that we have shortened the pick time for this draft to 3 minutes.-

baseballweenie

MOCK DRAFT UPDATE

Post by baseballweenie » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:21 am

Mock Draft Central...

I'm not sure how often you are checking this message board, but I have a recommendation.

Allow the team "owner" the option to remove their entry from the draft, prior to the start. Often times conflicts arise and a person knows that they will no longer be able to participate. But, unless I'm missing something (entirely possible), this is not currently possible.

This would also be helpful if an owner wanted to switch their current draft position (again, prior to the start) to another available open slot.

Karl

Legend7

MOCK DRAFT UPDATE

Post by Legend7 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:32 am

BW,

I 2nd that motion, when I first signed into mock draft central I signed up for a draft on March 19, night before D-Day (Draft Day). I did not even look at the date, I would also like to pull out of that draft but there is no feature that allows it. Hey if they could lock in drafters a couple hours prior to the draft, then you won't have to worry about people constantly pulling out at the last second (the reason they probably do not allow you to leave a draft now).

One other suggestion for mock draft central, if a drafter goes over the time limit, the program should automatically place them in auto-pick status. Reason: My draft (from 11:00) last night ended sometime around 11:00 am this morning...why? because initially the creator of the room did not show up. two other people also did not show up (no creator meant no auto pick status for all three)so we had to endure 3 of the 15 spots selecting every 5min and 6 secs!

Let's say I'm a spot away from selecting a player in a draft, suddenly an emergency props up and you have to leave the house, without the creator of the room the entire draft now has to wait 5 min and 6 secs for a computer selection to be made from that position. If you put a feature in that makes this scenario go to auto-pick after being late for the pick and now I returned from the emergency I can select the disable auto-pick feature and resume drafting. This really would help alot!!!

Another example is, I selected 24 players into the predraft list and then as the draft started got called away from my computer, all goes well for the selections until everyone on list has been selected...again when this happens all drafters must now endure the full time limit, again placing this drafter automatically on auto-pick after missing one round will greatly aid the other drafters and speed up the process.

;) :rolleyes:

Also for Mock Draft Central, when I go to select players for predraft list there should be a small window indicating what draft position selected or that I'm now on the clock. I've come out this part of the program to find out I'm on the clock or that the computer already selected a player for me because I was on the clock already (unaware because when your in this feature you are not aware of what is going on in the draft). ;)

Build it and they come...

[ March 01, 2004, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Legend7 ]

Mock Draft Central

MOCK DRAFT UPDATE

Post by Mock Draft Central » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:43 pm

Originally posted by BaseballWeenies:

Allow the team "owner" the option to remove their entry from the draft, prior to the start. Often times conflicts arise and a person knows that they will no longer be able to participate. But, unless I'm missing something (entirely possible), this is not currently possible.

Thanks for the suggestion. We have recently added this functionality. You can remove your team from a draft up to 24 hours before the signup deadline. A link called Remove Team will appear next to your team. Clicking it will remove you.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Mock Draft Central

MOCK DRAFT UPDATE

Post by Mock Draft Central » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:48 pm

Originally posted by Legend7:

One other suggestion for mock draft central, if a drafter goes over the time limit, the program should automatically place them in auto-pick status. Reason: My draft (from 11:00) last night ended sometime around 11:00 am this morning...why? because initially the creator of the room did not show up. two other people also did not show up (no creator meant no auto pick status for all three)so we had to endure 3 of the 15 spots selecting every 5min and 6 secs! Excellent point. We are in the process of adding more control to draft owners. This will become the default option. Currently, if a draft has Penalty for Missed Picks turned on, owners that miss two consecutive picks are replaced permanently with computer controlled owners. This was great in concept, but in practice it still leads to delays that are a bit too long. So, we are giving more flexibility to the creator of the draft. I should also mention that currently the creator of the draft can click on each team in the draft and place each team on AutoSelect manually.