Calling all CHICAGO area guys!!!

seefer

Post by seefer » Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:44 am

Hey guys, our location here in Chicago is really lagging in terms of # of entrants. So far Sin City and the Big Apple are dominating us in total # of signees!

Why is this? Heck, we're 90% a Cubs town, the world famous Milwaukee Breweres are a nine iron away. And we even have those detested Cardinals only a Par 5 away! Not to mention all those deep pockets we have in Iowa, Indiana, and western Michigan.

So I am calling you guys out! Let's make a final strong push here in the last week! Get "on" your butt in front of the CPU and sign up for the Saturday, March 20th draft! If you are from further away and still want to do the Chicago draft, don't fret. The Donald Steven's Convention Center (formerly known as the Rosemont Convention Center which was formerly known as the artist Prince ;) ) is a short cab ride from O'Hare airport! Seriously, get in the game! Where else can you go to have a 1 in 215ish chance of winning $100,000 dollars.

That's alot of money! Almost as much as Gekko makes in 1/2 a business day. ;) :D :D

[ March 11, 2004, 12:25 AM: Message edited by: seefer ]

chi town here we come

Post by chi town here we come » Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:57 am

do we have two lgs in chicago yet......

Jon_Ashton

Post by Jon_Ashton » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:17 am

I'd guess we're between 2 and 3.

seefer

Post by seefer » Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:22 pm

And your spelling is typical of a south side Sox fan. :eek: Just plain brutal. :mad:

[ March 11, 2004, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: seefer ]

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:47 am

That was almost unreadable.

rotatorcff

Post by rotatorcff » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:14 pm

Well, at least Cubs fans for the most part have some command of the English language. The part I love is this clown rips Cubs fans for their lack of baseball knowledge while spelling Prior's name incorrectly in the very same sentence. Nice work Zippy. I think we have found number 2 of 50. Please be in my league.

Hoosier Hick

Post by Hoosier Hick » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:55 am

Gotta believe we can get 3 leagues in Chiago. Oh and I'm with you Rotatorcff, I hope Hitmen are in my league. I think bitterness between Sox and Cub fans, and Mets and Yankees fans, is so strong that it will affect their drafting at least a little. Guys like SS Hitmen prove that the overall winner will be from Chicago or New York, because we are bound to have a few hitmen(DM) in every chicago and New York leagues. Their hatred for their rivals will definately affect the way they draft. COME ON CHICAGO!! Let's at least fill 3 leagues!! I don't want Chicago to be off the list of draft cities in the future! :D :D
"People ask me what I do in the winter. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:50 am

I’m geeked about Chicago as well. All it takes is 3-4 easy marks in a league and you by far have the inside track of winning it all if you win the league. Luck with play its obvious role in this thing, but at the end of the day the league that has the most tools in it will produce the overall champ.

rotatorcff

Post by rotatorcff » Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:56 am

Well, I see our mouth breathing White Sox fan is back. :D

Congratulations, if you wanted to stir things up, nothing irritates a Cubs fan more than telling him he knows nothing about baseball. That mantra from Sox fans (all 10 of them) got old a while ago.

As to the "cff", it was borne of necessity. Back in my AOL days, you were limited to 10 characters in your screen name. Rotator Cuff is of course 11 not counting the space. The "u" seemed as logical a letter as any to drop, so there you have it. Now, I could probably use the whole thing, but I'm nowhere near clever enough to remember a new name, so "rotatorcff" stands.

Good call on Gacy:

A Birthday clown who does construction

Gacy leave those kids alone.

Hey!! Gacy!! Leave those kids alone.

All in all it's just a 'nother kid in the crawl.

As for Zippy, good catch on the monkey, but you could also use Zippy the Pinhead if you'd like. Funny story: I went to HS with this guy, who shall remain nameless, who scored a 10 on the ACT exam ... 1 point less than Zippy the trained chimp. Needless to say, this guy's nickname was Zippy for the rest of his HS days. :D

See you next week. ;)

Hoosier Hick

Post by Hoosier Hick » Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:55 am

So am I correct in assuming we have only 2 leagues in Chicago? I can't believe we are only gonna have 30 people in the convention center. Are they gonna make us draft in the bathroom? We will have enough room to split up and PLAY a baseball game in our draft room. C-ya all in Chi town.
"People ask me what I do in the winter. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby

CREATiVESPORTS Dave

Post by CREATiVESPORTS Dave » Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:13 am

Hi guys.

I'll be flying out to Chicago from Woonsocket, RI. I have Pick #4 in CHI League #2.

Looking forward to seeing everybody out there!
http://CREATiVESPORTS.com
All you need to win