Chicago League 1 NFBC

Greg Ambrosius

Chicago League 1 NFBC

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:34 am

Here is the draft order and participants for NFBC Chicago League 1. The draft will begin promptly at noon CST at the Embassy Suites Chicago-O'Hare. Good luck everyone.

NFBC CHICAGO LEAGUE 1

League 1

1. Scott Masel

2. John Zimnoc

3. Joseph Monaco

4. George Kleemann

5. Scott Heidner

6. Douglas Lukas

7. Brent Grooms

8. Gerry Scotto di Marco

9. Phillip McDonald

10. Jason Aberli

11. Parnelli Baker

12. Dave Gawron

13. Steve Keiran

14. Robert Migliozzi

15. John Swol
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Plymouth

Chicago League 1 NFBC

Post by Plymouth » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:32 pm

I look forward to meeting all of you at the draft, should be fun!

Plymouth

Chicago League 1 NFBC

Post by Plymouth » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:53 pm

Had a great time at the draft and am now looking to play some BALL!

Diamond Dogs

Chicago League 1 NFBC

Post by Diamond Dogs » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:56 am

Hey Guys, it seems as though Chicago #1 is a pretty quiet league. Let's try to change that:

What do you think of your teams as well as others in our league?

Here's mine:

C- Loduca

C- Zaun

1B- Helton

2B- Uribe

SS- Nomar

3B- Huff

MI- O. Cabrera

CI- D. Wright

U- M. Kotsay

OF- C. Lee

OF- R. Hidalgo

OF- J. Cruz

OF- C. Wilson

OF- R. Winn

Bench:

N. Logan

C. Barmes

B. Ausmus

Pitching:

K. Benson

K. Escobar

J. Pineiro

A. Harang

R. Lopez

M. Redman

D. Baez

L. Hawkins

G. Rusch

Bench:

W. Ledezman

K. Gregg

S. Etherton

S. Torres

Alot of position versatility, I think you guys are gonna have trouble competing with our bats and if the speculative pitching staff realizes their upside, the DOGS could be tough. You might be asking later in the season...............

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT! :cool:

Looking forward to seeing some of you others post your teams for all to review.

Good Luck Guys,

Diamond Dogs

Chicago 1 Pick 6

Royal Pain

Chicago League 1 NFBC

Post by Royal Pain » Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:14 am

Who let the dogs in? I like your bats too. Your pitching has more upside than mine, but I think we may both need some FA arms to help out during the season. Actually, I'd like to simply trade out my entire staff. I specifically remembered not to smoke crack before the draft, but who could tell looking at my rotation? Man does 15 rounds go deep. Royal Pain:

1b,3b,Cr: Ortiz, Chipper, Nevin

2b,ss,Md: Figgins, Rollins, Vidro

OF: Beltran, P.Wilson, G.Jenkins,

J.Reed, Werth

Ut: Uguchi

c: Santiago, Ross

sp: Beckett, Kasmir, Wolf, Wells,

C.Lee, Contreras

rp: Izzy, Graves, Gordon

bench: Worrell, JuanGone, Speir, Tehan,

R.Hernandez and Calvin Pickering.

Plymouth

Chicago League 1 NFBC

Post by Plymouth » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:38 am

C - Joe Mauer

C - Miguel Olivo

1B - Mark Tiexiera

2B - Brian Roberts

SS - Carlos Guillen

3B - Mike Lowell

OF - Miguel Cabrera

OF - Torii Hunter

OF - Mike Cameron

OF - Eric Brynes

OF - Cliff Floyd

DH - Frank Thomas

MI - Omar Vizquel

CI - Nick Johnson

SP - Jake Peavy

SP - Kerry Wood

SP - Brad Radke

SP - CC Sabathia

SP - Brabdon Backe

SP - Danny Haren

SP - Jamie Moyer

RP - Mariano Rivera

RP - Bob Wickman

Bench - Nick Swisher, Jeff Conine, Edgardo Alfonzo, JJ Hardy, Luis Rivas, Doug Mientkiewicz, JC Romero

Diamond Dogs

Chicago League 1 NFBC

Post by Diamond Dogs » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:26 am

sp: Beckett, Kasmir, Wolf, Wells,

C.Lee, Contreras You may be right Royal: Beckett hasn't made a full season without extended DL time in 3 seasons. Hope for the best with C. Lee and watch the FAAB closely.

Mine is very ERA/K shaky in my opinion. Looking for good health and GOOD LUCK.

Good Luck

Dogs

Diamond Dogs

Chicago League 1 NFBC

Post by Diamond Dogs » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:32 am

Bats:

SP - Danny Haren

I can safely say at this point, I hope Haren has a lousy season since you didn't let me get him :mad:

SP - Kerry Wood Good Luck with his health. If he pitches, he'll do well for you.

OF - Cliff Floyd

DH - Frank Thomas Health is definitely going to be an issue with the two above.

Best of Luck to you.

Dogs

Royal Pain

Chicago League 1 NFBC

Post by Royal Pain » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:52 am

Hey Plymouth, Calvin Pickering says hey. I see your team favors your Twinkies, which I guess is better than favoring Royals. Alright guys, during the draft I was curious, afterward I pondered, now I'm slightly obsessing about RippA’z Zimnox’s draft strategy. Barring injury, he should have the staff to come close to sweeping our league pitching stats (I say close b/c Thunder Road hogged closers). I think if we assigned the team to Ron Shandler, he would probably turn green, start twitching and keel over before our eyes. Here is my question - - and perhaps using RippA’z lineup only as an example because I didn’t ask what his strategy was, maybe he just likes strikeouts - - what do you guys think about trying to lock down 4 to 5 pitching categories (top 5-10%?) out of 300 teams? While a staff like that is probably overkill simply in terms of a 15 team league, is it possible to go overboard trying to lock down 4+ categories among 300? I would assume that nearly all of the other 299 teams paid more attention to offense, similar to our league, so maybe this contrarian strategy from the pitching perspective seems to have fewer obstacles. For example, even if my1st 10 picks were the absolute best position players available at each pick (which I have proved incapable of doing), I could predict a very strong offense but it would be hard to predict domination over the other 299 teams on offense since the other 14 teams in our league were also taking premier batters during the same rounds at a higher rate than pitchers, and there are probably a ton of other teams overall that also selected at least 7-9 batters to begin their draft. The more I think about it, the more I like it for competing against 300. By the way RippA’z, I enjoyed sitting next to you at the draft and have checked out your leaderboardsports.com. Good stuff. Which NFBC team belongs to Meatloaf? Ok, so what was your strategy now that the draft is past us?

Plymouth

Chicago League 1 NFBC

Post by Plymouth » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:11 pm

Actually my strategy going in was taking the best player available from a hitting perspective while staying competitive in the pitching categories. My one rule was not to take a SP first after I got burned taking Prior first last year. I have always preached pitchers are to unrelaiable from year to year and I broke my own rule last year and paid the price. My team is a bit Twins heavy I know but I really like Mauer and Hunter can give me some power and speed which I don't have a lot of. Radke is a solid pitcher albeit with few K's. The rest, Romero and Rivas are just bench players that won't be with me long unless they start out hot.

Royal Pain

Chicago League 1 NFBC

Post by Royal Pain » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:05 am

Yeah Plymouth, I really like your balance. If Guillen, Byrnes and Johnson hit their potential, you will really be rocking. 15th is a goofy place to draft from, trying to predict the next 30 picks and possible runs, and you handled it as well as I've seen.

Plymouth

Chicago League 1 NFBC

Post by Plymouth » Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:21 am

Thank you CSM, I appreciate the kind words. I am just ready to get this ball rolling and see where it takes us. I could be starting a little slow with a couple of my pitchers slated to miss a turn or two. Good luck to you!