Kevin Schiller Is Week 21 Online Championship Winner

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:18 am

Congratulations to Kevin Schiller whose team paced the Online Championship last week with 5,514 points.

Albert Pujols (.400-1-4-2), Matt Diaz (.464, 5 RBIs), Derek Jeter (.391, 7 runs) and Johnny Damon (.368, 5 runs) led the way at the plate. Zach Greinke and Sean West combined for four wins and 29 strikeouts while Jonathan Papelbon and Francisco Cordero combined for five saves to lead the pitching staff.

Congratulations again to Kevin and good luck to everyone in the Online Championship this week.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Da bears

Post by Da bears » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:53 am

Great job Kevin. See ya in Vegas this week.
-Bauler Shot Caller

Purple Helmets

Post by Purple Helmets » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:57 am

Originally posted by Da bears:

Great job Kevin. See ya in Vegas this week. Thanks Matt, it's been a lucky season my friend. Hopefully I can keep the mojo going in football. See you in Vegas in 5 days. Wow...Vegas in 5 days...SWEET!

[ August 31, 2009, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: Purple Helmets ]

Sack

Post by Sack » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:34 am

Kevin - Once again, great job my friend. Enjoy Vegas this week, I'm jealous! Best of luck bringing home the NFBC squads and I'm sure you'll get off to a solid start in the NFFC.

Special kudo's to Matt Bauler - great week on your part. I enjoyed watching the battle to the wire this past week.

[ August 31, 2009, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: Sack ]

Purple Helmets

Post by Purple Helmets » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:57 pm

Originally posted by Sack:

Kevin - Once again, great job my friend. Enjoy Vegas this week, I'm jealous! Best of luck bringing home the NFBC squads and I'm sure you'll get off to a solid start in the NFFC.

Special kudo's to Matt Bauler - great week on your part. I enjoyed watching the battle to the wire this past week. Thanks for the kind words Ken...and congrats to you on having what appears to be a stranglehold on 1st place in the entire competition. I was fortunate to win a week...you're going to win the whole enchalada. CONGRATS and well deserved.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:46 am

Losing Johan Santana for the rest of the season was a crushing blow to Kevin Schiller’s team in the Online Championship. The way his team responded to that news at least made the week more bearable.

Much more bearable.

Albert Pujols (.400-1-4-2), Matt Diaz (.464, 5 RBIs), Derek Jeter (.391, 7 runs) and Johnny Damon (.368, 5 runs) led the way at the plate as Schiller’s team topped the Online Championship field last week with 5,514 points.. Zach Greinke and Sean West combined for four wins and 29 strikeouts while Jonathan Papelbon and Francisco Cordero combined for five saves to lead the pitching staff.

“Everything seemed to work for me last week after some bad news early on with Santana being shut down for the year,” Schiller said. “From a hitting standpoint, I had great balance across the board in all categories from many, including Kemp, Ethier, Jeter, Damon, and Pujols. Abreu, Jones, Diaz, and Zobrist also performed well with the exception of batting average, with the last three of those guys being free agent pick-ups for my team during the season. It goes to show you that it takes a good draft and key free agent pickups to be successful over the full season.

From a pitching standpoint, Greinke was an absolute monster but West also proved to be a great free agent pickup for the week as his

matchups garnered me two wins. It was nice for Papelbon and Cordero also to accumulate key saves for me to provide balance in all of the pitching categories.

All in all, I've had a very lucky baseball season. Many of the baseball

diehards have much more knowledge than me but I've been grinding all season long and hope to stay in the chase these final five weeks. I'm more of a football guy so after a down year last year in fantasy

football, the baseball season has been an unexpected surprise.”

The 39-year-old Schiller is single but will be getting engaged in Las Vegas next week. He is the director of sales for the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich