Chicago League 3

RobG

Chicago League 3

Post by RobG » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:24 am

Originally posted by OTT:

Rob,

I forgot to ask you a question.

Are you a little nervous having Beltran and Wright together? After I drafted them together, I thought to myself...Maybe its not such a good idea having both of my top picks on the same team. I actually have D. Murphy playing the outfield also.

I didn't really want Beltran, but he was the best player available and he has 5-tool talent. Actually, no. I only looked at potential numbers and didn't worry as much about the teams. I wanted to do better on middle infield before my ghost drafter took over, but all in all I was happy with the squad. The Mets will score runs, so what isn't to like starting with Wright and Beltran.

As far as the teams, I really like how Team 5 is shaping up. I still think Reyes slipping was a steal and set him up nice the rest of the way.
Rob Giese

RobG

Chicago League 3

Post by RobG » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:27 am

Originally posted by headhunters:

back to baseball- guys are dropping like flys. i was drafting on line last week and a friend was helping me. 13 th round i am looking for a picher. what about baker he says? i knew i liked all the twins pitchers- but somehow baker wasn't on my rader. but i took him as " best available" add that to lyon, gallagher ( my breakout pitcher) and glaus- and off to nice start. but lyon always has sucked, gallagher always was wild and glaus was already pushing back his start date- so no one to blame but myself. the good news is- with 22 twins going on the dl today- maybe the sox can win a game this year in the metro-dome Every year I tell myself not to draft pitchers in the first 8 or 9 rounds because they are so delicate and then that sudden urge takes over and you have two injury concerns like Peavy and Lackey because you see "value". Next thing you know people are rostering Sidney Ponson and Livan Hernandez...you have to love fantasy baseball.
Rob Giese

RobG

Chicago League 3

Post by RobG » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:31 am

Hey Rob,

Did you go to Opening Day 3 years ago when it was snowing? That was crazy!

April 10th, if I make it that far, will be my 21st opening day in a row...seen some sunny ones and some awful ones.

Opening day when Comerica first opened was a snow/sleet mix and about 30 degrees...thank God for beer. You heading downtown on Saturday for the final four or will you be working to protect us?
Rob Giese

MichiganFantasyTeam

Chicago League 3

Post by MichiganFantasyTeam » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:30 am

Rob,

I won't be downtown for the game, just for work. Hopefully I can catch a glance of the game, but...yeah, I'll be working. As you probably already know, there are tents and t-shirt booths set up all over the place. I am actually looking out my window and they are putting up the tent at Ole Shalaylee's...I know its going to be tons of fun and great for the city!

I hope MSU can keep playing BIG, and I think they will have a great chance of an upset. Home-court advantage could help us also. I hope all 60,000 fans are MSU crazed lunitics.

As for opening day....that is some kind of streak. You and Ripken are neck and neck . Your still going and he quit, so congrats!

I will be taking my daughter to Opening Day so I hope this year is a nice one. Bring out the sun!
Over The Top

RobG

Chicago League 3

Post by RobG » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:53 am

Rob,

I won't be downtown for the game, just for work. Hopefully I can catch a glance of the game, but...yeah, I'll be working. As you probably already know, there are tents and t-shirt booths set up all over the place. I am actually looking out my window and they are putting up the tent at Ole Shalaylee's...I know its going to be tons of fun and great for the city!

I hope MSU can keep playing BIG, and I think they will have a great chance of an upset. Home-court advantage could help us also. I hope all 60,000 fans are MSU crazed lunitics.

As for opening day....that is some kind of streak. You and Ripken are neck and neck . Your still going and he quit, so congrats!

I will be taking my daughter to Opening Day so I hope this year is a nice one. Bring out the sun! Oh, I have to believe I will be visiting the Ole Shellegle now. Well enjoy the game and season.

Already a tough one...sounds like Ichiro is down now with an ulcer.
Rob Giese

Likewhat17

Chicago League 3

Post by Likewhat17 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:50 am

You guys better watch out for our $19 free agent acquisition Endy Chavez.. 5/13, 3 runs, 2 RBI and 2 Steals already

JamesH

Chicago League 3

Post by JamesH » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:52 am

Originally posted by Likewhat17:

You guys better watch out for our $19 free agent acquisition Endy Chavez.. 5/13, 3 runs, 2 RBI and 2 Steals already Are you really bragging about Endy Chavez?

headhunters

Chicago League 3

Post by headhunters » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:07 am

i think he was kidding and having fun. whoa tiger!

JamesH

Chicago League 3

Post by JamesH » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:58 pm

Originally posted by headhunters:

i think he was kidding and having fun. whoa tiger! I thought he might be. I wasn't sure though.

RobG

Chicago League 3

Post by RobG » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:26 am

Originally posted by Beezman:

quote:Originally posted by headhunters:

i think he was kidding and having fun. whoa tiger! I thought he might be. I wasn't sure though. [/QUOTE]In other news, Adam Lind will win MVP and Bartolo Colon will be the AL Cy Young.

Odd first week guys...nice to see the Shawon O's up there in the top 5...let's show them all that we have the toughest league around.
Rob Giese