Re: A Well Paced Draft Option

Post by Rog » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:36 pm

she is waiting and ready.
and the first pick goes to ?
scroll down slowly
Attachments
20130129_201050_resized.jpg
20130129_201050_resized.jpg (205.11 KiB) Viewed 6081 times
Last edited by Rog on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rog

Post by Rog » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:40 pm

sorry guys first time trying to upload pick, I will need one of them professionals to help me next time

Rog

Post by Rog » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:42 pm

Gekko wrote:guys, as u know i love the well paced option. i wish i could help out here, but i don't like the pay 3 spots the same amount. dealbreaker for me
you know you want to, you get three shots at not screwing up and still getting a good return on investment

King Ken

Post by King Ken » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:56 pm

If we made it a $150 league it would indeed pay different amounts for top 3 spots as Gekko (and myself for that matter) prefer. Not a dealbreaker for me obviously or I wouldn't have signed up, but..............are we dead set on this being a $375 league..... or could we make it $150?
Ken

King Ken

Post by King Ken » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:03 pm

So cute Rog! I know you are a very proud papa. Can't wait for her to pull my preferred spot out of that hat. Are we going to be able to dial in or something when she pulls the names?

Rog

Post by Rog » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:33 pm

I am still working on that. 2 or 3 people no problem, 14 is taking a little bit of work but I should be able to pull it off.

Rog

Post by Rog » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:51 pm

[quote="Fat Elvis"]So cute Rog! I know you are a very proud papa.
thank you and yes very proud

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:19 am

Love seeing this little doll's smiling face. :D Hopefully Rog could just do a video of the picks and upload it to YouTube and send us all the link to watch. That would probably work best, although I'm down for a live event, too. Anyway, Dough, I would really try to fill this up with a couple more hand-picked players rather than throwing it out to the boards. Any luck with any of the guys I mentioned? As I said, reach out to me personally with a status report and let me know what I can do.

And just some inside info on Vegas...There's going to be some seriously nice additions and perks that are in the works thanks to Greg connecting and working with a top NFBC competitor who's in the fantasy sports industry himself who really stepped to the plate with some great stuff and ideas to make the first week's events, particularly the Diamond's, something special. That's all I say for now, but stay tuned. 8-)
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:15 am

Alright, we have room for one more, plus we need an alternate as one of the drafters may not be able to make it.
Next one to respond is in.
Next one, the alternate.

This is a well paced league with an eight hour clock.
$375 fast slow draft
Beginning the Monday after Valentines Day weekend.
So we can kiss up to our women before starting the task at hand.
No KDS, places will be drawn by Roger Martin's daughter who kicked brain surgery in the ass....twice!

1. Joe Berg
2. Stan Kaye
3. Don Dismuke
4. Dan Kenyon
5. Roger Martin
6. Steve Jupinka
7. Bill Cleavenger
8. Ken Little
9. Sam Botnick
10. Mike Massotto
11. Mark Bendar
12. Rich VanFleet
13. Mike Edelman
14. Ante Meich
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:13 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:Alright, we have room for one more, plus we need an alternate as one of the drafters may not be able to make it.
Next one to respond is in.
Next one, the alternate.

This is a well paced league with an eight hour clock.
$375 fast slow draft
Beginning the Monday after Valentines Day weekend.
So we can kiss up to our women before starting the task at hand.
No KDS, places will be drawn by Roger Martin's daughter who kicked brain surgery in the ass....twice!

1. Joe Berg
2. Stan Kaye
3. Don Dismuke
4. Dan Kenyon
5. Roger Martin
6. Steve Jupinka
7. Bill Cleavenger
8. Ken Little
9. Sam Botnick
10. Mike Massotto
11. Mark Bendar
12. Rich VanFleet
13. Mike Edelman
14. Ante Meich
Add me in... Alan Greenberg

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:41 pm

You're in, Alan.
Thank you very much and looking forward to it...

We also have one player who may want replaced.
And another who would like to be replaced if somebody really wants to be in this draft.
Let me know, guys.
On my tombstone-

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:23 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:You're in, Alan.

And another who would like to be replaced if somebody really wants to be in this draft.
Let me know, guys.
Geez, what's with you people?! This draft is going to be amazing. You're missing out if you are in and may want out, or haven't stepped yet to grab a spot. Drafts like this don't come around that often. The competitors in this one will help make it special...well maybe not all the competitors. :mrgreen:
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:45 am

Didn't plan on any more lges this pre-season, but I'll do this one.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:01 am

KJ Duke wrote:Didn't plan on any more lges this pre-season, but I'll do this one.
Awesome, bro'! Great to have you on board with us. 8-) :D

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:06 am

Good deal, Kevin.
You are in.
This will be a good one!
On my tombstone-

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:15 am

Ok, it looks like we have 15!
I'll submit these drafters to Greg and he'll do all the work on his end, so do not register for this draft.
Roger will try to set it up so that Mia picks names out of a hat via our computers.
I'm hoping that'll be on the 9th or 10th of February giving us more than a week for our draft positions to be known.
Good luck everybody!

1. Joe Berg
2. Stan Kaye
3. Don Dismuke
4. Dan Kenyon
5. Roger Martin
6. Steve Jupinka
7.KJ Duke
8. Ken Little
9. Sam Botnick
10. Mike Massotto
11. Mark Bendar
12. Rich VanFleet
13. Mike Edelman
14. Ante Meich
15. Alan Greenberg
On my tombstone-

uky

Post by uky » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:24 am

Baseball Furies wrote:

Let me know, guys.
Geez, what's with you people?! This draft is going to be amazing. You're missing out if you are in and may want out, or haven't stepped yet to grab a spot. Drafts like this don't come around that often. The competitors in this one will help make it special...well maybe not all the competitors. :mrgreen:
Totally agree Mike. Unfortunately, I'm one that has to bow out. I have an extremely flexible work schedule, which I'm sure you realized in the last fast draft, as I hardly ever left the draft room. However, I sell equipment to the mining industry and when it is delivered I'm usually in the field for a week or two. That being said, it looks like I will have some equipment moving in the week of the draft. As I told Dan, I'd rather go ahead and let him find a replacement now than me have to bow out at the last minute. Not to mention, I didn't want to be the "bowler" during this amazing draft with outstanding owners. Good luck and maybe next time.
Bill Cleavenger
Big Blue Nation..We don't rebuild, we reload

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:56 am

Yep, sometimes life happens.
In effect, Bill is 'taking one for the team'. I know there is nothing he'd like more than to be there drafting with us.
Thanks Bill, always a pleasure.
On my tombstone-

Rog

Post by Rog » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:58 am

What a great group of guys , you guys set the date and time and we will be ready

Rog

Post by Rog » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:10 am

BILL it wont be the same without you but sometimes that thing called life gets in the way.completely understand .

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:08 pm

What a great group! Although I have only met a few of you in New York through the years, I feel like I know almost all of you. And Rog, when I first heard your daughter's story, I was praying, with my boys, for a miracle recovery (I am very much a spiritual guy). My youngest son Joshua, is your daughter's age. I cannot even imagine what you have been through and to see her smiling facing at the top of this page, brings a huge smile to my face and definitely a few tears. I am currently at my office in Monroe, CT, which is about 5 minutes from Sandy Hook Elementary School. I know a lot of people from that school, including some of the victims families. Its been such a tough few months for our community. Many tears have fallen and faith has been tested. But, let me say that your daughter's story has uplifted my spirit and made me feel like there are still miracles. (and a smiling litttle girl, on the other side.)

Rog

Post by Rog » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:32 pm

Well it looks like I will need 2 or 3 of you to view this on skype . I will record it and post a link for the rest to view. So who has skype ? I also believe that google has a similar set up.
Alan I thank you for the kind words and with everything my family has gone through I still cant even try to imagine what the families in Conn. are going through.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:05 am

uky wrote:
Baseball Furies wrote:

Let me know, guys.
Totally agree Mike. Unfortunately, I'm one that has to bow out. I have an extremely flexible work schedule, which I'm sure you realized in the last fast draft, as I hardly ever left the draft room. However, I sell equipment to the mining industry and when it is delivered I'm usually in the field for a week or two. That being said, it looks like I will have some equipment moving in the week of the draft. As I told Dan, I'd rather go ahead and let him find a replacement now than me have to bow out at the last minute. Not to mention, I didn't want to be the "bowler" during this amazing draft with outstanding owners. Good luck and maybe next time.
Got it, Bill. You will be missed. I take solace in the fact that at least Gekko wasn't the one who took your place. :mrgreen: Both too rich and too tough of a level of competition for his blood. :P :lol:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:08 am

Rog wrote:Well it looks like I will need 2 or 3 of you to view this on skype . I will record it and post a link for the rest to view. So who has skype ? I also believe that google has a similar set up.
Alan I thank you for the kind words and with everything my family has gone through I still cant even try to imagine what the families in Conn. are going through.
Hey Rog,
Just let us know when you do it, and post the video to YouTube when you're done with a link emailed to all of us. That should be the easiest way for most of us to take in Mia doing the honors. :D

Rog

Post by Rog » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:52 am

Hey Rog,
Just let us know when you do it, and post the video to YouTube when you're done with a link emailed to all of us. That should be the easiest way for most of us to take in Mia doing the honors. :D

I have no problem with that ,I just wanted some one else to witness my name coming out of that hat first :o
We have 15 so when do you all want your spots?