Artie Rastelli Is Week 8 Online Championship Winner

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:58 am

Congratulations to Artie Rastelli, whose team led the way in the Online Championship last week with 4,858.5 points.

A big week from Mark Teixeira (.357-3-10) led the way offensively. Ben Francisco (.478-1-6-2), Prince Fielder (.300-2-6) and Marlon Byrd (.400-2-5) also had good weeks at the plate. Yovani Gallardo and Matt Garza combined for one win and 28 strikeouts while Francisco Rodriguez had two saves to lead the pitching staff.

Congratulations again to Artie and good luck to everyone in the Online Championship this week.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:06 am

The key to Artie Rastelli’s early season success in the Online Championship has been simple. Pitching, pitching and more pitching.

In Week 8, his pitching helped him have his best week of the season.

Yovani Gallardo and Matt Garza combined for one win and 28 strikeouts while Francisco Rodriguez had two saves to lead the pitching staff to help Rastelli’s team lead the way in the Online Championship last week with 4,858.5 points. A big week from Mark Teixeira (.357-3-10) led the way offensively. Ben Francisco (.478-1-6-2), Prince Fielder (.300-2-6) and Marlon Byrd (.400-2-5) also had good weeks at the plate..

“I have a great pitching staff in this league,” said Rastelli, who was also the first National Fantasy Baseball Championship winner. “”My offense is a little behind but started to pick up last week with Teixeira, Fielder, Rollins and Justin Upton leading the way. I lost Rickie Weeks which hurt but hopefully I can fill the void with either Andrus or Barmes.”

Rastelli said he did not have a specific strategy entering the Online Championship. Instead, he opted for a much simpler approach.

“I just took guys who I like and thought may have nice year,” he said. “I always start with several hiters first, then take a couple of solid starters and try for two closers. I was lucky K-Rod lasted a long time in my draft.”

The 33-year-old Rastelli is single and is spending this week vacationing in Florida. He lives in Hoboken, N.J. and works in Manhattan doing environmental consulting.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich