I Hate.....

DOUGHBOYS

I Hate.....

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:38 pm

A fella told me the other day that he doesn't know anybody that loves the NFBC more than me....I thought about that.
And maybe he's wrong. There are plenty of things I don't like about the NFBC.
So I started a 'Hate' list.

I hate that I can't have more FAAB teams. I love FAAB, really I do, but I just hate all the time that goes with having a FAAB team.

I hate that the NFBC has so many contests. To me, its become a little overdone and watered down. I know it's all about money. And I know that without making more and more money, the NFBC would not be here....But I don't have to like it.

I hate that the Main Event isn't touted every here . I hear about NFBC ADP and NFBC players in general. But the true measure of an NFBC player is the Main Event. Even winning a league in the Main Event is something to be proud of. If somebody tells you that they won a league in any other event, it is mostly met with a 'good job' without much else.
The Main Event should be front and center. Instead, we hear about the latest new contest more. I know, I know, it's all about money.

I hate that writers and podcasters give advice in how to win NFBC events, then don't enter the Main Event.
Win a Main Event League and write or talk about that!
Instead, they go on writing and go on talking as if they have.

I hate that I am running out of time to have the perfect Main Event team.

I hate that a drafter can go on auto for 30 rounds, not have a player in his queue, and come out with a pretty good team because the player default follows ADP so closely.

I hate that the Message Boards have become mostly an advertisement for leagues.

I hate slow drafters. I don't care that it's a '2 hour' or 4 hour' draft. Be respectful. Be prepared. You're in the NFBC. Act like it.

I hate the $5 tax that we have to pay every time we join a league because FD and DK screwed over the season-long game.

II hate that the Main Event hasn't grown even more. Rather, iit is the same drafters putting in multiple teams.

I hate that there is only a day a year window to see you guys. It's not fair.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Gekko

Re: I Hate.....

Post by Gekko » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:21 pm

What about not knowing if the NL DH is going to happen this by year?

jdryan

Post by jdryan » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:04 pm

I can't agree more . I love NFBC but so many games watered down the whole site. Plus, you need to promote the Main much better than what's going on That's s your staple game not 300 $50 grab my balls games. not my my business just my opinion but hate to see this. I understand you need to make money but not watering down your own product.
jody ryan

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:53 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:38 pm

I hate that the Message Boards have become mostly an advertisement for leagues.
Hey Doughy! Glad to see that you're keeping the flame of these boards alive. I haven't been on much in recent years, but man I loved these boards back in the day. A lot's changed since then. You're not wrong in stating that these boards have become more about pushing registrations than discourse, as most of that has moved onto other social media platforms like Twitter. But like you, I also miss the old days of these boards. Tremendous posters, tremendous personalities, tremendous topics, and yes even tremendous feuds. Some of it was great fun, some maybe not so much, but all of it interesting and the boards in general were a total blast.

Roy's Outlaws

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:45 am

Well said as always Dan, couldn't agreed more. As the late George Young said "when they say it's not about the Money , It's always about the MONEY"
The Main Event was a classic contest and event. Everyone drafting live and at the same time, one team each(over 450 player at its peak) one lottery ticket each. Now it not the same game or event , multiple draft date ,multiple teams by the same owner , probably less than 100 drafting live, many more online. now it sells out by smoke and mirrors ,people with 4,5 ,6 or more teams(how many total player are there still playing)? Plus they do almost NO advertising to grow the game.

Glenn , missed u the last few years drafting in NYC, and your countdowns on these boards.

Now its like looking for a needle in a haystack to even find these boards. I bet most new players don't even know they exists.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:30 pm

Roy's Outlaws wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:45 am

Glenn , missed u the last few years drafting in NYC, and your countdowns on these boards.
Pretty sure I only missed last year in NYC... but definitely feels like longer. Miss seeing you too Ice Cream Man. Hope you're doing well Bud.