New York NFBC League 4

Greg Ambrosius

New York NFBC League 4

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:10 am

Here is the draft order for New York NFBC League 4, which will be held at the New York Hilton on Saturday, March 19th starting promptly at 1 p.m. Good luck to everyone.

NEW YORK NFBC LEAGUE 4

1. James S. Hogan

2. Mark Janik

3. John Melchiore

4. Matthew Ross

5. Glenn Schroter

6. Pete Lukowicz

7. Ray Murphy

8. Korey Gardner

9. Matt Hickok

10. Greg Paley

11. Jake Rie

12. Tim Scanlan

13. Andy Shane

14. Douglas Jaffe

15. Anthony Powell
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Top Dawg

New York NFBC League 4

Post by Top Dawg » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:18 am

Glenn - Now I think we are getting to know each other too well. Now I have to be intimidated by your big laptop as you sit right next to me. Ouch!

Good luck,

Pete

[ March 12, 2005, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Top Dawg ]
OK - So I'm not as good as I thought I was; but at least I am consistent.

King of Queens

New York NFBC League 4

Post by King of Queens » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:21 am

Seems to be some sort of cosmic connection. I don't think I'm bringing the laptop to the main event, if that makes you feel any better ;)

King of Queens

New York NFBC League 4

Post by King of Queens » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:22 am

I also see Cellar Dwellers will be joining us.

Top Dawg

New York NFBC League 4

Post by Top Dawg » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:21 am

Glenn,

Actually, yes it makes me feel a little better. So, assuming the top 4 drafted players are who many of us think they are, what are you doing with pick 5? I need at least a week's advance notice so I can figure out what to do with pick 6.

Pete

[ March 12, 2005, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Top Dawg ]

King of Queens

New York NFBC League 4

Post by King of Queens » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:32 am

Originally posted by Top Dawg:

assuming the top 4 drafted players are who many of us think they areI did a draft this morning where Ken Griffey went in the second round (?!?!?!?!)

Last year, I was shocked that Pedro Martinez was still sitting there at my #14 pick. He had a very mediocre season, but went as high as #4 in other leagues.

Anything is possible--even you getting Pujols with the #6 pick.

Assuming he breaks his leg sometime this week. :D

Cellar Dwellers

New York NFBC League 4

Post by Cellar Dwellers » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:42 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:

I also see Cellar Dwellers will be joining us. I see you, Pete, and Ray Murphy got spots 5,6, and 7, the exact spots I was hoping to fall into. I didn't mind picking 15th last year, but this year I think there is a definite advantage to be picking around 5th or 6th, in the first 2 rounds. I may have to make a very surprising stretch pick at #13, still debating with myself. Good luck guys, looks like we got a good bunch of guys in league 4!

rmurph3

New York NFBC League 4

Post by rmurph3 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:11 pm

Happy to be sitting at #7, and looking forward to meeting you guys next weekend!
Ray Murphy, http://www.BaseballHQ.com
Men Without Helmets

Top Dawg

New York NFBC League 4

Post by Top Dawg » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:00 am

King - You going to give me a hint about who your first round pick is going to be? Initials? League? Position played? Age? Hair color? Favorite food? Anything? :rolleyes:

Pete

King of Queens

New York NFBC League 4

Post by King of Queens » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:46 am

I have a pretty good idea about who I'm taking (assuming he's available). We'll talk about it on Friday night over a beer.

King of Queens

New York NFBC League 4

Post by King of Queens » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:49 am

Also Pete, contrary to earlier statement and apologies for this: I probably will be brining my laptop on Saturday. Seemed like a bad idea at first, but having all that data at my fingertips just might help.

Gordon Gekko

New York NFBC League 4

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:54 am

Also Pete, contrary to earlier statement and apologies for this: I probably will be brining my laptop on Saturday. Seemed like a bad idea at first, but having all that data at my fingertips just might help. now you're thinking. just not sure you are using it for the right things...

Top Dawg

New York NFBC League 4

Post by Top Dawg » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:36 am

Also Pete, contrary to earlier statement and apologies for this: I probably will be brining my laptop on Saturday. Seemed like a bad idea at first, but having all that data at my fingertips just might help. Glenn - I'll be bringing a ton of paper with me and some high-lighter pens. Probably a mix of greens, yellows and pinks. I know that has to scare the heck out of you!

Hey, as for Friday night, sure a beer and an exchange of ideas can't hurt. I still assume the top 4 guys taken Saturday will only vary in order taken. Picks 5, 6 and 7 can go in several directions. It will be interesting to see which way you are leaning, provided a top 4 doesn't somehow fall to you.

See ya Friday!

Pete

King of Queens

New York NFBC League 4

Post by King of Queens » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:29 am

Originally posted by Top Dawg:

Picks 5, 6 and 7 can go in several directions.The guy that I'm targeting could have the best season of anyone--and he should be there for me at #5.

Top Dawg

New York NFBC League 4

Post by Top Dawg » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:41 am

The guy that I'm targeting could have the best season of anyone--and he should be there for me at #5. [/QB][/quote]

OK King - Now you will really have to spill your guts Friday night. My curiosity is peaked, to say the least.

Pete

Cellar Dwellers

New York NFBC League 4

Post by Cellar Dwellers » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:32 pm

quote:Originally posted by Top Dawg:

Picks 5, 6 and 7 can go in several directions.The guy that I'm targeting could have the best season of anyone--and he should be there for me at #5. [/QUOTE]Santana??

King of Queens

New York NFBC League 4

Post by King of Queens » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:38 pm

Originally posted by Cellar Dwellers:

quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:

Picks 5, 6 and 7 can go in several directions.The guy that I'm targeting could have the best season of anyone--and he should be there for me at #5. [/QUOTE]Santana??
[/QUOTE]Less than 65 hours to find out.

Cellar Dwellers

New York NFBC League 4

Post by Cellar Dwellers » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:46 am

quote:Originally posted by Cellar Dwellers:

quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:

[/QUOTE]Less than 65 hours to find out.
[/QUOTE]Glenn-I already wrote your first round pick down on my tracking sheet, that's how sure I am that I know who you are picking... and I hate you for it :D

Top Dawg

New York NFBC League 4

Post by Top Dawg » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:02 am

Guys and gal partners - Pleasure drafting with you again this year. I already see all the holes in my team and am trying to justify picking Soriano with the 6th pick. Hmmmm? What was I thinking?

Anyway, I drafted him with my 2nd pick last year and it didn't work out well. I have officially changed my team's name to "Second Chance". The pun (Soriano plays second base) is intended.

Best of luck to all of you. And yes, anyone looking to get into the picture with Rocky and me next year as he hands me a check for $100,000 is welcome!

Pete

Big Fish

New York NFBC League 4

Post by Big Fish » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:05 am

Likewise Pete best of luck to you. Great time seeing you and Glenn as it was a reunion of sorts.

I must confess however that the line starts to the left and already Mr. Kranepool has the inside track of a photo shoot with the 2005 Champions - The Fightin' Amish.

I was soooo bad last year I believe I can only improve.

Thanks Glenn for keeping me up to speed on occasion with player availability.

Go Amish, Go Providence!

Big Fish

New York NFBC League 4

Post by Big Fish » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:08 am

One more thing Pete..I dont think Soriano was the worst pick there. You wanted him and he wasnt coming back to you for round 2.

I regret my Brian Roberts pick early. I was worried about sb's so I pulled the trigger too soon.

I did receive some good news from roto gods today that Buehrle injury fingers crossed is not a fracture but a stress and may only miss 1-2 spring starts. I am already short on pitching to begin with, i cant afford my number 2 to get hurt shagging fly balls.

King of Queens

New York NFBC League 4

Post by King of Queens » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:39 am

Originally posted by Big Fish:

Thanks Glenn for keeping me up to speed on occasion with player availabilityNo problem -- next year it's $5 per inquiry :D

Big Fish

New York NFBC League 4

Post by Big Fish » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:05 am

Deal!

Top Dawg

New York NFBC League 4

Post by Top Dawg » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:54 am

Glenn - I'm guessing I would owe you about $100 at $5 per question on player availability :D

Big Fish - Great getting together with you too! It was great having some of the gang from last year at the same table. I'm guessing as this thing grows and grows the odds will stack up against us being in the same leagues eventually.

Good luck again and I hope to see you guys in the winners circle. Don't forget, even though I have locked up first place, there is money for 2nd overall too! ;)

Pete