New York NFBC League #2

Greg Ambrosius

New York NFBC League #2

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:25 am

Here is the draft order for New York NFBC League #2, with partners in parentheses:

1. Wilbur Soto

2. Christopher Fleming

3. Leonard Ringle

4. Eric Price (Nick Cassavetes)

5. Alexander Hayden

6. Michael Fishman

7. Mark Janik (Vito Luongo)

8. Michael Edelman (Mike Cuellar)

9. Brom Keifitz

10. Kevin Grady

11. John Hogan (Rafael Toro)

12. Lenny Diveglio

13. John Bolcato (John Kadubec)

14. Scott Renda (Dajan Prorokovic)

15. Andy Shane

Good luck everyone!!!
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

kgrady

New York NFBC League #2

Post by kgrady » Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:30 am

Drafting #10 ... hmmm ... will Carlos Febles still be on the board?
"Fear ... that's the other guy's problem!" - Lewis Winthorpe (Dan Akroyd) from Trading Places

Harlem Hangover

New York NFBC League #2

Post by Harlem Hangover » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:10 am

All's quite on our message board. i guess everyone is off doing research and getting ready. Good luck to all and see you guys sat!

kgrady

New York NFBC League #2

Post by kgrady » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:05 pm

So what are your thoughts on our draft? As any opinionated fan, there were picks that I disagreed with, either because the player was taken too early or that he was selected at all. There were other instances where a player went much earlier than I anticipated, but I liked the pick nonetheless. Austin Kearns comes to mind. He went about 5 rounds earlier than I expected, but I think he's going to have a damn good season.

I am generally pleased with my draft, although there are a few choices I might like to rethink. I probably took Morgan Ensberg too early, although he's a fine 3B. (It will be interesting to trace through the draft to see who went when.) My biggest mistake, however, was my failure to secure an annoited closer. I made the strategic decision prior to the draft not to use any early picks on the bullpen. I accepted the fact that I would not get a Gagne, Rivera, Wagner-type closer. I had anticipated the middle-tier guys like Benitez and Cordero lasting far longer than they did. By the time I was fairly satisfied with my offensive base, the last relatively "safe" closer (Shawn Chacon) was taken two picks before I was set to take him. I don't have much faith in anyone getting many saves in Detroit. I nearly hid my eyes and took Jose Mesa, but even he was gone before I had the nerve to take the plunge. As such, I had to get out my seining net and take a few flyers on closers-in-waiting ... Leskanic, Hasegawa and Carter. We'll have to see if I can pull a few rabbits ... er saves ... out of my hat with this bunch.

Kevin (Team # 10 - Red Sox fan)
"Fear ... that's the other guy's problem!" - Lewis Winthorpe (Dan Akroyd) from Trading Places

Cellar Dwellers

New York NFBC League #2

Post by Cellar Dwellers » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:47 pm

Saves in our league went quicker than in any of the other NY leagues. I had the same strategy this year as you and was going to be happy to get closers late like Baez, Nathan, Kolb, etc...but even guys like Looper, McDougal, & Biddle went early, so I knew I was going to have to re-adjust that strategy early and was happy to get Francisco Cordero,& Riske.

Hoosier Hick

New York NFBC League #2

Post by Hoosier Hick » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:58 pm

It was not just NY drafts that saw closers go early. IN league 1 in Chicago, I thought I took Rhodes a tad early in round 6 but he was the only closer I ended up with. They all went very early. Saves is a big area of concern with my team now.
"People ask me what I do in the winter. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby

Harlem Hangover

New York NFBC League #2

Post by Harlem Hangover » Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:12 am

Nice job by everyone at our draft.. We cruised through it.. I guess i'm pleased overall with my team.. I think i've got decent balance, but unfortunately not really any strengths.. i dont think being "in the middle" in all the categories will be enough to get it done.. I was surprised in our draft how we almost had a "pitching vs. hitting " scenario play out through the first 2 rounds.. I think 3 teams took 2 pitchers with thei first 2 picks, immediately taking all the "studs" off the board.. we'll see how it plays out..

Kg- i dont really think u took Ensberg too early.. he was being touted all over the place this year and if you didnt ttake him than, he probably would have never made it back to you..

Good luck toeveryone.. should be a great season and alot of fun