NFBC Chicago League 4

Dominic

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Dominic » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:09 am

Jungle,

My Bad.

I checked with my wife to see if I actually do mumble in my sleep...she said that last night, I woke her up at 3 AM to tell her that me and my three friends; Albert, Carlos, and Alex were all going on a balloon ride to Oregon to meet the Governor, where we would all be competing in the Northwest Paintball Classic.

Fantasy Jungle

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Fantasy Jungle » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:22 am

Originally posted by Dominic:

Jungle,

My Bad.

I checked with my wife to see if I actually do mumble in my sleep...she said that last night, I woke her up at 3 AM to tell her that me and my three friends; Albert, Carlos, and Alex were all going on a balloon ride to Oregon to meet the Governor, where we would all be competing in the Northwest Paintball Classic. :D

Just as long as you dont take your 5 friends Vladimar, Johan, and Miguel, Randy, and Bobby with you, we can live with that!

King of Queens

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by King of Queens » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:32 pm

Originally posted by Fantasy Jungle:

quote:Originally posted by Dominic:

Jungle,

My Bad.

I checked with my wife to see if I actually do mumble in my sleep...she said that last night, I woke her up at 3 AM to tell her that me and my three friends; Albert, Carlos, and Alex were all going on a balloon ride to Oregon to meet the Governor, where we would all be competing in the Northwest Paintball Classic. :D

Just as long as you dont take your 5 friends Vladimar, Johan, and Miguel, Randy, and Bobby with you, we can live with that!
[/QUOTE]There's always Carl...

Cellar Dwellers

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Cellar Dwellers » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:31 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:

quote:Originally posted by Fantasy Jungle:

quote:Originally posted by Dominic:

Jungle,

My Bad.

[/QUOTE]There's always Carl...
[/QUOTE]Don't even put Carl in the same category as those other guys...

seefer

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by seefer » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:20 pm

Yeah, Carl doesn't need no stinking balloon ride!!! He prefers to run! :D

Fantasy Jungle

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Fantasy Jungle » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:14 am

Nice meeting everyone at the draft, best of luck to everyone this season.

It was great having our draft fly by as well.

Greenlight30

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Greenlight30 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:27 am

Nice meeting everyone also...I forgot to tell you guys at the draft that I'm in the JUNGLE as well. GL.

JAR

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by JAR » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:55 pm

WHich team were you Fantasy Jungle man?

Anyone have a draft recap?

Cooperstown

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Cooperstown » Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:16 pm

I can't believe I didn't come to these posts before the draft. Great stuff. I'm working on a classic lines and scenes from movies DVD and I already got 3 new ideas.

-"we don't need no stinkin' badges"

-"i see dead people"

-the scene in Other People's Money where Divito gives his Gordon Gecko speech in front of the shareholders

I'm sorry I didn't mingle more but because the draft flew by so fast I missed quite a few picks and had to go over each team.

Yes, I was Mr. Laptop picking 7th and do have every teams rosters and projected stats loaded. If this mb will allow it, I'll attach it in the morning.

seefer

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by seefer » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:18 pm

"What we got here... is a failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week. Which is the way he wants it... Well he gets it. Now I don't like it anymore than you men."

Had alot of fun at the draft. It was nice to meet some of you and it will be even more fun to compete during the season.

Don't take too much from the so called projections... It is a long season and there will be alot of turn over on each roster.

Good luck all.

Cooperstown

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Cooperstown » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:28 pm

Cool Hand Luke. That one I got already. Thanks.

And you couldn't be more right about the projected stats. I just have them because it's easy to move into a standings format, and it's fun to compare. No doubt the leagues are won by the quality and timing of transactions, and a little luck. Though a poor draft can keep you from winning no matter what.

JAR

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by JAR » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:25 am

coop.. if you can email me the draft results.. i'd appreciate it.

[email protected]

Thanks!

Cooperstown

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Cooperstown » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:55 am

I'm sure the teams/rosters will all be input this week, and I don't have time to copy and paste all the rosters, but I do have the projected standings if no one makes any transactions for the entire season.

Team 2 100 pts

Team 14 93 pts

Team 7 92 pts

Team 1 89 pts

Team 3 87 pts

Team 13 86 pts

Team 6 85 pts

Team 10 83 pts

Team 5 80 pts

Team 11 78 pts

Team 15 72 pts

Team 4 67 pts

Team 12 67 pts

Team 8 64 pts

Team 9 57 pts

Remember, don't shoot the messenger.

Dominic

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Dominic » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:16 am

Yo Coops,

If you could shoot me your draft results I would appreciate it.

[email protected]

Thanks!

Good luck to all. The draft was a gas.

Head 2 Head

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Head 2 Head » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:50 am

Coops - I was all star Jersey (#13). I believe JAR was drafting 12 and seeker 14. You are the guy that got Dunn with the two big 1B? I liked Dunn alot. In a trade league I would be all over him - had him ranked #15 overall and was hoping for third or fourth round deal. Based on that pick alone you are going 15 in HR. Where does your projections put you? Please call out everyones weakness in your points standings. I am thinking mine is BA (under 3)and to win I agree that my team needs to outperform your BA projection. Would you share your projected numbers? I think I posted somewhere that you drafted a good team - I must have mistaken you for someone else. ;)
"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." - Winston Churchill

Cooperstown

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Cooperstown » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:47 am

Originally posted by Head 2 Head:

Coops - I was all star Jersey (#13). I believe JAR was drafting 12 and seeker 14. You are the guy that got Dunn with the two big 1B? I liked Dunn alot. In a trade league I would be all over him - had him ranked #15 overall and was hoping for third or fourth round deal. Based on that pick alone you are going 15 in HR. Where does your projections put you? Please call out everyones weakness in your points standings. I am thinking mine is BA (under 3)and to win I agree that my team needs to outperform your BA projection. Would you share your projected numbers? I think I posted somewhere that you drafted a good team - I must have mistaken you for someone else. ;) If you post your email I'll send you the spreadsheet. And I do have you straight now. You and Chad (no. 10) came up back to back and I knew one of you told me you were Head to Head, I just couldn't remember which one. I remember your jacket and comments and was wanting more social time. I wasn't prepared for the speed of our draft and I had to catch up on my laptop.

Projections have you 2nd in K's, 4th in wins, whip and saves (nice) and 7th in era and sb's. Ave, rbi and runs are 13, 11th and 13th respectively.

Projected leaders in each category:

ave 15 .289

HR 6 309

RBI 6 1188

run 9 1150

SB 9 179

win 5 118

sav 2 119

k's 5 1386

era 12 3.278

whip 12 1.213

agd

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by agd » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:39 am

coops could you send us the spreadsheet.

[email protected] (team 3#)

Thanks!

Greenlight30

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Greenlight30 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:24 pm

[email protected] if you send it...thanks!

Cooperstown

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Cooperstown » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:33 pm

Originally posted by Greenlight30:

[email protected] if you send it...thanks! what team # are you?

seefer

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by seefer » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:00 pm

coops - Could you send me a copy of the draft? I prefer 3 x 5 cards (lol). Don't worry, I'll laminate them myself. :D

Seriously, I was team #14. Spreadsheet would be great. You da man.

[email protected]

Cooperstown

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Cooperstown » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:16 pm

Originally posted by seefer:

coops - Could you send me a copy of the draft? I prefer 3 x 5 cards (lol). Don't worry, I'll laminate them myself. :D

Seriously, I was team #14. Spreadsheet would be great. You da man.

[email protected] Will get it to you in the a.m. from work. But what is that email handle? Reminds me of a song I just can't place. Is it, "u hoh u, rset baby".

seefer

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by seefer » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:26 pm

uh oh you are set baby.

It's my username on yahoo. I like to play Euchre and if you aren't familiar with the game... a team gets 2 points for "setting" or stopping the other team from getting 3 of the 5 tricks.

For some reason when I signed on with Yahoo for email, they just stuck the name to my email and I have just run with it. I suppose I could put [email protected] but where's the fun in that?

Cooperstown

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Cooperstown » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:54 pm

Every time I visit relatives in the midwest we play that game. 9's thru A's and jacks are trump. Great game. I knew something was familiar. I guess seturassbaby was taken.

Fantasy Jungle

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Fantasy Jungle » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:53 pm

Good to see so many people from our league active on the board.

Coops, thanks for running those stats. Interesting stuff.....We ve also got a celebrity on our hands in Seefer. Thats Razor Shines from last year right? He almost won it, so we have all got our work cut out for us.

Head 2 Head

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Head 2 Head » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:32 am

Chi 4 - Pick #13 Gary Cutler (All-Star Jersey)

It is good to see all the posts - I came here to 1) Win the $100,000 2) Beat Aaron 3) talk Bball with other sick minds. It looks like I was in the right league for all three.

I pretty much got the bets I wanted - guess I should have set higher standards.

Expos + In Memorial +

Staff

SP1 Schmidt Pick #18

SP2 Ol Perez Pick #48

SP3 Escobar

SP4 Eaton (Following Peavy path?)

SP5 Padilla

SP6 Contreras (Away from NY)

Saves

RP1 Billy Wagner Pick #43 (3rd - too early)

RP2 Mota

RP3 Troy P (Needed a Hometown Tiger)

Bench

DL Wade Miller - Too much talent to let slip past 300.

SP7 Edwin Jackson

RP4 Fuentes

1st Drop Kim

Outfield

OF1 Manny pick #13 overall

OF2 Patterson 5th round

OF3 A Jones 6th round

OF5 Klesko

OF4 D. Roberts/ Hawpe Speed/Power(COORS bet)

Infield

DH Durazo (Hate drafting a DH)

1B Bagwell (I had a flashback to 1994)

2B D'A Jimmenz(Dunn was my #15 overall and this was part of that bet)

SS Angel(2003 AL ROY - My small town bet)

3B Hinske(2002 AL ROY - Already looking to WW)

CI Josh Phelps, Nick Johnson, and Choi (Need a Sleeper or 3 to win)

MI Chris Burke (Safest rookie bet)

C1 Piazza(Beltran/Young Mets Bet)

C2 Laird(Tex #3 catcher-BA is already LOW)

Haven't really looked at any of your teams but feel good about mine. It is great to still be in first.
"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." - Winston Churchill