Tampa League 1

Greg Ambrosius

Tampa League 1

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:04 am

The Tampa main event will be held at the Tampa Convention Center on Saturday, March 17th starting at 1 p.m. EST. Please be on time as all drafts will start exactly at the top of the hour. Here is the draft order for Tampa League 1:

TAMPA LEAGUE 1:

1. Jeff Peters

2. Jared Eagle

3. Herb Eroh

4. Albert Petit

5. Bill Strickler

6. Kent Stermon

7. Zac Staples

8. Dave Clum

9. Mike Duggan

10. Wayne Edwards

11. Chad Silverstein

12. Jeff Kratz

13. John Wojtowicz

14. Bobby Jurney

15. Steve Keiran
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Edwards Kings

Tampa League 1

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:11 am

Gentlemen...LET'S PARTY!!!!
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Chest Rockwell

Tampa League 1

Post by Chest Rockwell » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:29 am

Wayne glad to finally be able to compete with you.

Dave Clum- sure do wish I could have avoided you.

Albert Petit- any other league I would be rooting for you b/c you are clearly the most unlucky guy in this contest with that track record and no league titles. Could you please just be a bridesmaid one more year...

The rest of you I look forward to competing against you.

Love seeing the Slacker brothers at the other table too.

Edwards Kings

Tampa League 1

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:58 am

Since there are a couple of teams who are new, and since most folks seem to be doing some last minute cramming before the draft, I thought it would be good to put names with blog handles and put a little out there about yourself. It is going to be an exciting six months and I look forward to meeting you all as well as getting to know you, if we do not have time in Tampa, then on the board.

My name is Wayne Edwards and I am Edwards Kings on the board (which I am on frequently to say the least). I am a CPA working in Telecom. I live a little north of Atlanta with my wife and two kids (girl and boy, 12 and 10). I have been in the NFBC since the first year (with little success) and enjoy the hell out of it. I have been doing fantasy baseball for 20+ years in various formats, but all locally until I joined this exclusive little club.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

SlackerDan

Tampa League 1

Post by SlackerDan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:58 am

Chest,

SlackersBrothers are very happy with Tampa League 2 ..it is going to be a very tough year and candidly, happy not to have you & Dave C trying to take all of my top players!

Thanks for the shout out!

SlackerDan

Bobby J

Tampa League 1

Post by Bobby J » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:00 am

Bobby Jurney - BobbyJ on the basbeall boards, won Tampa 2 last year on the final weekend of the year. Live in Maryland, wife, 5 kids, 3 dogs, 2 hermit crabs, a couple of field mice in the winter time. Route Manager for the Washington Post. Good to be competing with Zac, Dave and Kent again this year and definitely not the Slacker Brothers, can't wait to see you guys this year at the other table. Picking from the 14th spot, so need a real good or at least a real lucky draft this year
Some Assembly Required

wojo moneyball

Tampa League 1

Post by wojo moneyball » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:40 pm

John Wojtowicz- wojo moneyball on boards. 3rd year in NFBC, all to no avail. Mortgage loan officer, lives in Cranford, NJ with wife and 3 kids.

By the way, who's new to the NFBC in this league?

Good Luck to all! It looks like a real competitive league. Can't wait for draft.

DiamondKing

Tampa League 1

Post by DiamondKing » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:21 pm

Dave Clum,This is my third year in the NFBC.I have met some really enjoyable,smart people in these leagues.Some of whom will be competing in this league this year.Slacker Bros I can root for you this year.I thought that I had an incredible draft last year...and finished second.

We have sharks all over the table so no gifts this year.

I have been married 17 years and have a 7 year old daughter.

I have one job to pay the mortgage(mailman)and one job that I love(score games in the marlins pressbox for STATS)

I look forward to seeing yall next week in Tampa.
All pigs are created equal.Some are more equal than others.

JEagle

Tampa League 1

Post by JEagle » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:54 am

Jared Eagle- Rubberneck finished 2nd in tampa 1 last year ..lost in the last couple days..still not really over it....good luck to all and see you next week.
Sometimes I'm good and sometimes I'm bad....but I always try real hard.

Chest Rockwell

Tampa League 1

Post by Chest Rockwell » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:23 pm

4 top 50 guys lifetime in this league,AND a guy who won a Tampa league last year and a guy who finished 2nd in Tampa last year.

Man this could be tough-

Me I am 35 years old, CFO of a transportation/logistics company in Jacksonville Florida. Had a partner up until this year, but he is starting his own law firm and does not have the time it takes. This year I will be supported by my lovely pregnant wife at the table- that is until she says I cannot take any more of you dorks I am going back to the hotel. By the way she was hogging the bed and that is why I am up at 2:20 in the morning.

sportsbettingman

Tampa League 1

Post by sportsbettingman » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:37 pm

HA!

Good ole Chest...Vegas won't be the same.

~Lance
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

Edwards Kings

Tampa League 1

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:03 am

Originally posted by Chest Rockwell:

4 top 50 guys lifetime in this league,AND a guy who won a Tampa league last year and a guy who finished 2nd in Tampa last year.

Man this could be tough-

Me I am 35 years old, CFO of a transportation/logistics company in Jacksonville Florida. Had a partner up until this year, but he is starting his own law firm and does not have the time it takes. This year I will be supported by my lovely pregnant wife at the table- that is until she says I cannot take any more of you dorks I am going back to the hotel. By the way she was hogging the bed and that is why I am up at 2:20 in the morning. I look forward to meeting your wife, Chest. I think it is GREAT that she is willing to put up with us even a little bit! :D

I asked my wife if she wanted to come to the draft room with me and she said "Hell no...I'm going to be playing poker!"
Charles Krauthammer

Kevin D

Tampa League 1

Post by Kevin D » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:23 pm

I was hoping to be in the same league with you again. Dejavu!! How's cousin Edna doing!

CYA saturday
"All of Life is part of the Divine"---Ancient Hindu saying

Edwards Kings

Tampa League 1

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:32 pm

I here you! I cannot wait until Saturday. A lot of great players in Tampa #1 and #2. Between you and Don, Brian, Tom and others it could be a long year in #2. I can see Tampa #1 will be a dog fight as well. It is only fun when you beat the best.

BTW...if the plans hold, I think my wife and I are going to check out the Downs on Friday. Should be fun.
Charles Krauthammer

Kevin D

Tampa League 1

Post by Kevin D » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:04 pm

I planned on "The Downs" myself on Friday. Draft Saturday!!!! Yea Baby! Already have tickets for Rays/Philles@ Clearwater on Sunday then Yanks/Twins @ Dunedin Monday. This beats Vegas and it will probably be warmer too!
"All of Life is part of the Divine"---Ancient Hindu saying

Edwards Kings

Tampa League 1

Post by Edwards Kings » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:43 am

Enjoyed meeting everyone (some for the first time and renewed some friendships). Thought I royally screwed up my draft but I mainly blame you all for not drafting the way I thought you would and stealing my picks (especially you Dave and John)! :D

Anyway, hoping to counterpunch and manage my team to be a challenge.

Chest...you obviously married up! I enjoyed meeting your better half and she was a real trooper to stick in there so long.

Thanks again everyone. I thought the facilitators did a great job helping the draft seem to fly along. Good luck to all.

[ March 18, 2007, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Edwards Kings ]
Charles Krauthammer

Chest Rockwell

Tampa League 1

Post by Chest Rockwell » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:08 am

Man one group of nice guys-

Wayne good to see you again.

Is there a nicer guy in America than Dave Clum?

John- Good to meet you- I gave you a hard time about Otsuka but the more I look at your draft the more I like that team, very, very solid. Very nice to meet you too...

Good to meet Jeff Peters good fella!

Bill and Zach really enjoyed drafting next to you-

If you all could have let Crawford and Krod go one more pick I really would have appreciated it.

Slumpbuster

Tampa League 1

Post by Slumpbuster » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:16 am

Great Draft guys!

I am Zac Staples from Orlando and I really appreciate the first 6 teams passing on Johan and making me take him, totally changing my normal draft strategy! Who knows if it will work, but since I've never owned him I said what the heck, let's see what happens.

Great to meet all of you and enjoyed the banter with Mr. Rockwell. Of course I am always seated next to Mr. Clum and enjoyed drafting with him on Friday and Saturday.

Good luck everyone!

DiamondKing

Tampa League 1

Post by DiamondKing » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:57 am

Hey guys,Just loved the draft.Always has a Christmas morning feel.So glad Mr.Staples took Santana.I did not want to have to build a hitting team around a first round pitcher.May try it one year.But, this is not the forum for me to try it for the first time.All in all happy with my team.After the draft I always have a couple picks I would like to change.It would be so much easier if I could get all the guys that I am planning on.I enjoy matching wits against the best.Someday perhaps I will get to wear a league crown.

Kent,I am sure that you had the respect of all who know you before this draft.But,after your dear wife sat by your side for a complete thirty round draft{in the mommy condition]Well,I am sure everyone was impressed.Just do not try and name the baby after Ryan Howard.I am looking forward to the season.Good luck all,Dave Clum

[ March 18, 2007, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: DiamondKing ]

Draftboard Guy

Tampa League 1

Post by Draftboard Guy » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:06 pm

Tampa 1 is going to be a special league this year! My name is Jeff Peters. My son Jeff Jr. and I had a blast Saturday. I am a recently retired box salesman from Erie, Pennsylvania, and my son works in the computer field in Pittsburgh. My sole business now is making the draftboards that were used at the NFBC. It was nice to finally match some faces to message-board names. Even though I have not written much on the boards, I read them every day, and often wondered who Chest Rockwell and Edwards Kings were. Now I know! A super bunch of guys. Also good to meet Jared, John, and Steve. Jeff Jr. and I have a history with Dave and Al from LV 2 in 2005. What a finish! Dave led all year (except the last week), and then we beat Al on the last day with a miracle finish. I think these guys would like to repay the favor! :D Sorry if I didn't meet or talk to the rest of you guys. Can't wait till the games start so we can start the trash-talking.

Jeff
Draftboard Guy

wojo moneyball

Tampa League 1

Post by wojo moneyball » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:17 pm

hey everyone,

just got in from Disney and was happy to see our teams are posted. I really enjoyed the draft, and meeting/talking with a number of you!

This should be quite a year with this group, seems like very knowledgable-dedicated guys. Good Luck to all!

Sincerely,

John Woj

Edwards Kings

Tampa League 1

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:24 am

I started Eckstein for the only time I hope I will have to last night. He went 3 for 4. Probably the only time the whole year I will lead our league in BA! :D
Charles Krauthammer

Don Mathis

Tampa League 1

Post by Don Mathis » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:39 pm

Kent---It was good seeing you in Tampa but I am glad I was was at the other table considering your great start.

Sorry I missed meeting your wife.

Chest Rockwell

Tampa League 1

Post by Chest Rockwell » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:08 am

Originally posted by Don Mathis:

Kent---It was good seeing you in Tampa but I am glad I was was at the other table considering your great start.

Sorry I missed meeting your wife. Don never quite had an all around start like this better to have it than not- but when I got off to a bad start last year I said it is a very long season, same advice to myself here. Lots of extremely good players in Tampa 1 who will knock you down with one bad day in the standings. Clum want to give a couple of us a taste of first for a few days?

We found out Tuesday that our baby is a little girl kind of overshadows fantasy baseball a bit. Good luck this season Don- one of the nicest people in this game...

[ April 12, 2007, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: Chest Rockwell ]

DiamondKing

Tampa League 1

Post by DiamondKing » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:35 am

Hey Kent,A great big CONGRATS on your little girl.I tried to name my daughter Gehrig.But,could not get the wife to go for the idea.Perhaps I could rent her out as a babysitter for our NFBC weekend in about 7 years.Nice start on your season this year.