NFBC Chicago League 4

JAR

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by JAR » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:04 am

Team 12 here...

C Joe Mauer - didn't plan to take a C early but 11th round is too late for this guy

C Koyie Hill - I think he has the job.. maybe

1B Jason Giambi - 14th round I will gamble on

a masher in the middle of the NYY lineup

2B Alfonso Soriano - not too happy about his bum hammy.. I need his steals badly!

SS Omar Vizquel - I liked him better with Barry bashing behind

3B Russ Branyan - ouch.. guess I missed the bus on 3B

MI Chase Utley - probably took him 2 rounds too early, but once you target a guy..

CI Matt Stairs - hopefully he gets AB's in KC

OF Sammy Sosa - Please stay healthy!

OF Vernon Wells - says he's gonna run more.. that's good enuff for me

OF Lance Berkman - another risk, but a once May rolls around I have a nice 3rd OF

OF Ken Griffey Jr. - (see Sosa)

OF Brady Clark - this pick prompted someone to say "who's Brady Clark?" Funny stuff..

UT Frank Thomas - I think I missplaced my 2005 cheatsheet with my 95 cheat sheet

P Pedro Martinez - I would have taken Rolen here .. I targeted Schmidt.. but team 13 damn you nabbed him right before me

P Roy Oswalt - 3rd round he was the highest player on my draft board.. so I ignore the experts and take a 2nd early SP

P Mark Prior - hell why the F not... I'm already 2 deep in frontline SP.. might as well take the gamble here

P Fransisco Cordero - Here's hoping his shoulder holds up

P BJ Ryan - I almost dont' care if he closes or not, because if he doesn't.. that's 40-50 mroe K's in MR

P Jeremy Affledt - Why do you people care so much about how to pronounce a players name? AFLLLLLLLLACK

P Brad Penny - Decent value in the 16th (i thought)

P Mike Gonzalez - KKKKKKKKKKKKKKK's

P JJ Putz - Damnit.. looks like Guardardo might start the season.. I was hoping to "vulture" as one owner put it

R Craig Monroe - This is probably my best pick of the draft... in the 20th round.

R Brandon Lyon - I have no faith in Aquino

R Juan Gonzalez - Another name scratched off my cheat sheet from 95

R Ken Harvey - I see fat people..

R Ryan Howard - God I hope the phils move this guy to a team who needs a 1B (Dodgers aheeeeeeeeeeeem)

R Ryan Madson - I have affinity for men named Ryan

R Ryan Wagner - uhh huh

Good luck to all this year...

JAR

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by JAR » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:25 am

Originally posted by coops:

Team 2 100 pts

Team 14 93 pts

Team 7 92 pts

Team 1 89 pts

Team 3 87 pts

Team 13 86 pts

Team 6 85 pts

Team 10 83 pts

Team 5 80 pts

Team 11 78 pts

Team 15 72 pts

Team 4 67 pts

Team 12 67 pts

Team 8 64 pts

Team 9 57 pts

Remember, don't shoot the messenger. [/QB]God I love being an underdog.. that's Ok.. I'm going to get a .380/55/140/20 season from Craig Monroe and that should be good nuff to move me to the top

Head 2 Head

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Head 2 Head » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:40 am

JAR - Did you know minor league numbers on Rehab assignments don't count? Or did I miss something? Side Bet - your (drafted) teams days on the DL exceed your HR + SB. On the upside your production per PA will be near the top - you better hope for Sunday injuries so you can get a replacements in.

As a Tiger fan it would be great to get those numbers from Monroe .380/55/140/20 unless you mean SLG%/K's/AB/Hits.
"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." - Winston Churchill

JAR

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by JAR » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:13 pm

JAR - Did you know minor league numbers on Rehab assignments don't count? LOL nice one

Or did I miss something? Side Bet - your (drafted) teams days on the DL exceed your HR + SB.

Done.. name the amount...

On the upside your production per PA will be near the top - you better hope for Sunday injuries so you can get a replacements in.

Exactly.... sometimes I think fantasy owners focus too much on "players" rather than stats. I mean if I can get 120-130 games out of Griffey/Gonzalez/Thomas/Giambi I'm going to get some nice production out of those positions. (as long as they all don't hit the DL at the same time)

As a Tiger fan :D it would be great to get those numbers from Monroe quote: .380/55/140/20 unless you mean SLG%/K's/AB/Hits.

[/QUOTE]Heh.. avg/hr/rbi/sb baybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Fantasy Jungle

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Fantasy Jungle » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:05 am

If you guys are looking for an additional contest, we still have 2 draft dates left in ours, Wed and next Saturday. Its an online draft that is points style instead of 5 x 5. We'd love to have you. www.fantasyjungle.com

As far as Craig Monroe goes, isnt he still platooning in center? Last I heard he was going to play CF on the road, and the Tigers were looking for someone else to play there at home. I could be wrong, but that was as of a week ago.

Dominic

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Dominic » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:09 am

Pre-season Awards

Best Catchers - #10 (Pudge, Inge)

Best Corners - #7 (Helton, Figgins, Teixiera)

Best Middles - #14 (Nomar, Jeter, B.Giles)

Best Outfield - #6 (Abreu, Sheff, Godzilla, Burnitz, E Chavez)

Best Rotation - #12 (Pedro, Oswalt, Prior, R.Lopez, Penny) *if healthy*

Best Bullpen - #1 (Gagne, Lidge, Otsuka, Rincon)

Most Power - #8 (8 starters that could hit 30 dingers)

Fastest - #2 (Beltran, Reyes, Bartlett, Miles)

Dominic

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Dominic » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:10 am

Pre-season Awards

Best Catchers - #10 (Pudge, Inge)

Best Corners - #7 (Helton, Figgins, Teixiera)

Best Middles - #14 (Nomar, Jeter, M.Giles)

Best Outfield - #6 (Abreu, Sheff, Godzilla, Burnitz, E Chavez)

Best Rotation - #12 (Pedro, Oswalt, Prior, R.Lopez, Penny) *if healthy*

Best Bullpen - #1 (Gagne, Lidge, Otsuka, Rincon)

Most Power - #8 (8 starters that could hit 30 dingers)

Fastest - #2 (Beltran, Reyes, Bartlett, Miles)