Play by Play For New Players

DOUGHBOYS

Play by Play For New Players

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:15 pm

Here is Greg's response to those that have been asking for Auto1 to be re-established in this year's draft room....

I didn't respond on the timeline for the addition of 1-Round Auto Pick for the new draft room because we still had a new acquisition unresolved at the time that would be giving us the game plan we needed for tackling this feature. It is now complete and we should be announcing that acquisition in the next week or two. It's a nice, nice addition to the SportsHub family that will bring a LOT of new users to our season-long platform.

Bottom line is that this acquisition will force us to add multi-round Ques and an average pick clock per user. We still have to plan this out and get a timeline as to when it will be added to the NFBC Draft Room, but we now have a clear idea of what has to be added for all of our draft products and when it has to be done. That includes Multi-Round Auto Pick and Average Pick per user time listings. We'll decide after the holidays after this deal is finalized if 1 Round Auto can be implemented first with the other additions coming later and announce that when we know the timeline.

But it's good news going forward for the Draft Champions format. I know it's not here yet and we still have a lot of work ahead of us, but we know these additions HAVE to be added and in place for a key drafting deadline. We're on it.

Keep those Draft Champions leagues moving and new tools will be coming to make the experience even better. Thanks all.

Here is the John Pausma response....

Congrats on the purchase or whatever that was. I just want the old tool of "auto one" back. Is it a real hard thing from a programming perspective to add that back? I think you are missing the boat by not getting that added pronto. it is such a basic and needed tool for these drafts. It increases the drafting pleasure significantly and drafts finish quicker. It's disappointing to hear that you aren't even going to decide on this until next year. Do you have an estimated time frame as to when this would get added - either separately (the basic auto 1) or in combo (the new fancy multiple round stuff)?

These post may confuse those new to the NFBC. So, a little refresher may be needed...
First, the NFBC has the best players and customer service in the world,
No matter if you won home leagues, yahoo leagues, ESPN leagues or expert leagues, that means shat unless you've won in the NFBC.
Anybody can win those leagues. Anybody.

The NFBC's customer service is second to none. If a question is asked or if anything is needed, Tom and Greg are on it.
Usually withing minutes.

Every company lacks something somewhere and the NFBC is no exception.
Technology has been the NFBC kryptonite since its inception.
We have changed hands several times during the 15 years, each time with the promise that technology will get better.
It rarely happens.
Most of us play or have played on other sites that are deemed ahead of the NFBC in tech.
It is frustrating to most that the NFBC does not or has never had top of the line technology.

To make matters worse, and this is part of John's angst, things are always 'going to be' better.
We've been promised that every time the NFBC has changed hands.
On one hand, it is understandable.
We have never had the best in technology, so we think we can only improve.
Greg will state that with this new company (each time) that they are more capable of better technology than the last company.
And when that new company does not deliver as promised, we are miffed that another empty promise has been made.

This is not to say that we have not had improvements.
I believe the FAAB system is the best I've played with. (I'm crossing my fingers that by 'improving FAAB' that IT does not change things altogether.)
Our roster pages (if intact) were also some of the best in the industry.
The drawback has been the draft room since time began.
There has ALWAYS been something wrong with the damned draft room.
Always.
A friend visiting me last year looked at the draft room while I was drafting a DC team and he called it 'Mickey Mouse' compared to his site.

Now, we have a functional draft room.
Functional has always been the highest compliment for an NFBC draft room.
Each IT thinks that non-important stuff like pictures of players or popping out chat is more important than auto1 or things that drafters will actually use.
Why? I don't know.
A functional draft room with stuff we hardly use.
Instead of auto1 that is sorely needed.

I understand John's angst.
A lot of us have been here a long time and know the drill.
Results seem to be always in the future.
It's tough for John and all veterans to hear AGAIN.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Gekko

Re: Play by Play For New Players

Post by Gekko » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:45 pm

The draft room has worked fine for me over the years. This includes many DC Expresses. For some reason I don’t share the same frustrations as others in that regard.

With that said, auto 1 is a core component of keeping DC’s moving in a timely fashion. Without it enabled, I don’t have the same level of excitement to join DC leagues.

DOUGHBOYS

Re: Play by Play For New Players

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:32 pm

Gekko wrote:The draft room has worked fine for me over the years. This includes many DC Expresses. For some reason I don’t share the same frustrations as others in that regard.

With that said, auto 1 is a core component of keeping DC’s moving in a timely fashion. Without it enabled, I don’t have the same level of excitement to join DC leagues.
We learn to cope.
We had a draft room that couldn't support dashes, question marks, etc in chat.
We learned not to use them.
This year, chat has been fine and the positions and no auto1 has been the problem.
We will adjust to that too.
The draft room, in both cases has been ok and 'functional'.
Good enough.
It'd just be fun if it we had a draft room without making allowances for shortcomings.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!