Quickies

DOUGHBOYS

Quickies

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:21 pm

On Thursday night, the Athletics did not have a batter hitting .250 in their lineup...

The Orioles have 35 Wins. The White Sox have...gulp....35 Wins...

They say speed never slumps...Only one player (Trea Turner) is batting .300 with double digit stolen bases...

A friend of mine says he just missed a three HR, 5 RBI night... His player, Hoy Park appears next to Michael Perez in the box score...

The other night, Christian Walker hit a home run. The broadcaster said "Walker's great year continues!" Walker is hitting Mendoza, .200

A somewhat able-bodied 28 year old man has stolen 71 of 81 bases coming into this year. This year, Byron Buxton has attempted one steal.
One more than Mike Trout, An able-bodied 30 year old...

Anthony Santander...235/33/14 /39/0

Juan Soto..............224/43/14/32/5

Ouch, babe.

Going into Thursday night, Cesar Hernandez was tied for most games played. He's hit zero home runs. 21 less than last year.

Jon Berti stole 18 bases in June. For THE YEAR, the Tigers have 15, the Rockies have 14, the Twins have 13.

It just don't seem right....First baseman with nine home runs....
Josh Naylor
Jesus Aguilar
Jose Abreu
Freddie Freeman

A little like this list....these players all have 13 extra base hits...These players do not belong together....
Joey Gallo
Myles Straw
Spencer Torkelson
Tyler Stephenson
Darrin Ruf
Michael Harris III
Kevin Kiermaier

A fella was telling me how wonderful Alek Manoah has been this year....

Manoah 2.09/0.96/85k
MPerez 2.22/1.16/77k

If before the season, folks knew that Manoah would only be slightly better than Martin Perez, he wouldn't have been drafted.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Edwards Kings

Re: Quickies

Post by Edwards Kings » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:34 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:21 pm

The other night, Christian Walker hit a home run. The broadcaster said "Walker's great year continues!" Walker is hitting Mendoza, .200
Hi...I'm Wayne Edwards...I am suffering from Christian Walker!

Tied for 7th in MLB in HR, 40/42 Runs/RBI's, none of which are bad for a 28th round pick. But geez that BA. He takes walks (12% BB%), decent contact (77%) and is hitting the ball hard...and in the air. That much is not luck. But only an 18% hit rate. No, can't justify a 0.206 BA. I do believe in regression so maybe the worm will turn on the BA. Everytime I think about sitting him, he will crank out a couple.

I guess I will leave him in for the counting stats.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer