NFBC Chicago League 4

Greg Ambrosius

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:41 am

Here is the draft order for NFBC Chicago League 4, which will begin promptly at noon on Saturday, March 19th at the Embassy Suites Chicago-O'Hare. Good luck everyone.

NFBC CHICAGO LEAGUE 4

1. Dominic Cirigliano

2. Mike Williams

3. Sharon Williams

4. Bruce Lev

5. Adam Koplan

6. Joseph Novak

7. Jeff Cooper

8. John Piontek

9. Sandi Kleeman

10. Chad Meyer

11. Samuel Price

12. Jason Root

13. Gary Cutler

14. Aaron Seefeldt

15. Richard Lepow
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

superpion

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by superpion » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:55 am

Okay, since no one else from the league has jumped on board with this league message board, I will be the first:

Good luck to all of you and let the smack talk begin!

superpion

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by superpion » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:57 am

Not to give away too much strategy, but I'm thinking of taking Beltran in the 1st round and Guerrero in the 2nd round. Do you think that would be a bad idea to go OF-OF like that.... :D

Gordon Gekko

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:40 am

Originally posted by superpion:

Not to give away too much strategy, but I'm thinking of taking Beltran in the 1st round and Guerrero in the 2nd round. Do you think that would be a bad idea to go OF-OF like that.... :D john - i like that strategy. will you be hurt if it doesn't happen though?

King of Queens

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by King of Queens » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:42 am

Originally posted by superpion:

Not to give away too much strategy, but I'm thinking of taking Beltran in the 1st round and Guerrero in the 2nd round. Do you think that would be a bad idea to go OF-OF like that.... :D Sure, why not?

In the first round, take your pick of Rigo Beltran or Francis Beltran. In the second, go with Wilton Guerrero to complete your strategy.

Fantasy Jungle

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Fantasy Jungle » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:16 pm

Im just happy to have an early pick for once. Im thinking about taking Ladanian Tomlinson, Ive always wanted to be able to say that at a draft. :D

Fantasy Jungle

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Fantasy Jungle » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:19 pm

I know we pick 2nd, so we wont hold out so you guys know who you wont be able to take. We have narrowed it down to Rick Mahler, Steve Bedrosian, or Von Hayes.

King of Queens

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by King of Queens » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:36 pm

Originally posted by Fantasy Jungle:

I know we pick 2nd, so we wont hold out so you guys know who you wont be able to take. We have narrowed it down to Rick Mahler, Steve Bedrosian, or Von Hayes. Mike, will Gordon have the final say on which of those three you select?

seefer

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by seefer » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:14 pm

Hello all. Pick #14 here. I look forward to meeting you at the draft. :cool:

Fantasy Jungle

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Fantasy Jungle » Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:05 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:

Mike, will Gordon have the final say on which of those three you select? KOQ,

How can I keep being suspected as the alias for Gordon Gekko when really I am just a WR from USC trying to make his way back onto the field. Im glad this draft didnt conflict with the real NFL draft, so I could make it in person.

Hint- if you click on the link at the bottom, you can read my bio on that page. But then again maybe its all made up. Maybe Im really a commodoties trader that moonlights on the message boards as someone who has a deep affinity for Michael Douglass.

I mean you've got your own TV show and just starred in the movie Hitch. Gekko is married to Catherine Zeta Jones. Im slated to go in the top 10 of this year's draft. I mean, who really is who. Is everyone's name a smokescreen or is it real, who knows.

If you really want to know the truth, all 15 in this league are soldiers in the Gerdon Gekko army. He is bussing us all to Chicago on Friday night from a small "VILLAGE" in Pennsylvania via a public school bus that he splurged on and rented from his football winnings. I think everyone is getting a bag lunch and $10 per diem for the day. Even John "Superpions" Piontek is not really carpooling in from Milwaukee, as he is on the passengert manifest in from Pennsylvania, that was just a smokescreen to throw people off. We actually all live in that town "The Village" and we havent been outside of the compound since the NFFC draft. We used to live on a big farm, but aliens started putting crop"SIGNS" on our farm, so we had to move. We are supposed to be given individual instructions on who to draft when we get on the bus. I guess the team that is stacked will be the one that will in time, be the one that will be revealed as the real Gordon Gekko team, the rest of us are all just brainwashed shills. Thats why I was asking if I should draft Steve Bedrosian or Von Hayes. I was reprimended shortly thereafter by management and told to not talk about our picks, or anything else that we see in the outside world. I only mentioned Rick Mahler because he was the last player I saw in person before he developed "THE 6TH SENSE" and now he's walking around dead thinking he's still alive.

King of Queens

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by King of Queens » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:07 am

quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:

Mike, will Gordon have the final say on which of those three you select? KOQ,

How can I keep being suspected as the alias for Gordon Gekko when really I am just a WR from USC trying to make his way back onto the field. Im glad this draft didnt conflict with the real NFL draft, so I could make it in person.

Hint- if you click on the link at the bottom, you can read my bio on that page. But then again maybe its all made up. Maybe Im really a commodoties trader that moonlights on the message boards as someone who has a deep affinity for Michael Douglass.

I mean you've got your own TV show and just starred in the movie Hitch. Gekko is married to Catherine Zeta Jones. Im slated to go in the top 10 of this year's draft. I mean, who really is who. Is everyone's name a smokescreen or is it real, who knows.

If you really want to know the truth, all 15 in this league are soldiers in the Gerdon Gekko army. He is bussing us all to Chicago on Friday night from a small "VILLAGE" in Pennsylvania via a public school bus that he splurged on and rented from his football winnings. I think everyone is getting a bag lunch and $10 per diem for the day. Even John "Superpions" Piontek is not really carpooling in from Milwaukee, as he is on the passengert manifest in from Pennsylvania, that was just a smokescreen to throw people off. We actually all live in that town "The Village" and we havent been outside of the compound since the NFFC draft. We used to live on a big farm, but aliens started putting crop"SIGNS" on our farm, so we had to move. We are supposed to be given individual instructions on who to draft when we get on the bus. I guess the team that is stacked will be the one that will in time, be the one that will be revealed as the real Gordon Gekko team, the rest of us are all just brainwashed shills. Thats why I was asking if I should draft Steve Bedrosian or Von Hayes. I was reprimended shortly thereafter by management and told to not talk about our picks, or anything else that we see in the outside world. I only mentioned Rick Mahler because he was the last player I saw in person before he developed "THE 6TH SENSE" and now he's walking around dead thinking he's still alive. [/QUOTE]At least three LOL's in this post. Nicely done.

Did you forget to mention how your team would be UNBREAKABLE?

[ March 14, 2005, 06:10 AM: Message edited by: King of Queens ]

Dominic

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Dominic » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:31 am

KOQ,

Sorry if this messes up your draft, but I have it narrowed down to these four... Bedrosian & Von Hayes (obviously), Joe Charboneau, and Cookie Rojas. If I had to pick today...I would probably go with Hayes.

Good Luck, see ya Saturday

Dom

Pick #1

Chicago - League #4

Fantasy Jungle

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Fantasy Jungle » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:20 am

Did you forget to mention how your team would be UNBREAKABLE?Nice one. I am thinking of wearing a purple crushed velvet suit with an 80s Bobby Brown escalator fade hairdue to the draft to look like Samuel Jackson and have those same sort of powers as in UNBREAKABLE.

Fantasy Jungle

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Fantasy Jungle » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:21 am

Originally posted by Dominic:

KOQ,

Sorry if this messes up your draft, but I have it narrowed down to these four... Bedrosian & Von Hayes (obviously), Joe Charboneau, and Cookie Rojas. If I had to pick today...I would probably go with Hayes.

Good Luck, see ya Saturday

Dom

Pick #1

Chicago - League #4 Dom,

Any insight on to who the first pick in League 4 is going to be?

King of Queens

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by King of Queens » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:44 am

quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:

Did you forget to mention how your team would be UNBREAKABLE?Nice one. I am thinking of wearing a purple crushed velvet suit with an 80s Bobby Brown escalator fade hairdue to the draft to look like Samuel Jackson and have those same sort of powers as in UNBREAKABLE. [/QUOTE]Samuel Jackson had powers in "Unbreakable"? I thought he was just a mass murderer that broke his bones all the time.

It's been years since I've seen it, so I could be mistaken.

Fantasy Jungle

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Fantasy Jungle » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:34 am

I only saw it once when it came out, but didnt he shake Bruce Willis's hand at the end and it allowed Willis to see everything he had did? Willis was the one wielding superhuman strength, but I think Jackson developed his own powers at some point after being crippled as a kid, hence the handshake.

I do know that the whole theme of that movie was good vs. evil and it was subliminally set against the world of a comic book, so when you look at in hindsight, that is why everything was like it was, including his outfit. He was the villain, Willis was the all american, blue collar hero. Also at the beginning of the movie, it had some sort of quote from a comic book or something along those lines. When it came on, you were like what the hell does this have to do with anything, but at the end, it made sense.

Ok Im going to go now before I become a comic book dork and start looking for the 1st issue of Spiderman somewhere. I have enough unhealthy hobbies already, I dont need another one.

King of Queens

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by King of Queens » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:52 am

I only saw it once when it came out, but didnt he shake Bruce Willis's hand at the end and it allowed Willis to see everything he had did? Willis was the one wielding superhuman strength, but I think Jackson developed his own powers at some point after being crippled as a kid, hence the handshake.Looks like we're both going by memory here, but I'm pretty sure I'm right about this. Willis had superhuman strength, but he also had the ability to see the evil things that people were doing (but only when he touched them). That's why he was intentionally bumping into people when performing duties as a stadium security guard. At the end of the movie, when Samuel Jackson says "I think it's time for us to shake hands," it's the first time they actually touch each other.

A silly movie, but I enjoy the conversation. Look forward to keeping up with you and Gordon this season.

Dominic

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Dominic » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:03 am

KOQ,

I have no clue.

I have changed my mind three times already....I fear that it will be a draft day decision.

Fantasy Jungle

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Fantasy Jungle » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:47 am

KOQ,

I think you are right. That makes more sense.

Dominic,

Im confused, Im asking you questions, but Im not KOQ. :D ...In fact, I dont even know who is in this league. KOQ, are you in this league, I thought you would be in a NYC league?

If you have changed your mind 3 times, then I can probably guess the 3-5 players you are considering, as we have the same dilemma. We may try and call you in the middle of the night disguised as room service to see if you talk in your sleep and spit out your pick.

King of Queens

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by King of Queens » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:02 pm

In fact, I dont even know who is in this league. KOQ, are you in this league, I thought you would be in a NYC league?New York League 4, but I enjoy travelling around the boards.

Mike, weren't you originally scheduled for Vegas? Why the switch? Wait, I think I already know the answer.

I will be keeping a close eye on this particular league--for a number of reasons.

Gordon Gekko

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:52 pm

Out here in the fields

I fought for my meals

I get my back into my living

I don't need to fight

To prove I'm right

I don't need to be forgiven

Don't cry

Don't raise your eye

It's only teenage wasteland

King of Queens

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by King of Queens » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:02 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

Out here in the fields

I fought for my meals

I get my back into my living

I don't need to fight

To prove I'm right

I don't need to be forgiven

Don't cry

Don't raise your eye

It's only teenage wasteland That was the football team name, Gordon. Are you trying to draw two Aces of Spades out of the same deck? :D

Gordon Gekko

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:14 pm

And now I rub my eyes for he has returned.

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned.

For he still smiles. And he's still strong.

Nothing's changed but the surrounding bullchit. That has grown.

And now he's home and we're laughing like we always did my same old, same old friend.

Until a quarter to ten. I saw the strain creep in.

He seems distracted and I know just what is going to happen next.

Fantasy Jungle

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Fantasy Jungle » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:50 pm

quote:Originally posted by Fantasy Jungle:

In fact, I dont even know who is in this league. KOQ, are you in this league, I thought you would be in a NYC league?New York League 4, but I enjoy travelling around the boards.

Mike, weren't you originally scheduled for Vegas? Why the switch? Wait, I think I already know the answer.

I will be keeping a close eye on this particular league--for a number of reasons.
[/QUOTE]No man, Im glad you are dropping by, I just wasnt sure what league you were in even though you think Im Buddy Fox and in cahoots with Gekko. Ive actually been calling Gekko for 200 straight days trying to get him to allow me to draft one of his fantasy teams, just so I could yell out Marv, I bagged the elephant. I even brought him a box of his favorite cigars through a connection I have at the airport. In fact, we were all hoping to take a Blue Star Airline charter to the draft, but Gekko wouldnt spend more than the cost of the school bus for travel, so all 15 of us are still coming up that way.

To answer your question thoguh, we were originally going to go to Vegas but some stuff came up. Our online drafts start next week for the contest we run, so it was just better to stay somewhere safe like Chicago where we know we will make it back in one piece, as compared to Vegas.

Im really bummed though because being in Vegas for March Madness is awesome. Its definately the most fun time of the year Ive ever had out there before....Im going to the NCAA games on Thursday in Cleveland though this year so that should be fun as well.

Unfortunately, I cant stay for Saturdays games as Gekko has us all on a strict curfew for the bus ride up to Chicago. Its going to be a long day, but such is the life of a brainwashed shill.

Gordon Gekko

NFBC Chicago League 4

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:26 pm

jungle - this thread has some of the funniest stuff i've ever read on this MB. well done!