Less Than 10 Guaranteed Spots Left For NFBC Online Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:15 am

The debut NFBC Online Championship League is headed towards a sellout as we already have more than 180 teams entered through mid-February. That leaves us with less than 120 guaranteed spots left for the eight draft dates. With eight different draft dates and 15 different offerings, we'll likely go a little above 300 teams to make each league fit perfectly with 12-team leagues, but don't delay if you want to get a spot in this online championship, which will pay $20,000 to the overall champion.

I'll update this list as signups keep coming in, but for the entire list of leagues and teams go to the NFFC General Discussion Forum and it's the second link from the top. Thanks all.

And remember, we'll give a $5,000 bonus to the team with the most combined rank points between the main event and the online championship and a 2009 car (to be announced soon) to any team that can win the overall title in both events. Oh, and if you buy three Online Championship teams there is a $100 discount; so buy three teams for $950 instead of $1,050. Your main event team will be added separately to each of your Online Championship teams in the Combined Standings.

Thanks and good luck all.

[ March 02, 2009, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:56 am

Don't you mean 420 spots left? This thing is going to snowball in March. You will need to bring Chris and Jill back to support the demand!

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:31 am

how many teams do u have shawn, 1?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:30 am

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:

Don't you mean 420 spots left? This thing is going to snowball in March. You will need to bring Chris and Jill back to support the demand! I told you we're not going that high!!! I need to sleep in March. I agree that if you look at this list we have a LOT of new members and even fewer NFBC members. I think a lot of our guys are preparing for the 15-team format, but the itch to do another national championship will need to be scratched. Either way, I think we'll top 300. If we get an even number for the live event and the online championship, that would be awesome.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:18 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:

how many teams do u have shawn, 1? I'm in for one right now, but I know I'm doing a second. I'll probably do a draft for my brother and help him. His team would be under my name of course! I just don't want Greg to shut me out when he has 300 entries.

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:22 am

Really? - if you get more entries, why would you limit this? If you get 400 up the payouts....IF you get 480 up them some more.

I can't be the only one who believes you haven't even scratched the surface of the number of entries you should have for this event..........there are Thousands of fantasy players out there who don't know anything about the Online Championship...........and spend a lot more than that for their local leagues.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:55 pm

Originally posted by Captain Hook:

Really? - if you get more entries, why would you limit this? If you get 400 up the payouts....IF you get 480 up them some more.

I can't be the only one who believes you haven't even scratched the surface of the number of entries you should have for this event..........there are Thousands of fantasy players out there who don't know anything about the Online Championship...........and spend a lot more than that for their local leagues. We have over 195 teams now for the debut Online Championship and many of them are new customers. It's been well received so far and I think we haven't scratched the surface of the NFBC veterans who will eventually get in. It's exciting on both fronts and from our perspective we want to make sure we have enough administrators to handle all of these drafts and the satellite leagues we have at the same time during these eight busy days. We won't oversell if we don't have enough people available to personally administer each of the leagues.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:36 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

We won't oversell if we don't have enough people available to personally administer each of the leagues. Good to know, Greg. Thanks for this.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:43 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:

quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

We won't oversell if we don't have enough people available to personally administer each of the leagues. Good to know, Greg. Thanks for this. [/QUOTE]Welcome back Glenn. How was the love boat cruise? :D

Just a heads up that we officially have 200 teams on the signup list and several more just awaiting cc info. We now have less than 100 guaranteed spots left for the Online Championship. We will go above 300 teams if it helps us close up each of the 15 draft dates (2 per day over 8 days), but we won't go too crazy with these. Check out the list to see how many spots are available each day if that helps.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:38 am

Greg - between MDC and NFBC is there really a problem getting three or four people to monitor the drafts for some of those draft dates/times? Assuming you got the entries of course...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:25 pm

Originally posted by Captain Hook:

Greg - between MDC and NFBC is there really a problem getting three or four people to monitor the drafts for some of those draft dates/times? Assuming you got the entries of course... We have a full slate of NFBC Satellite Leagues scheduled for that week as well, so we need to be smart. I'm not saying that we can't find qualified folks to do this, but we're just not going to crazy with this on full nights. I only wish folks could watch us five minutes before each of these satellite league drafts because there are always 3-4 people missing. We spend a lot of frantic moments trying to locate those owners and getting them into the draft room on time. Now with the online championship affecting the overall prize, we need to be smart and do everything we can to make sure folks are in the draft room on time, while still making sure the satellite leagues also get the same attention.

I think you'll appreciate the attention to detail we are giving these online drafts and will agree with us once you see how these play out.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:27 pm

Okay, I think we have 207 teams right now for the Online Championship. We're definitely going to reach our goal of 300 teams and then some. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:47 am

We have more than 210 teams for the NFBC Online Championship now. Looking good. ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:27 am

Thanks for all the signups yesterday. We're headed towards 300 teams now...and then some.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:06 am

We have more than 225 teams now for the debut NFBC Online Championship. I'm loving it. :D
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:19 am

These are going fast. Wow, what a good day for the Online Championship.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:41 pm

Last year's NFBC champ, Robert Jurney of Dunkirk, Maryland, has jumped into these waters with a three-pack. He must plan on winning the main event again and wants the bonus for winning both overall titles!! :D Welcome back CHAMP and best of luck in this debut event.

Okay, 235+ teams are now in the NFBC Online Championship. Who wants to secure one of the first 300 spots? What a day.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:49 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Last year's NFBC champ, Robert Jurney of Dunkirk, Maryland, has jumped into these waters with a three-pack. He must plan on winning the main event again and wants the bonus for winning both overall titles!! :D Welcome back CHAMP and best of luck in this debut event.

Okay, 235+ teams are now in the NFBC Online Championship. Who wants to secure one of the first 300 spots? What a day. Geez Jurney all the possible dates and you had to go make bubbles in my pool ??

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Originally posted by Quahogs:

quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Okay, 235+ teams are now in the NFBC Online Championship. Who wants to secure one of the first 300 spots? What a day. Geez Jurney all the possible dates and you had to go make bubbles in my pool ??
[/QUOTE]Make bubbles in my pool!! There should be a photo with a great line like that. :D

We've had all kinds of signups for this event in the last day and now have over 240 teams overall. I think we'll come close to matching the total number of teams in the main event, which will make the Combined Standings a lot of fun. I was thinking of weighting the scoring if one event was bigger than the other, but now I think both will be very close. Should be fun to watch the Combined Standings and especially to see if anyone can dominate both contests. Good luck all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:58 am

We just went through all of the signups today and updated the list and we now have 255 teams for the debut NFBC Online Championship. I'll admit, I never expected us to be this high at this point in the off-season. Make sure you grab your spot soon if you plan on getting in this online event, just in case the leagues fill up too quickly. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Top Dawg

Post by Top Dawg » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:42 pm

Greg - I went through the entire registration process only to get a red warning that "user name is already taken, choose another". I don't want to choose another user name. I want all my teams on the same link.

Please sign me up for the Saturday, 3/25 at 5:00PM when you have a chance. Thanks.

Pete L.
OK - So I'm not as good as I thought I was; but at least I am consistent.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:14 pm

Originally posted by Top Dawg:

Greg - I went through the entire registration process only to get a red warning that "user name is already taken, choose another". I don't want to choose another user name. I want all my teams on the same link.

Please sign me up for the Saturday, 3/25 at 5:00PM when you have a chance. Thanks.

Pete L. Log-in first, then go thru registration.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:57 pm

Originally posted by Top Dawg:

Pete L. I can do this if you haven't yet. Sorry, I just got back from an outing with the kids. But if this happens to anyone else, it's because you clicked on the REGISTER link and you're already a member. So when you log in the computer says someone already has that username.

Just go to your MY TEAMS page and click on the Sign Up Now Open For 2009 NFBC link. Then the computer knows it's you, it fills in your username and password and the rest is easy.

Welcome aboard Pete. These 12-team drafts should be fun.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Bobby J

Post by Bobby J » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:31 pm

Q - I was definitely scanning the signups to stay away from the likes of you and Childs, since we just did 3 drafts together. Unfortunately, these were the only 3 days I could do them that week. Maybe we'll get lucky or maybe unlucky and draft side by side, so we can continuously steal each others players

[ February 27, 2009, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: Bobby J ]
Some Assembly Required

Top Dawg

Post by Top Dawg » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:35 pm

Greg - My bad. I got the day I wanted right, Saturday, but said 3/25. That Saturday is actually 3/28. I see you listed me on Sunday 3/29. Please make the switch to Saturday. I will be away on Sunday. 5:00 is correct though. Thanks - Pete
OK - So I'm not as good as I thought I was; but at least I am consistent.