Fantasy Thoughts

DOUGHBOYS

Fantasy Thoughts

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:18 am

Why do I feel that report's of Carl Crawford's return.....are warnings?

You know a season is out of whack when somebody brags about rostering Joe Saunders....

You know it is equally out of whack when an NFBC'er pays 100's of dollars on Omar Infante....for his power...

I don't want the real Mike,er, Giancarlo Stanton, why would I want the 'other Stanton' 10 rounds later?

It's hard for me to take anybody named Giancarlo seriously....Unless I'm watching a Nick Cassavetes 'Notebook' type movie...

Funny in that both of these Giancarlo's are trying to 'go deep'....I'd bet on the movie character to be the first....

I pretend any thread that starts with '$$' is from a telemarketer...

For the folks who spent money on Ryan Sweeney, I know he has a job, but did you know he has two homers ...and two stolen bases.....over the last THREE years?
Sometimes it's better to have a one night stand with a Chris Heisey type, instead of going steady with Sweeney....

There'll be Sweeney drops this week now....the 'S' has been taken from the front of his name...

As Barry Zito was shutting down Mets hitters, Mets broadcasters were showing, in slow motion, why Zito has not been a good pitcher....What does that say about Mets hitters? ....I almost put my 'space bar' in the wrong place, it read 'Met shitters'...I'm surprised a New York paper hasn't already done that in the past....on purpose...

I had Chris Sale and Francisco Liriano together on most draft lists....I was smart/stupid....

If Liriano fell in your draft and you got him in a way later round, did you get 'VALUE' ?.... Point taken?

The Dodgers have Juan Rivera hitting behind Matt Kemp in some games.
If I were Manager, Kemp's box score would look like this- 0-1-0-0....only because Rivera gets lucky or Ethier drives him in later....Instead, Kemps box looks like this- 4-2-2-3.....Stupid Managers!

Watching the Texas Rangers is like watching Mike Tyson fights when he was young....you just know that they're going to unload, and it's fun to watch when it happens....

I sat Matt Capps this week. On the road vs. NYY and TAM, I figured that the Twins wouldn't win much and that if they were winning, Capps would get lit up.......I think too much....stupid thinking....

Some folks listen to their milkman and call others sheep for listening to others....

Folks questioned the wisdom of letting Verlander throw 131 pitches this week, yet when King Felix threw 126 pitches a couple of nights later, not a word was uttered....

Stepen Strasburg looks more like a pitcher than a thrower since TJ....If he combines both by the end of the year, he'll be among the top three pitchers taken next year....

There's been a lot of focus on Yu Darvish and whether he could pitch up to his draft status....Meanwhile, quietly, Matt Moore is not...

Eric Hosmer should be dropped in the batting order.....That coming from a Hosmer owner....

All this supposed influx of talent....And the Marlins are led by Hanley, Bonifacio, and Infante....Players that were there last year....

Did Justin hurt his thumb texting BJ about his injury?

Dusty Baker is platooning Ludwick and Heisey....Both righties....Don't tell Dusty... It's a running joke for the Reds...

When COLBY Lewis pitches, do hitters really think, 'C'mon Man, throw me that cheese'!.......Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week.......
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

headhunters

Re: Fantasy Thoughts

Post by headhunters » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:51 am

mike tyson just knocked rick porcello into the 5th row. he gamely came out for the second round and texas said- oh- haven't had enough yet?

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:53 am

anyone that had arroyo remembers a few years ago- 10 run 1st- so yes it could have been worse.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:42 pm

Matt Kemp is on pace for 97 HRs, 184 runs scored and 238 rbi ... leading the Dodgers to a 130-win season. Thought you'd like to know, Dan.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:46 am

KJ Duke wrote:Matt Kemp is on pace for 97 HRs, 184 runs scored and 238 rbi ... leading the Dodgers to a 130-win season. Thought you'd like to know, Dan.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

A couple of Closer 'On pace' items-

If the Closer injury carousel continues, each team will have lost all closers, and most set up pitchers that were going to close for the closers. Strike early and faab those seventh inning guys :D

Matt Capps is 'on pace' for 50 saves without walking a hitter...

Being serious for a minute...
When is Matt Kemp going to get respect?
Managers will walk Votto, Pujols, and Cabrera even with really good hitters behind them...
Walking Kemp doesn't seem to be a thought yet.

Of the Kemp and Closer 'on paces'
I'd bet on Kemp to come closest :D
On my tombstone-

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:36 am

Just another thought-

How easy are these 'extended spring training games' ?
Carl Crawford gets stolen bases and then has to be checked out...
Johnny Damon hits a home run but is still far from being ready...
Jorge De LaRosa throws four innings, all of his pitches...yet June is his earliest expectation...

Do they play these games on Wi?
Against my Mom and Dad's slo-pitch team?
Are they the only ones on the field?

How long do they have extended spring training games?
Do they become extended summer games?

How bad of a prospect do you have to be, to be told to go play in an extended spring training game so that Johnny Damon or Carl Crawford can get some at bats.....wait, I just answered my own question....they've gotta be playing against stiffs...
On my tombstone-