Life Etiquette 101 For SLOW DRAFT

SmashBoomBash

Life Etiquette 101 For SLOW DRAFT

Post by SmashBoomBash » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:14 pm

Hi everyone this Marcel. The same guy that this post is written about. I thought it would be appropriate for me to reply and tell everyone what really happened in last years draft instead of letting DOUGHBOY fill everyone's minds with outright lies.

I joined my first few slow drafts last year. Greg explained me to that I had 8 hours to pick and I thought that was great since I have an extremely busy and demanding life. I had every intention of drafting as quickly as possible because I LOVE FANTASY BASEBALL AND DRAFTS :D . The problem was that my Doctor thought I was having heart complications. He ordered about 6 different tests all in the first week of the draft. That coupled with fact that I run a retail store and it was literally the busiest time of the year for me. On most days from mid November to X-mass I work 12 hour days with no lunch break. On top of all that MY FATHER WAS DIEING OF CANCER ! I was driving back forth from Vegas to LA every few days. So between my health, work, travel and my father it became difficult for me to draft promptly.

NOW THE TRUTH ABOUT ETIQUETTE:

My first two picks I was not able to draft for about 5 hours, but that's when slowly all the league starting viciously attacking me with negative comments. I did not feel the need or have the desire to reply to such negativity from a group of people that would not even allow me the 8 hours that I rightfully had to draft according to Greg ( Who Runs The NFBC ). My next to two picks were clocked at about 4 and 7 hours. I can still remember that day. I went to the doctor for two different heart tests ( one was nuclear and it was very long and not fun at all ) When I finally came back and explained AGAIN that I was having heart problems DOUGHBOY and his group of thugs starting calling me names. ONE OF THEM EVEN SAID: I HOPE YOU HAVE A HEART ATTACK AND DIE !!! At that point I completely removed myself to responding to these posts. I have never in my life Drafted with such rude and impatient people! From then on all they did was threaten me and call me names. All because I was not drafting fast enough ? I don't know about the rest of you but I thought a fantasy draft was supposed to be fun ? Like Greg told me " It's only a game. I will talk to them and tell them to chill out." I thought PROPER ETIQUETTE included be courteous to your fellow players. I thought as GREG CLEARLY TOLD ME that it was completely within my right to use all 8 hours. Greg told me THAT'S WHY IT IS CALLED A SLOW DRAFT. THAT'S WHY EVERYONE HAS 8 HOURS TO DRAFT. He then told me not to listen to the banter and go about my draft as best I could. After talking to Greg and few of my fellow NFBC buddies I found out that our draft only fell a few days out of the average draft time for a slow draft. WOW Did these players really have to threaten to come beat me up if I did not draft faster ? Did they really have to call me names ? Did they really have to wish I SHOULD HAVE A HEART ATTACK AND DIE ??!! Well they did and they did all that even though most all of them knew I WAS SICK AND MY FATHER DIEING ! Shame on all of them. I hope NO ONE in an NFBC DRAFT EVER has to be subjected to such poisonous filth.

Greg told me. "This is a slow draft. If you are busy and can't get to the draft quickly don't worry about it. The season doesn't start for another 3 months. Take your time and handle your business. Just ignore them."

LIFE ETIQUETTE 101 For SLOW DRAFT:
1. Never name call, threaten fellow players or ridicule them in a draft or message board as DOUGHBOY and his thugs did. This applies to life as well. Patience is a virtue and doing unto others as you would have done to you can go a long way in the game of life.
2. Be considerate of people and their life. You never know what might be going on in someone's life even if they are not openly talking about it with you. Extend your graciousness to your fellow man.
3. If you join a slow draft do not join one with DOUGBOY and his cohorts. Slow drafts are called slow drafts because they are SLOW DRAFTS. Request a league with players that understand the rules and are willing to actually draft slowly in a slow draft. Request to be with players that respect your time and would be accepting if life throws you a curve ball during a draft.

In conclusion:

DOUGHBOY Still decided to write this post almost a year a later, even though he knew all my circumstances. MY FATHER DIED TWO WEEKS AFTER THE DRAFT FINISHED DOUGHBOY ! I know Greg told him that my father died but he still wrote this post ? Which I think is disgusting and unbecoming of anyone I would like to assocaite with in any walk of life. I prey to GOD that DOUGHBOY never has to go through what I went through. Heart complications, Extreme work and Travel, Taking care of a sick loved one whom is dieing and that same time be called names and threaten because I did not draft fast enough to his liking !? YOU DOUGHBOY made my fathers passing and my complications of life miserable. The draft was supposed to be my refuge from all the pain and suffering and instead it was the exact opposite. All thanks to you and your buddies.

Congrats DOUGHBOY I see you gave yourself a big pat on your shoulder in this post for coming in first and beating a guy that was sick and lost his father to a slow painful death. Way to go ! Your such a winner !

DOUGHBOYS

Re: Life Etiquette 101 For SLOW DRAFT

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:02 pm

Marcel,
I'm sorry about your father. You were probably going through a lot at that stage of your life. I've lost my father as well.
If you need me to be the lightning rod for your father's death and poor health, I'm a big boy and can take whatever you need me to take. Heck, I probably even deserve some of it.
Here is a copy of the e-mails that went between us at the time-

Marcel,

I'm sorry that you're ill.

You're not feeling your best. And the comments are certainly cruel.

These drafters are used to drafting at a good pace.

They see the dot by your name signifying that you're 'there' and don't see you make a pick, it drives them crazy.

Think of it from their side, they're near a computer waiting for your pick until they give up on you and feel the night was wasted.

It's a double edged sword with blame for everybody.

I'm sorry.

If there is anything I can do for you, just ask.

Dan

To: Dan Kenyon <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 3, 2012 9:55 PM
Subject: Re: Pick

I am sick and tired of all the bullshit. I have a life to lead and have more important things on my mind than picking my next player. I joined this league specifically because I was given 8 hours to make each pick and that's exactly what my schedule allowed even before I got sick. You want to talk about not being courteous, just read the chat room banter and the comments left about me and my character because I am playing the game within the rules and my schedule. Until now I was courteous.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 3, 2012, at 8:32 PM, Dan Kenyon <[email protected]> wrote:

I'm disappointed in you, Marcel.

Good folks have been waiting for you to make a pick.

Be courteous.

Dan

To: marcel Bilak <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 7:05 PM

Your Welcome!

Take care.

Dan

To: [email protected]
Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 6:51 PM
Subject: RE: Pick

Thanks for the updates. You've been very kind reminding me. Doing my best. Been very sick. Not sure if it's my heart :(

Marcel Bilak
Legacy Sports Cards
8125 West Sahara Ave #160

Las Vegas, NV 89117
Work (702) 341-6525
Fax (702) 341-6526
http://www.legacysportscards.com

Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 16:16:10 -0800
To: [email protected]

Marcel,

Can we play too, please

You've been on the clock five hours during primetime.

Thanks,

Dan

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 2:56 PM
Subject: Pick

You are up, Sir!

Thanks,

Dan

Marcel, I was trying to act in the best interests of ALL 15 of us involved with the draft. To no avail.
I'm sorry for all the problems you had last year. It's a shame.
At the same time, when we enter one of these drafts, we have a responsibility to 14 other people. Because there is a lot of stress in one's life, 14 other people should not feel badly as well.

I hope this post made you feel better. It really looks like you needed to lash out at somebody.
Hope you're at the Main Event draft in Las Vegas. I'd love to meet you.
These things are always talked about better face to face than through a computer.
Take care.

Dan
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Head 2 Head

Post by Head 2 Head » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Marcel -

I understand the frustration of being in a draft with a full clock user. I also understand that it is within the rules, and the ability to gain eight hours worth of news may be of benefit. However, I don't want to play in a league where a team regularly takes eight hours to draft. I appreciate Doughboy and others sharing the names of those that do use the full clock as I would prefer not to be in a league with a player that is "Marcelling" I have known Doughboy for years via the message board and have had the pleasure to meet him in person at a live NFBC draft. I understand that you may feel that he was insensitive, however I believe that he is one of the nicest guys here.

I am joining Slow Draft 12 and would like you join me and thirteen other owners and show us the 2012 version of "Marcelling"

Gary Cutler
"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." - Winston Churchill

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:32 am

I've had e-mails, one from the draft of last year, asking me to tell everybody what REALLY happened during the draft from last year. I don't feel the need, but I will state some of the things that bothered me most about his post..
I'm a little anal in that I take notes during online drafts. These notes help me determine my own adp of the players I am interested in.
In these notes, I jotted down all the reasons that Marcel could not draft in a timely manner. I won't list them. The important thing is that his father was never mentioned. When I saw his post yesterday, that was the one thing that stood out to me. I'm very sensitive to family members being ill, especially gravely ill, but there was no mention of it or I would have jotted it down.
I also don't remember Greg or anybody else telling me that Marcel's father passed. He could have, but I don't remember and I can't find any e-mails about it.

My real crime is that I named Marcel as being slow and had fun at his expense. For that, I apologize.
And still, the eight hours is not 'an entitlement'. It is there for sleep, emergencies, and when we're away from the computer for a length of time.
Not one person, that I know of, has become incensed at a drafter for drafting too fast during slow drafts. Not one.
A problem does occur when somebody is continuously slow.
The majority like a well paced draft. And I'm happy that Marcel is drafting at a good pace this year. Last year, his average pick was six and a half hours per pick. He timed out two or three times and at the end of one timeout, had the NFBC change his pick, rather than take the player he received. The draft finished in a timely manner because the other 14 adapted and knew when they would be up. We got through two rounds a day, despite Marcel being on the clock an average of 13 of the 24 hours a day. A terrific achievement in my book. Especially when considering that it was one of the other 14 that was on the clock during sleeping hours.

Since then, I was involved in an e-mail draft where a man had his child undergo brain surgery. At one point, not a draft pick was made for three days while we all held our breaths. Not a word was spoken about when he would draft again.
He had communicated the problem. And all of us understood.
Marcel did not communicate his problems with us. Some were so agitated that they did threaten Marcel and wish him ill will.
I've seen it happen in other drafts as well. It is just too easy sometimes to criticize with a keyboard than doing it face to face. Since I was the one that 'outed' Marcel, he is directing all his anger about that draft at me. I get it. And I'll take the heat. In the grand scheme of things, it is a small thing to me. But it may not be to Marcel, so at the same time, I won't minimize it either.
In the spirit of the times we are going through in the country and in the spirit of Christmas, Marcel, I'm sorry for every way in which you feel wronged. I'm also happy your problems seem to be in the past.
We are each focused on our drafts, but we are also human and can understand some bad luck in others lives.
Others will understand and be receptive to somebody with outside problems during a draft. The key is to communicate to others about those problems. Communication would have stopped the ill will in this draft from last year.
It's a lesson for all of us.
On my tombstone-

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:11 pm

Well Said Dough!

SmashBoomBash

Post by SmashBoomBash » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:29 pm

The 3rd or 4th day of the draft I told everybody that I was having heart problems. That should of been enough, but even before I mentioned my heart it only took 2 days for the banter to start. 2 DAYS ? Nobody deserves that, I don't care how long it takes them to draft. Gregg specifically told me he spoke to you about my heart/father and you still decided to write your post and make fun of me regardless, while patting yourself on the back for beating me even though you knew the facts. Your emails were decent but you encouraged the negativity towards the end of the draft.

So here are the facts.

I did communicate that I was having heart problems from the beginning. That should have been enough

You did know what happened because Gregg told you and a few of the others that my father was dieing of cancer and I posted in the chat room about my heart, but the banter got worse and you still wrote this post? Not the other guys YOU WROTE THIS POST knowing all the facts.

So you may have conveniently forgotten all of the above during your last post, but I did not. I spoke to Greg about 5 times. He told me he explained to everyone that I was sick and my father was sick, but it still continued and you partook. I accept your apology but lets at least tell the truth about what really happened.

Just my opinion but I will always be of the mind that a SLOW DRAFT that starts months before the season should have every right to run slowly and I could care less how long it takes ANYBODY to draft. I am still going to get my pick. The draft is till going to end way before the season starts. So what's the rush ? I can understand your point of view but don't think that even within your perspective that anyone should EVER teat a fellow human being improperly because they draft slowly.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 pm

Sorry you think that way. I'm not going to try to change what you think. It's pointless.
Thanks for your opinion.
On my tombstone-

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:19 pm

Marcel,
I reached out to somebody involved with that draft. And you were right. Greg did inform me that your father had passed after the draft.
You can call it convenience or whatever you'd like. The fact is, the post was written nine months later and I had forgotten about the e-mail and the passing of your father. I am sorry.
Bombs away.
On my tombstone-

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:27 pm

Before the bullets hit, I would like to take the other side of your eight hours opinion.
You say you don't care how fast others draft. Or more importantly, how slow they draft.
You're wrong.
Drafters such as yourself, rely on the kindness of other drafters. These drafters in turn, will turn on you, the slower drafter.
Here's an example.
Let's say that you cut a half hour off your pace from last year.
And we'll change the drafters to not 14 drafters like myself, but 14 like you.
If each pick takes six hours, not the maximum eight, that is four picks a day.
That is four rounds in 15 days.
Eight rounds a month.
Over six months to complete the draft.
Or, two or three months into the baseball season.

it's like going the minimum speed of 50, when the maximum is 75.
Folks are going to honk and yell because you are going slow and impeding their progress.
It's within your right to go the minimum, but in doing so, you can also expect squawkers.
It's the nature of the human beast.
On my tombstone-

SmashBoomBash

Post by SmashBoomBash » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:21 pm

Thanks again for the apology and cleaning up some of the facts. The time is to be used not abused. Still disagree with your point and I am not the guy to honk and yell at a slow driver. I know most people do but that's just not me.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:55 pm

I am not a last word type of guy. I know in my heart I should just let this thread sail off into the sunset.
But I can't.
And this isn't really a last word type post.
We can learn a lot more from bad things than we do good things.
And as bad of a draft as this was, I still remember sharing anecdotes with friends in that draft. One night we stayed up till all hours sharing that league message board.
Good times.
Everything else in that draft was from a book entitled, '50 Rounds of Hell'.

Although a drafter was going through personal torment, the other drafters were not fully informed. If I hadn't e-mailed, I would have missed the draft boards message about Marcel's heart. Those league message boards do not stay up long.
Later, the heart message may have been forgotten by many as it was replaced with 'On the telephone, putting my daughter to bed, having lunch, computer problems, dinner, have a customer'. When these are all used and a pick is still not made for hours, it may have created a 'Chicken Little' effect as far as the heart is concerned.
This isn't to ridicule Marcel. Or to make excuses for drafters behavior. Marcel thought he was doing a service in explaining why he wasn't making a pick. For his side, he had done his job. He had communicated about his heart and other reasons.
But really, it only fanned the flames.
You see, we need a time.
A lunch may take me two hours to eat or Marcel two hours to eat, but it may take a skinny guy a few minutes.
Damn skinny guys!
We need a time.
There are 14 other drafters sitting by a computer knowing they could be up soon.
'Having lunch' is an indicator that soon, it will be there turn.
When it's not, they get mad.
Some try to get even.
The name calling begins. It's stupid. Everybody knows it. And making threats is just over the line. I remember those threats well. Plain ugly.
Marcel endured threats and name calling until shutting down and not giving any more reasons and making his picks that much longer.

It was stupid on everybody's part. It became 14 vs. 1.
I'll bet Greg was called from the phone lines of most participants.
Everybody had a beef.
It was not fun for anybody, especially Marcel.
My original post was to stop this thing from happening again. There is mention of communicating personal problems.
Marcel figured he had done that.
But, more importantly with each problem, give a time.
Even if it is a best guess.
Give a time.
'Heart problems' will pull at the heartstrings (no pun intended), but drafters really just want to know when, not what.
I drafted in another draft with a fella who was really sick and he used 'auto 1'.
Marcel doesn't HAVE to use this function. But, it's there.

The aftermath of that draft was brutal.
I'm happy to see that Marcel is drafting and I've heard mixed reports about communications.
MTM said that he would enter lots of drafts to get the taste out of his mouth.
He has.
Three drafters told me that they would never do it again. I haven't seen their names yet on this year's scrolls.
It was painful for Marcel. It was painful for everybody else.
I didn't help by using Marcel's name in the etiquette post. Only made things worse.
But the point of the post is still alive.
We've stated our opinions on the rights and responsibilities of drafters in slo drafts, and there will never be a winner in that debate.
But this type of draft can be avoided by giving or estimating times to folks if a pick cannot be made in a timely manner.
We don't share the same opinions on timeliness of picks, but we can be courteous enough to let others know WHEN that pick will be coming.
If not, a draft like this could happen to you.
And I wouldn't want that for anybody.
On my tombstone-

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:58 pm

Marcel I am sorry about your father, but it's been almost a yr since this draft took place and this is the first time that I ever heard he had been very ill. I do recall you mentioning your own heart problems and you may not remember this but when you said the words "chest pain" I told you to get your ass to an an ER immediately. I work in a hospital so I don't take that kind of thing lightly.

I have a pretty good memory and I thought for sure this draft began on a Wed. after xmas. I looked it up and indeed it did start on Wed. 12/28 (I used to have Wed's off that's how I know). So your whole "I'm busy from mid-Nov til xmas" well, (I'm not in retail, but you said yourself you were busy til xmas, this draft started 3 days after xmas)

Also, and call me crazy, but if one of my parents was dying I would not be wasting a minute on a fantasy baseball draft, esp. one w/ a format like these Slow's that have 14 other people involved. The fact that you had to travel to another state to be w/ your dad is even more reason why it is mind boggling that you'd even consider attempting to draft during such a difficult time in your life. Just my opinion.

As far as your own health issues, if you were in such bad shape what were you doing working 12 hrs/day?
You took 7 hrs to make your 1st rd pk. In the 2nd rd you got on after 2hrs (can tell by the green dot) and then proceeded to take nearly the full 8 hrs. MANY times during this draft you would announce that you were going to make a pk w/ in the next 15-20 min's only to leave us hanging for another 5, 6, 7 hrs. If you lead such "an extremely busy and demanding life" why bother? I guess the rest of us are just squirrels tryin' to get a nut, this is obviosuly Marcel's world. Only he's got other shit goin' on his life.

The ONLY reason, and I mean ONLY reason this draft finished as quickly as it did was b/c of guys like me, Mikey Massotto, Dan, Todd Z., pretty much everyone but you. The rest of us bucked up and made very fast pks. Mikey was 14th & I was 15th. The 2 of us probably took all of 2 - 20 min's to make our 4 pks. If everyone picked at the rate you did that draft would've gone on til Opening Day.

As Greg already said communication is the key. You provided almost none, certainly nothing about a dying father. And I still maintain that if your health was that bad you shoulda been in a hospital. In my opinion you were extremely selfish. Get well, then come back and draft. I'm sure Greg would've allowed you to bow out until your health improved, esp. if you had all those tests to go through the very first wk AND a dying father.

I'm preaching to the choir (for most here) when I talk about what a great guy Dan is, but it's the absolute truth. So I get a little bent out of shape when someone tries to imply that he's anything but the awesome dude that I KNOW he is. You know what you did and he just called you on it. So be it. Way it goes.

For me personally you have guaranteed that I NEVER participate in one of these again, and I finished a pt & a half behind Dan. I guess all those fast pks didn't hurt me at all. No, the NFBC offers many other contests that I would rather do. I'll leave these to guys like you who feel it is your right to waste other peoples' time.
Last edited by rockitsauce on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:39 am

I do believe that people have the right to not share thier personnal information with anyone, especially with most people they may not even know. I was in 3 drafts that have now completed and there were a few comments asking where I was when the clock went past 2-3 hrs. I took them as innocnet, but I was not about to explain my reasoning or make excuses in a chat room to mostly strangers. Having said that, I was dealing with a brother who passed in plane crash that was not an accident and a father who shortly after was diagnosed with cancer. Let alone traveling back and forth to the east coast multiple times to help the family. I may not have always been availbale to check in, but i did my best. People have got to understand that people do work too during the week. This whole subject of people not being responsive as to thier where abouts is past the the absurd. When you get 15 people, you cant get every single one "acting" the same way" as if Fantasy is the most important thing. People need to think before they write, because they truly do not know what goes on in ones life.

Happy Holidays

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:07 am

I agree w/ you Kevin Costner, you don't hafta share squat about your personal life. Just don't start crying when everyone thinks you're an inconsiderate a-hole for taking nearly 8 hrs for everyone of your picks....for 50 rd's. I work 7 days/wk (sometimes w/ no lunch break :o ) so please w/ the people work crap. Save it.

KJ is dead on (as usual) if you wanna be no communicado guy, fine. Be prepared to deal w/ the consequences.

I responded to show support for my friend Dan (guess I'm one of his "thugs"), not to complain about Slow drafts b/c I am done w/ them. I refuse to waste time & money w/ the possibility of being "marcelled" again.

"People need to think before they write" yes, Costner. Yes they do.

I hafta remind myself this is the guy who thought Cole should've gotten a 50 gm suspension for plunking Harper last yr. So I should expect comments like yours.

By the way it's their, not thier.
Always be closing.

SmashBoomBash

Post by SmashBoomBash » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:59 am

I pray to God for you that Karma does not exist. Thank you rock for proving my point with your comment.

Potter

Post by Potter » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:19 pm

Based on nothing other than what I have experienced this year being in two drafts with Marcel, there is zero percent chance I would draft with him again. Certainly not as painful as last year sounds, and at least we "lucked" into him picking 1st and 15th in the two drafts. Then again, with the back to back picks, we did get about 13 hours straight of Marcel on the clock yesterday. On the occasion he has been on the clock in both leagues simultaneously, I've seen picks post in one league, and then get to wait over an hour for picks in the 2nd. None of this is anything to get too upset about I suppose. Inconsiderate folks try to spoil an otherwise enjoyable day in just about every venue. Why should it be any different here?

Just thought it was worth mentioning that with or without personal tragedy, Marcel will take well more than his "fair share" of time, and communicate poorly. I'm sure this irks some more than others. Would be fair to put me in the "some" vs "others" category. Greg and Tom do allow us to see the names of folks who have signed up for a particular draft. If you think trying to spend three plus weeks with as many considerate folks as possible is a good idea, I'd make that list required reading.

I fought the urge not to underline, bold or color anything. Almost pulled it off.

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:38 pm

"I pray to God for you that Karma does not exist".

Don't bother. I'm a big boy, don't need anyone sending telepathic messages to the invisible sky wizard on my behalf. Honestly, w/ all the crap going on in this world doesn't he have bigger fish to fry?
Always be closing.

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:10 pm

Merry Christmas Rockit! It is nice to know the world is filled with such noble folks.
rockitsauce wrote:I agree w/ you Kevin Costner, you don't hafta share squat about your personal life. Just don't start crying when everyone thinks you're an inconsiderate a-hole for taking nearly 8 hrs for everyone of your picks....for 50 rd's. I work 7 days/wk (sometimes w/ no lunch break :o ) so please w/ the people work crap. Save it.

KJ is dead on (as usual) if you wanna be no communicado guy, fine. Be prepared to deal w/ the consequences.

I responded to show support for my friend Dan (guess I'm one of his "thugs"), not to complain about Slow drafts b/c I am done w/ them. I refuse to waste time & money w/ the possibility of being "marcelled" again.

"People need to think before they write" yes, Costner. Yes they do.

I hafta remind myself this is the guy who thought Cole should've gotten a 50 gm suspension for plunking Harper last yr. So I should expect comments like yours.

By the way it's their, not thier.

SmashBoomBash

Post by SmashBoomBash » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:14 pm

You can lie and distort the truth all you want. You obviously have no have no clue about what really has been happening in our the draft? Maybe you do and your just an angry, impatient person that wanted to post a bunch lies on the board? I have logged in and communicated about my draft times in all my leagues multiple times per day. Actually if you want to see the TRUTH anybody is welcome to use the HTML draft screen and they will see that I have COMMUNICATED MORE ABOUT MY DRAFT TIMES THAN ANYONE ELSE IN THE LEAGUE. So do us all a favor fact check before you spit out nonsense. As for my one 8 hour lapse. I clearly stated when I was going to be available. I went to sleep at 10pm and saw that I was 5 picks away. My turn came up at midnight. I then woke up at 8:00 AM unknowingly rushed to log online and to my surprise my turn had passed. I then communicated again upon logging in what happened. The 8 hours are there in large part for that very reason called sleep. I am in three drafts and have seen 5 / 7+ hour lapses by other players, but unlike you...I DONT CARE AND DO NOT FEEL THE NEED TO COMPLAIN AND MOAN ABOUT IT. It is a slow draft and that means players can draft slowly.

At least DOUGHBOY was able to recognize what really happened after I contested his post, even though we do not agree on how a slow draft should run.

NOW THE TRUTH:
1. Everything POTTER said is FALSE please read below for facts.

2. I have communicated more than anyone else in all my leagues about my draft time due to the mess that happened last year. ANYONE check this fact on the html draft screen that holds a backlog of the chats in all three of my leagues.

3. I had one 8 hour lapse that happened at midnight due to 5 picks happening from 10-12pm pacific ( which is 1-3am eastern time). 5 picks in two hours at that time of night had not happened ONCE in any of the leagues I drafted in this year or to my memory last year. I communicated exactly when I was going to be available. The communicated why I missed my turn upon logging into the draft.

3. Because of last year I kept track of all my picks in all my leagues. My exact average draft time including the 8 hour lapse is 1hour 47 minutes. Which makes my average draft time about one hour without the one 8 hour lapse. I am beating most players in average draft time in all three leagues.

4. Some players are trying keep on eye on my draft time due to the inconsideration, rudeness, and impatience of some of the players last year, but just like politics they pick out the bad then distort and then publicize it in a post it like POTTER without any regard for the truth.

CONCLUSION:

I guess this board is mostly used to complain, insult and whine. I wanted to communicate to DOUGHBOY and last years players the TRUTH. I posted the TRUTH and now my business is done. My life is filled with to many exciting and beautiful things to waste anymore of my time replying to bunch of people that have selective memory and can only post fibs to satisfy their lives, probably due to their own unhappiness. Again thank you DOUGHBOY for your apology and I appreciate your different opinion. As for the ROCK and POTTER I too hope that I never have to draft with such untruthful, impatient and angry people.

I WILL NOT BE READING OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY FUTURE POSTS, DON"T HAVE TIME FOR LIES AND HATE. LIKE I SAID THANKS FOR POSTING ROCK & POTTER, YOU PROVED MY POINT :D

Potter

Post by Potter » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:13 pm

And with that, another hour of Marcel on the clock ticks by. Save your bipolar rants for in between picks if you would.

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:17 pm

"You can lie and distort the truth all you want".

I lied about nothing.

There were 13 other people in that draft that can verify what happened last yr. I know nothing about your drafting habits this yr, nor do I care. As I said I am done w/ Slow Drafts so feel free to sabotage all the drafts you want Shishboombah.
Always be closing.

Dak

Post by Dak » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:43 pm

Let it go Marcel............the "inner circle" of what is a part of the NFBC is protecting one of it's own! You have to accept that.

Dak

Post by Dak » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:58 pm

BTW rock sauce.............my name is Rob Dykhoff. You want to start on me now! Fire away!

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:14 pm

Dak wrote:BTW rock sauce.............my name is Rob Dykhoff. You want to start on me now! Fire away!
You weren't even in the draft last yr yet you send me a PM calling me a moron and telling me to stay out of it. Who the hell died and left you boss ?

As you said to me Dan is a big boy who can stand up for himself, I guess from your continued rants Marcel is not.

Why would I want to start on you ? You instigated this whole issue w/ your PM and now you say "start on me now" ? I could care less about you, what you think, your obsession w/ Marcel (about a draft from a freakin' yr ago, which bears repeating you weren't even in) so go pound sand, Rob Dykhoff.
Always be closing.

Dak

Post by Dak » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:26 pm

I called it as I saw it and at this point I'm sorry I tried to defend Marcel............did not realize it would cause such a reaction from someone as thin-skinned as the "rockit". You may go away now!

Happy Holidays All!!!!