Is it time to move on to next year... ?? Fu*k Fauci

Outlaw

Is it time to move on to next year... ?? Fu*k Fauci

Post by Outlaw » Tue May 26, 2020 6:39 pm

Looking more and more like there will be no Baseball season. It is Time to consider refunding money or figuring out a way to allow us players to get our money back or leaving it on account for next year. Even a shortened season of 70-80 games is not what we signed up for or paid for, let alone what fun is this season going to be...

Could go to bed and find out the Blue jays had 3 players test positive and we wake up to find the season suspended after 30 games... There is a major push by the crackpots running this country to keep things locked down and they are praying for the 2nd coming of the virus, so God forbid a few hundred cases strike in September... and if the do not strike, they will make them up...

Start the drafts in the middle of September for next year.... it is only 15 weeks away!!

Gekko

Re: Is it time to move on to next year... ?? Fu*k Fauci

Post by Gekko » Tue May 26, 2020 6:49 pm

“Looking more and more like there will be no Baseball season?”

Not sure I agree with that. I have to believe owners and players will work it out, rather than the alternative...NOTHING and risk jeopardizing a % of the fan base for next year.

As for me, I’m very much looking forward to the season and 80 games is fine with me. I’d certainly like more, but I’ll take 80.

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Tue May 26, 2020 7:18 pm

Gekko wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:49 pm

Not sure I agree with that. I have to believe owners and players will work it out, rather than the alternative...NOTHING and risk jeopardizing a % of the fan base for next year.

As for me, I’m very much looking forward to the season and 80 games is fine with me. I’d certainly like more, but I’ll take 80.
Totally agree. Disappointed with today’s lack of progress but no season seems unthinkable and terrible for owners and players, and for the sport itself. Would like to think smarter minds will prevail, but maybe I’m just being overly optimistic and engaging in wishful thinking. If baseball loses the season over money, while all other sports make it back, that would be devastating.

While I wish we could’ve had live drafts in March and a traditional season, an 80+ game schedule still would make for a very interesting fantasy experience. In fact, while far from optimal, it would be one of the most challenging fantasy seasons ever. Coming into the winter, the one big unknown is what ball MLB would use for the 2020 season. Now, assuming we have a season, the reappearance or disappearance of “Happy Fun Ball” is way down my list in terms of new stuff to figure out (or try to figure out) come the big drafts that I hope we’ll still have.

Obviously, 2020 baseball will be less satisfying than prior seasons and what we thought we were getting just a few months ago. That said, I’ll take a half-filled glass over an empty one and drink it thirstily (and after having no sports to watch for months, I’m betting it’ll taste damn good, too). Here’s hoping we get a season. It’s a big week, for sure.
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Tue May 26, 2020 8:19 pm

Outlaw wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:39 pm
Looking more and more like there will be no Baseball season. It is Time to consider refunding money or figuring out a way to allow us players to get our money back or leaving it on account for next year. Even a shortened season of 70-80 games is not what we signed up for or paid for, let alone what fun is this season going to be...

Could go to bed and find out the Blue jays had 3 players test positive and we wake up to find the season suspended after 30 games... There is a major push by the crackpots running this country to keep things locked down and they are praying for the 2nd coming of the virus, so God forbid a few hundred cases strike in September... and if the do not strike, they will make them up...

Start the drafts in the middle of September for next year.... it is only 15 weeks away!!
Eighty is less than ideal but I'm not sure I won't like it better than 162.
Somewhere in the 120-140 range, permanently, would be awesome. Ending it before it wears out its welcome into football season.

Gates

Post by Gates » Wed May 27, 2020 5:41 am

What I hate the most is that they’ll play it like the usual négociation and this is not the time and context to do so. Try to low ball, make it look like the other one is the bad guy, etc... hopefully good sense will take over. As much as I wanted to hear the updates, hear some daily news telling us they are getting closer to an agreement, now I’m telling myself Its better if I hear nothing up until its done.
Go ahead, make my day...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 27, 2020 7:43 am

Outlaw wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:39 pm

Mike, you have three Draft Champions teams. All can still win a league title in an 80-game, 100-game or 162-game season and they can even win the overall title. Correct, there are going to be a lot of uncertainties going forward and it will now be more of a sprint than a marathon, but right now most of us would take any baseball season over no baseball season. We will continue to wait for more information before giving up on 2020 and I have a feeling a deal will somehow get done.

As Ray Murphy said on Twitter yesterday "this is one of those times when it's best to just ignore the daily/hourly back and forth. I'm firmly in the camp that there will be an agreement by this time next week. I don't really want to watch this particular sausage get made."

Me either. It's ugly when they put it together, but once that brat is on the grill it tastes soooooo good. :lol:

And I don't want to get into political fights, but I'm confident nobody is praying for the second coming of the virus or happy we are nearing 100,000 deaths from coronavirus. This is a f--king tragedy for everyone and let's all just admit that. Stay safe everyone, do the right things and I trust that we'll have a baseball season, we'll get through this and we'll one day have live events again. Hopefully that is soon.

Keep the faith all. The owners sent a piss-poor proposal to the players yesterday, but it's all part of hard negotiations. Nobody wins with a cancelled season and I trust there's more hard negotiations to come. Our sport will take a major hit that it may never recover from if it doesn't get a deal done in the next week, so I'm confident smarter decisions are coming soon. Stay well.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Wed May 27, 2020 11:13 am

4% of the world population and nearly 30% of the deaths. And this is with Florida and Georgia blatantly underreporting their fatalities from COVID-19. If you don't want a repeat of this kind of catastrophe, don't vote for the incompetent piss boy of a KGB murderer next time. He's here to steal and to undermine America's standing in the world. Nothing else.

Now, MLB wants players to take pay cuts that are utterly absurd. Mike Trout is going to go from $37 million to $5 million under the current proposal. I'm sure everybody here would accept an 86% decrease in salary along with worse and more dangerous working conditions. The line would be stretched out the door for that, right?

Yankees2009

Post by Yankees2009 » Wed May 27, 2020 11:51 pm

Tough not to respond to a hateful lying comment by a misinformed miscreant. Every single post is infused with your politically poisoned platform. You’re pathetic.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu May 28, 2020 8:39 am

Report circulating that player will propose playing MORE than 82 games, with 100-110 being referenced. Woot woot! Hope no one has been sleeping on main event prep. This will be happening

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 28, 2020 10:15 am

Gekko wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:39 am
Report circulating that player will propose playing MORE than 82 games, with 100-110 being referenced. Woot woot! Hope no one has been sleeping on main event prep. This will be happening
I like the 110-game proposal with the regular season going through October. Owners are worried about losing TV revenue if a second wave hits in November and just want to expedite the season and get it done by the end of October. If they really believe they can keep players safe for four months, then plan for five months and accept this timeline.

And forget the revenue sharing during one down year. Team values are going up every year and they will go up if this season is played out. Even if it's a loss for this season, MLB franchise values will go up and revenue will return in future years. The owners will be fine and TV ratings will be very high. Cancelling this season becomes a major financial hit for everyone involved, so let's build off the players' proposal that will likely be given to the owners on Friday and make this season work.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

COZ

Post by COZ » Thu May 28, 2020 10:43 am

Yankees2009 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:51 pm
Tough not to respond to a hateful lying comment by a misinformed miscreant. Every single post is infused with your politically poisoned platform. You’re pathetic.
:lol: Agreed. You beat me to it. When ya can't even stick to baseball on a baseball forum, you're clearly at Stage 4 of TDS & likely experiencing cognitive dissonance as well. Scary how well government propaganda works, likely has no idea yet that the whole Russian collusion boogie man was completely fabricated & premeditated to coverup all the illegal spying going on. All the major Dem players have been lying about it & in cahoots with the media to spread the lies. We are witnessing the unraveling to the public of the biggest political crime(s) in American History & many people are clueless about it. Sad. "45" is throwing down some major truth bombs about it all on Twitter today. 8-)
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Thu May 28, 2020 10:45 am

COZ wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:43 am
Yankees2009 wrote:
:lol: Agreed. You beat me to it. When ya can't even stick to baseball on a baseball forum, you're clearly at Stage 4 of TDS & likely experiencing cognitive dissonance as well. Scary how well government propaganda works, likely has no idea yet that the whole Russian collusion boogie man was completely fabricated & premeditated to coverup all the illegal spying going on. All the major Dem players have been lying about it & in cahoots with the media to spread the lies. We are witnessing the unraveling to the public of the biggest political crime(s) in American History & many people are clueless about it. Sad. "45" is throwing down some major truth bombs about it all on Twitter today. 8-)
You can both suck my dick.

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Thu May 28, 2020 10:47 am

Yankees2009 wrote:
If you could draft world leaders in a COVID-19 death league, getting Trump would be like having Gretzky, Ruth and Wilt.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 28, 2020 1:15 pm

It didn't help the conversation that the original poster put "Fu*k Fauci" in the headline. In fact, it didn't help at all.

I'm not into censoring our boards, but the last thing we need with 100,000 deaths in our country is political fighting on baseball message boards. If anybody thinks either side is clear of blame they are wrong. Everyone is to blame for this tragic, tragic, tragic fu*king number. :cry:

We're talking about resuming baseball and hopefully still having a 2020 season. I think that's what this thread was intended to do. Maybe it wasn't, I can't be sure anymore. But let's debate that here and leave the rest of the BS for someone else's playground. Thanks. :oops:
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 » Thu May 28, 2020 8:03 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:15 am
Gekko wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:39 am
I like the 110-game proposal with the regular season going through October. Owners are worried about losing TV revenue if a second wave hits in November and just want to expedite the season and get it done by the end of October. If they really believe they can keep players safe for four months, then plan for five months and accept this timeline.

And forget the revenue sharing during one down year. Team values are going up every year and they will go up if this season is played out. Even if it's a loss for this season, MLB franchise values will go up and revenue will return in future years. The owners will be fine and TV ratings will be very high. Cancelling this season becomes a major financial hit for everyone involved, so let's build off the players' proposal that will likely be given to the owners on Friday and make this season work.
My guess is they end up doing something like 100 games but players will get paid for 82 games and there'll be a clause in there that owners will withhold like 10% of the salaries and they'll pay it after the playoffs are completed.

This way players get paid the same amount that they expected to get paid initially (pro rated salaries for 82 games), they just do a little over time and owners get a little insurance in case the playoffs have to be cancelled

Yankees2009

Post by Yankees2009 » Fri May 29, 2020 5:00 pm

Losing whatever respect I had for the owners and Manfred (and it wasn't much), completely callous to the fans that helped increase their wealth. Dragging their feet from day 1. Waiting until the end of may to submit a garbage proposal. Exhibiting the antithesis of urgency. On a scale of greed, owners over players 50-1. Hard to acknowledge, but after 60+ years of absolutely loving baseball, they'll lose me for however much time I have left, if they don't get this season going soon, without recognition of the fans.

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Sun May 31, 2020 8:40 am

Gekko wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:49 pm

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Sun May 31, 2020 9:02 am

My teams usually start off fast then fade at the end, I wouldn't mind an 80-game schedule! :lol:

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:48 am

Thanks for the good news Dr. Doom... If there were Stats for how many times he has stuck out, he would be 0 -forever.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/06/ ... eball.html

“If the question is time, I would try to keep it in the core summer months and end it not with the way we play the World Series, until the end of October when it’s cold. I would avoid that.”