For The Love of Baseball, JUST STOP!

DOUGHBOYS

For The Love of Baseball, JUST STOP!

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:35 pm

SomBitch! Enough already! Quit it! Just QUIT IT! STOP!

Here is the latest "Player News"...

According to Jon Heyman of Fancred, the Phillies still believe that they will land either Manny Machado or Bryce Harper.

Heyman notes that the Phillies have financial clout, which should allow them to sign one of the two superstar free agents that still linger on the market. The Padres have stepped up their pursuit of both players as well, while the White Sox are known to be interested as well. The Yankees, Dodgers and many others have also been mentioned at one point or another this winter.

This, of course, is nothing. It is just Heyman spouting on a slow baseball day.
Not even a quote directly or indirectly from the front office.
We are tired of the guesses.
We are also tired of Realmuto "Nearing the end" "Finishing up" "Gaining momentum" "Substantial talks" "Near the finish line"..
Give the reader a break, willya?!
All just plain bullshit to try and keep us interested when there is nothing to be interested about.
Just stop.
When you have news, real news, let us know.
Every fan in baseball can guess and the way Heyman has been wrong on many counts this year, his guess is no better than Aunt Ruth from Poughkipsee.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Bronx Yankees

Re: For The Love of Baseball, JUST STOP!

Post by Bronx Yankees » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:19 am

And today we get the obligatory "mystery teams" involved blurb. Oh, when will our suffering end?

Seriously, at this point, I couldn't give a crap where Harper, Machado or Kimbrel land. As long as their teams are known before the live drafts, I'm good. I immediately turn off MLB network on the radio when they start speculating; really, just so sick of the issue.

The baseball hot stove season has become the most boring and overrated off-season of any major sport. If MLB wants to increase fan interest leading up to the season, this is how NOT to do it.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:39 am

'Jim Bowden of The Athletic reports that there are "mystery" teams in on free agent outfielder Bryce Harper.'

Again, no news, no source.
The writers or podcasters trying to make news.

In this case, we CAN kill the messenger.
On my tombstone-

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:33 am

'Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that the Phillies recently checked in with the Marlins regarding J.T. Realmuto.
That doesn't mean that anything is close, but the Phillies are at least doing their due diligence with Realmuto still available.'

Believe us, we know everything it doesn't mean. Yet, it is reported.
The Phillies GM called the Marlins GM.
It is like Entertainment Weekly 'reporting' that Kevin Hart called Elton John.
Rats Ass.
On my tombstone-

Thurman15

Post by Thurman15 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:06 pm

I'm so sick of this off season that I could scream. We all have a hard time NOT following it, because once in a blue moon there is big news. But all these bloody reports. After all this time, instead of Harper finally making a decision....it goes the other way. Now 8 teams are in on him ???? Make a bloody decision. Spring training starts next week. And Machado waiting for a huge offer ?? When ?? No team is giving you anywhere near what you want. Do you want to play ?? Make a decision. I spoke a month ago about the "Delusional twins, Keuchel and Kimbrel" I guess there is no cure for delusional. Still think you are getting 5 and 6 years guys ??? Apparently they are willing to accept 4 years now. How about 2 for Kimbrel and 3 at a much lower salary than Keuchel wanted. Get in the real world guys. And the Marlins......trade Realmuto or keep him. Stop the nonsense. Oh I hope these players all get screwed.
Rogers Hornsby, Hall of Famer with the Cardinals was once asked " You love Baseball Rogers, but what do you do in the winter ? " His response......"I stare out the window and wait for spring "