April

DOUGHBOYS

April

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:34 am

I was highly criticized by NFBC players in my stance on Juan Soto. I told anybody that would listen that Soto is not getting better as a young player. Better suited as a third round player, not first round. of course, who listens to me when the OBP community touts him no matter what. Although scribes and especially analysts love the guy, as a fantasy player he is just not all that.
Instead of approaching the problem with how Soto hit and played last year (playing, as in his defense wasn't as good as well) these same scribes and analysts gave Soto reasons and excuses for not being up to snuff.
No protection in the lineup.
Playing for a poor team in Washinton.
Getting 'adjusted' to San Diego.
Blah, blah, and blah.
And now this year, Soto and his buddies say that the speed-up rules have effected Soto.
C'mon Man.
Either you're good and you play well all the time or you're not as good as everybody thinks and make excuses.
Soto and his followers are the latter.
Soto suffers from Vottulism. Adisease that strikes some hitters. Like Joey Votto, Soto is always on the lookout for a walk.
This year, I have seen him go to so many 3-2 counts that I find it amusing. Analysts say he's 'working the count' or looking for 'a good at bat'
Since when is taking six pitches including a third strike, a good at bat ?
Soto CAN be a great hitter. It's why several drafters took him in the first round of drafts. BUT, until he changes his hitting philosophy, and I'll say it again, Soto is NOT a first round player.

It seems like a SP gets hurt every day. It's April and we're FAABing pitchers from the minors as if they are the next saviors.
Taj Bradley has done well for fantast FAABers.
The problem with these kids is that their teams want to restrict innings.
The best way to do that is to have them skip starts or throw three or four innings in a minor league game.
It's a Catch-22 for FAABers. We need the new blood to infuse stats for our fantasy teams, but we know the well could dry up at a moments notice.
This fantasy thing is hard.

At no other time have I disagreed more with the crap that rotoblurbers have written this year.
They have all the answers...AFTER SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED.
Their job is easy.
If writing about a guy like Soto, it is easy to say that Soto will once again hit well.
If writing about a guy like Joey Gallo, it is easy to say that he'll be a batting average hindrance.
Blah blah blah.
We KNOW that shit, man!
Tell us that Thairo Estrada will be as good as he was last year.
Go against the grade and tell us that Chris Sale only has flashes of the old Chris Sale in him.
Tell us that Juan Soto has sucked.
Don't make excuses for him.
Ah, that reminds me.
You know who else has sucked and looks like he doesn't want to play this year?
Manny Machado. Watch him. He looks like Avi Garcia has just stolen his wife.
How can a player look so unhappy?
I don't get it.
But, it has carried over into his play.

Going back to pitchers...In my Main Event in Las Vegas, 63 pitchers were taken in the first 10 rounds.
13 have been hurt.
23 have listened have lived up to expectations or better.
27 have been meh.
Why do we drive up the price of pitching in drafts in March again?
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

gellin

Re: April

Post by gellin » Mon May 01, 2023 6:21 am

I know it's early but congrats on your fantastic start in DC! Good luck the rest of the way!

DOUGHBOYS

Re: April

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon May 01, 2023 11:31 pm

gellin wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 6:21 am
I know it's early but congrats on your fantastic start in DC! Good luck the rest of the way!
Thank you, Sir!
DCis a different animal. Attrition is the name of the game. So far, I have had the fortune of good health and players hitting and pitching a bit over their heads.
It sure is better than the opposite!
Thanks again.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!