A Well Paced Draft Option

Baseball Furies

Re: A Well Paced Draft Option

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:58 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:Never say never, Mikey.
I haven't known you long, but I find you to be one of the most interesting and caring cats in the NFBC neighborhood.
The NFBC needs guys like you. And I know these Boards do.
There have been several folks who have disagreed with the way things are done by Greg and Tom.
They disagree, not because they think less of them. They disagree because they one hundred per cent care about the NFBC and there is nothing wrong with that.
It gets under their skin, and it frustrates you and the others before you, that they are not changing something in this great organization. Sometimes the passion for a better NFBC turns to anger and frustration on both sides. It may seem like one side or the other has won the argument. It's not that way in the end. The argument and what it is about is forgotten. What remains is all parties wanted what is best for the NFBC.
Those on the sideline eat it up. They post pictures. They have snappy retorts or digs trying to instigate more, so they can read more. For them, it's all about the entertainment.
For you, it's all about the passion.

I've heard stories about you, Mikey.
I heard about how a fella reminded you that he owed you money from a bet and that you responded 'Send it to the Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund'
I've heard about you helping out and giving money to some folks you don't even know.
And, I also have seen your heart turn to mush by a little girl named Mia.

Sometimes our passion gets in the way of our heart. This disagreement means zero in the long run and you'll realize that as time goes by. You simply wanted what you thought was best for 15 drafters now and what was best for the NFBC in other disagreements.
You're a good man, Mikey.
You compared yourself with Walla Walla.
It's not a fair comparison. Walla Walla posted things designed to get a rise out of Greg/Tom and everybody else.
You don't do it for the reaction, you do it because of the passion.
You are a lot like Kent Stermon (Chest Rockwell), a good friend of mine who also speaks his mind and is passionate about what he feels is right. Both with hearts of gold.

I know you'd never run from a fight, Mike. But, this isn't a fight. It's just a spat with the wife about your child's future.
In the end, the right thing is done.
So, never say never, Mikey. You love it here and we love having you.
The jabs, pictures, and digs from others, those posters wouldn't take the time to do it if they didn't share a deep respect for you and your passion.
As for Greg and Tom, they want what you want, a better NFBC.
The philosophy on how that happens is the only separation.
Keep on disagreeing.
Show us the passion.
But, never say never.
Just wanted to say, thanks, Dough. I needed that. ;) After all of Greg's begging, how could I say no to him, anyway? :lol: Back with a vengeance on the boards as of today. Looking forward to the drafts starting next week. I may have something I would like to add to your Fantasy Camp thread later, which I have to tell you, had me laughing out loud the other night...and that was before I even logged in to see what you had written. :lol: I will also be premiering what I hope to be a regular thread that I have been considering doing for a while now entitled "Mouth Musings". It'll be a stream of consciousness rant on just about everything with fantasy baseball mixed in, kind of in the vein of what I did back in the day on college radio before they pulled the plug on me...but more on that later. With all the snow out here tonight and tomorrow, I figured it's as good a time as ever. Stay tuned. 8-)
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:29 pm

Uh-oh, Doughy pulled the cord.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:24 pm

KJ Duke wrote:Image

Uh-oh, Doughy pulled the cord.

May God have mercy on our fantasy souls :lol:
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Money

Post by Money » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:59 am

Dan, I know we start next Saturday. What time?
Joe

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:14 pm

Money wrote:Dan, I know we start next Saturday. What time?
2 pm, your time
On my tombstone-

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:20 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
2 pm, your time

Which would be 5:00 p.m. EST for us who do not know where Joe is located? Correct?
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:21 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:
DOUGHBOYS wrote:
2 pm, your time

Which would be 5:00 p.m. EST for us who do not know where Joe is located? Correct?
Correct. 5 pm, est
Take care of the weekend stuff early and get ready to draft!
On my tombstone-

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:07 pm

Which would be 5:00 p.m. EST for us who do not know where Joe is located? Correct?[/quote]

Correct. 5 pm, est
Take care of the weekend stuff early and get ready to draft![/quote]

Excuse me, but the "weekend stuff" is this draft! :mrgreen: 8-) I have set a goal of a minimum of eight rounds per day which is completely doable for this group and this format. Some of us in the league have even done drafts this season a little faster than that. Looking forward to it boys. :D

Money

Post by Money » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:17 pm

Ok boys, I have a slight conflict. I will be attending (for the first time) Shandlers first pitch forum. It goes from 12-3, I'll gladly make my first and second round picks (from the 9 spot) via my phone. The third round will have to wait until I get home. It shouldn't be to long.

Did the Mouth move this league up? When I signed on it was a 2/18 start date. Greg, did we have a 15 team consensus to move this thing or was it 14 as I did not authorize!!

Just screwing with you guys, see you next weekend. :D
Joe

Rog

Post by Rog » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:03 pm

ok guys we just got back and they have all ready emailed and called us with the results.

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Martin,
Great news! No tumor, no recurrence. Everything looks perfect! Below is directly from the report. Tell Mia Happy Valentine's Day from me.

Satisfactory postoperative appearance of the posterior fossa in this patient who has had resection of a pilocytic astrocytoma. Negative for recurrent or persistent tumor.

Stacie Stapleton, M.D.
Director of Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Program
Division of Hematology/Oncology
All Children's Hospital
601 5th Street South, 3rd Floor
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Tel: 727-767-4176
Fax: 727-767-4379
E-mail: [email protected]

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:19 pm

Rog wrote:ok guys we just got back and they have all ready emailed and called us with the results.

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Martin,
Great news! No tumor, no recurrence. Everything looks perfect! Below is directly from the report. Tell Mia Happy Valentine's Day from me.

Satisfactory postoperative appearance of the posterior fossa in this patient who has had resection of a pilocytic astrocytoma. Negative for recurrent or persistent tumor.

Stacie Stapleton, M.D.
Director of Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Program
Division of Hematology/Oncology
All Children's Hospital
601 5th Street South, 3rd Floor
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Tel: 727-767-4176
Fax: 727-767-4379
E-mail: [email protected]

That is really swell, Roger!
Best news I've heard all day!
And this has been a great day!
Way to go, Mia!
And Happy Valentines Day, sweetheart!
On my tombstone-

Dickie V

Post by Dickie V » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:27 pm

What a relief. I'm very happy for Mia and your entire family Mr. Martin.

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:56 pm

What a great Valentines Day! Many congratulations to you and your family, especially the NFBC's adopted daughter, MIA! :D
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:09 pm

great news rog!

mbendar16

Post by mbendar16 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:29 pm

Roger, this is the great news we were all hoping to hear. I am so happy for Mia, you and your wife. What a great Valentine's Day for your family.

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:37 pm

Awesome news for you Roger, your Daughter and your entire Family!!!!!!!!!!

sandckaye

Post by sandckaye » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:53 pm

Rog...Everyone else has said how great the news is for Mia...I justwant to add my name to the GREAT news. I have always believed in the power of prayer...Mia had that working for her.

Stan

smokin_gun

Post by smokin_gun » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:55 pm

Rog great news on a very special day that has been made much better now. Give that beautiful little girl a hug from me and my son.
Don

Money

Post by Money » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:42 pm

:D BOOM!!!

This is the only thread/post that is guaranteed to bring a smile to everyone's face!! :D

The power of love, prayer and good wishes is alive and well!!

Miss Mia, We'll be shopping very soon. ;)
Joe

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:06 am

Congratulations Roger, I'm very happy for you, Mia, and your entire family.

uky

Post by uky » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:38 am

Great news Roger. Willpower and prayer will overcome. Hang in there, give everyone my best.
Bill Cleavenger
Big Blue Nation..We don't rebuild, we reload

Joe Sambito

Post by Joe Sambito » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:09 am

Fantastic News!
"Everyone is born right-handed, only the greatest overcome it."

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:27 pm

I was out yesterday and just saw this post but............ GREAT news for Mia and Roger I am sure you and your wife had the best St. Valentine's day present possible

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:44 pm

That is awesome news.... When you have the prayers of an entire high stakes fantasy community, God must be saying "if these guys are praying for this girl, she must be worthy.." :D

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:02 pm

So glad to hear this news about Mia.

I'm surprised that "God" had the time to help since Ray Lewis seems to have a monopoly on "His" time.

I would like to say THANK YOU to the doctors, nurses, and other medical staff that were so important to her making this full recovery.

Great job, Strong work !

Way to go Mia, looking good kid :D
Always be closing.