Matthew Bauler Is Week 12 Online Championship Winner

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:10 am

Congratulations to Matthew Bauler, whose team led the way in the Online Championship last week with 4,893.5 points.

Big weeks from Aaron Hill (.346-4-8), Jermaine Dye (.500-3-6), Albert Pujols (.318-2-6) and B.J. Upton (.348-1-5-2) led the way offensively. Francisco Liriano and Tim Lincecum combined for three wins and 24 strikeouts while Joe Nathan and David Aardsma combined for five saves to lead the pitching staff.

Congratulations again to Matt and good luck to everyone in the Online Championship this week.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Raskol

Post by Raskol » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:50 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

Congratulations to Matthew Bauler, whose team led the way in the Online Championship last week with 4,893.5 points.

Big weeks from Aaron Hill (.346-4-8), Jermaine Dye (.500-3-6), Albert Pujols (.318-2-6) and B.J. Upton (.348-1-5-2) led the way offensively. Francisco Liriano and Tim Lincecum combined for three wins and 24 strikeouts while Joe Nathan and David Aardsma combined for five saves to lead the pitching staff.

Congratulations again to Matt and good luck to everyone in the Online Championship this week. Nice work, Matt!
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.--Hunter S. Thompson

Bob Enzyte

Post by Bob Enzyte » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:27 am

Way to go, Matt. Keep it going.

Sack

Post by Sack » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:25 am

Matt:

Nice job my friend, keep those teams on a roll. To think, you did this with out the help of our pal Anibal Sanchez! Even more impressive! ;)

Ken

[ June 29, 2009, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Sack ]

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:06 pm

Great Job Matt!

Looks like you are now a lifer in football AND baseball!!! :D

~Lance

[ June 29, 2009, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:00 pm

Props Matt!!!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:07 am

This hasn’t been the easiet of years for Matt Bauler. The passing of his mother and his father’s triple bypass surgery in March have placed fantasy baseball, understandably, well in the background.

Last week, his Online Championship team provided a positive sign in what has been a difficult year. Bauler’s team team led the way in the Online Championship last week with 4,893.5 points.

“This NFBC season has been a tough one for me personally,” Bauler said. “My father is doing very good now and is in pretty good health. Unfortunately my mother passed away from a stroke at the end of April and it has been a tough time for me to say the least; managing my NFBC teams was the last thing on my mind for a few weeks. My mother was a great lady and you never know how much you love someone until they are gone from your life forever.

“I’m proud to have finished first overall this week against such great competition. It was nice to see my pitching finally put up a good week. Besides Lincecum my pitching staff up to this point has been inconsistent at best. Liriano has been a major disappointment so far this season and getting two wins from him was a surprise to say the least. Nathan has been solid all season and Aardsma has been pretty decent as a second closer recently.”

“Offense hasn’t been much of a problem this season for my team thanks in large part to The Machine Pujols. I’m ranked in the Top 15 or so overall in the competition in Home Runs and RBIs. Besides Pujols, Jermaine Dye, Nelson Cruz, Adam Jones, Aaron Hill, and BJ Upton (at least recently) have all chipped in nicely.”

Bauler had the No. 1 pick in his Online Championship league and targeted Pujols without a second thought.

“I then wanted a speed guy so I took Upton with my second pick and then the stud pitcher Lincecum with my third pick,” he said. “This was the last draft of the season for me and I really wanted to have Lincecum on one of my teams so I took him and so far so good with that pick. Overall, my draft was good in terms of offense, but some of my pitching choices weren’t that great in retrospect. Besides taking an erratic Liriano, I also drafted Dice-K who has been a total bust.”

Bauler currently is in the Top 60 of the Online Championship but ranks third in his league.

“Like most NFBC leagues this one is loaded with top competitors like Mark Srebro, Terry Haney, and Michael Bozzi so nothing will come easy the rest of the way,” Bauler said. “This team has the offense to win the overall and my league but I will need to shore up my pitching to have a realistic shot.”

Bauler is a research scientist and works at a small biotech company in Memphis, TN. He’s single and has been playing in the NFBC for the past three years.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Dirt Dogs

Post by Dirt Dogs » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:21 am

Congrats! I didnt even know our league had the weekly winner. Damn, that means you gained some serious ground in the standings. D'Oh!
A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz. ~Humphrey Bogart

Da bears

Post by Da bears » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:31 am

Thanks for the kind words guys. Its good to see a couple of my online teams doing well especially with how average my main event team has been this year.
-Bauler Shot Caller

Da bears

Post by Da bears » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:34 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

Great Job Matt!

Looks like you are now a lifer in football AND baseball!!! :D

~Lance Yeah I'll definitely be playing in both the NFFC and NBC for life or at least until Greg and Tom retire. :D
-Bauler Shot Caller

Da bears

Post by Da bears » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:36 am

Originally posted by Dirt Dogs:

Congrats! I didnt even know our league had the weekly winner. Damn, that means you gained some serious ground in the standings. D'Oh! Thanks. Yeah but you are still kicking our ass in the overall and in our league. Good job so far Mike.
-Bauler Shot Caller

Da bears

Post by Da bears » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:37 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:

Props Matt!!! Thanks Jules! See ya in Vegas for football.
-Bauler Shot Caller

Da bears

Post by Da bears » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:40 am

Originally posted by Sack:

Matt:

Nice job my friend, keep those teams on a roll. To think, you did this with out the help of our pal Anibal Sanchez! Even more impressive! ;)

Ken Thanks Ken. Great job so far this year by your teams. I'll be trying hard to somehow catch your teams in the overall in the online championship.
-Bauler Shot Caller

Purple Helmets

Post by Purple Helmets » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:52 pm

Congrats Matt on an awesome week...proof that nice guys can finish first. Keep up the good work and hopefully I'll see you in Vegas in a couple of months for that football thing.

Timcards

Post by Timcards » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:38 pm

Congrats, Matt. So this makes two weeks in a row the Weekly winner has been from Memphis. Nice job.

If you're like me the thrill of the Weekly win was only surpassed by the news King Willie Herenton is resigning. ;)

Da bears

Post by Da bears » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:24 am

Originally posted by Purple Helmets:

Congrats Matt on an awesome week...proof that nice guys can finish first. Keep up the good work and hopefully I'll see you in Vegas in a couple of months for that football thing. Thanks Kevin. Great job so far by you this season. I'll be in Vegas as always for football.
-Bauler Shot Caller

Da bears

Post by Da bears » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:30 am

Originally posted by Timcards:

Congrats, Matt. So this makes two weeks in a row the Weekly winner has been from Memphis. Nice job.

If you're like me the thrill of the Weekly win was only surpassed by the news King Willie Herenton is resigning. ;) Thanks Tim. Yeah obviously is was good to see King Willie resign.

Great job last week on your win. Yep back to back to winners from Memphis is nice especially since we are the only two guys from Memphis I think that play here. :cool:

Best of luck the rest of the season!
-Bauler Shot Caller