Baseball, TV, and a Top 10

KJ Duke

Re: Baseball, TV, and a Top 10

Post by KJ Duke » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:16 am

ToddZ wrote:I'll go relatively obscure.

in no particular order...

Buffalo Bill (Dabney Coleman) - this was on during my drinking years, so I cannot recall the plot of a single episode other than Buffalo Bill was a dick and still plugged Geena Davis, but I do remember the show cracked me up

Arthur on Larry Sanders (Rip Torn) - my favorite show of all time and it isn't really close. It was more of an ensemble cast but I loved Arthur's character the most, yes even more than "Hey Now" Hank.
Rip was awesome on that show, just short bursts of camera time but never a wasted moment - throw in Schandling, Jeremy Piven and Sarah Silverman - no doubt one of the all-time best comedies. Dabney on BB - I'd forgotten about that show until his appearance on Boardwalk Empire - love watching him do comedy or drama, not sure why he hasnt worked more.

BEF

Post by BEF » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:07 pm

I'll throw in a few I haven't seen yet:

--Illya Kuryakin (David McCallum) in The Man from U.N.C.L.E. Don't know why I always liked him better than Napoleon Solo (Robert Vaughn).

--Dr. Tony Newman (James Darren) in The Time Tunnel. Before there was Quantum Leap, there was The Time Tunnel. And I can't think of any other scientist who could throw a punch like him.

--Speaking of which: Dr. Sam Beckett (Scott Bakula) in Quantum Leap. As an avid theatregoer, I always got a kick out of that character's name and the often existential situations into which he leapt

--William Sanderson (Larry) from Newhart. "Hi, I'm Larry. This is my brother Darryl, and this is my other brother Darryl".

--And my absolutely most vivid childhood TV character was Barnabas Collins (Jonathan Frid) from Dark Shadows. 7 years old and hiding under my pillow and blanket every night so that he couldn't find me if he materialized in my room.
"There is but one game and that game is baseball." – John McGraw

Roy's Outlaws

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:50 am

I'll add a few, the Odd Couple, Burns and Allen, F-Troop, Abbott and Costello, Lost in Space

Ambrose Slade

Post by Ambrose Slade » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:07 pm

Well goooollly Sgt Carter!

As a noob to the site, I must be in the right place after reading this thread.

Enjoy!
Last edited by Ambrose Slade on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Beisbol been bery, bery good to me!" - Chico Escuela

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:29 pm

Today I had an encounter that reminded me of this thread and all this TV talk. A frequent fav of many is Seinfeld and rightfully so, as it was probably the best sit-com ever made. As I was grocery shopping in my local Safeway I headed down the condiment aisle to get some mustard & hot sauce. Already in the aisle was what appeared to be a large woman, not large as in fat, large as in she was the same size as some NFL linebackers. As I passed by her to get my fav hot sauce (Franks, luv that stuff) I noticed that despite the clothing she was wearing, this was no woman. Why? Because 'she' had the largest hands I think I've seen a human being possess :shock:

Seinfeld fans will know exactly which episode this is reminiscent of :lol: needless to say I got my hot sauce and I got the hell out of there :lol:
Attachments
MAN HANDS.jpg
I will crush you!
MAN HANDS.jpg (11.11 KiB) Viewed 2093 times
Always be closing.

crazytown

Post by crazytown » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:55 pm

Here's a few more of my list:

Grissom

David Addison

Columbo(already mentioned but great)