Stat Changes

Post Reply
craiggebz
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:05 pm

Stat Changes

Post by craiggebz » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:14 pm

I was up in arms over Ryu getting charged with 2 earned runs on Friday, I went as far as tweeting mlb, ryu and the blue jays to appeal the official scorer decision. im sad. AMAZINGLY, I looked tonight at the mlb app box score and they did change it. They have Shaw a throwing error which resulted in only 1 earned run and not 2. I checked my lineup from last week and Ryu is still charged with 2 earned runs. Any help on this is appreciated.
Thanks!

COZ
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:48 pm
Location: Rolling Meadows, IL

Re: Stat Changes

Post by COZ » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:28 am

craiggebz wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:14 pm
I was up in arms over Ryu getting charged with 2 earned runs on Friday, I went as far as tweeting mlb, ryu and the blue jays to appeal the official scorer decision. im sad. AMAZINGLY, I looked tonight at the mlb app box score and they did change it. They have Shaw a throwing error which resulted in only 1 earned run and not 2. I checked my lineup from last week and Ryu is still charged with 2 earned runs. Any help on this is appreciated.
Thanks!
This is the best thing I have read in some time. This comment has so many layers of fantasy baseball degeneracy in it that it is an absolute thing of beauty. Not sure what I appreciate more...

1) That you were up in arms over a scoring decision leading to an extra Earned Run;
2) That you tweeted MLB, Ryu, & the Blue Jays about it;
3) That it made you Sad;
4) That 3 days later, still obviously upset about it, you went back to look at the box score to see if it was changed;
5) That seeing it was changed, you promptly checked your Fantasy team to make sure it was properly credited;
6) Noticing it was not, you went to the MB's to post about it.

Greg, give the man his Ryu-unearned-run back, he's earned it. (pun intended) :lol:
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

User avatar
Greg Ambrosius
Posts: 37107
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Stat Changes

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:37 am

craiggebz wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:14 pm
I was up in arms over Ryu getting charged with 2 earned runs on Friday, I went as far as tweeting mlb, ryu and the blue jays to appeal the official scorer decision. im sad. AMAZINGLY, I looked tonight at the mlb app box score and they did change it. They have Shaw a throwing error which resulted in only 1 earned run and not 2. I checked my lineup from last week and Ryu is still charged with 2 earned runs. Any help on this is appreciated.
Thanks!
I will definitely look into this stat correction from our stat provider.

So stats and standings are updated each night as we get them from Sport Radar. So I'm not sure when MLB officially made this change, but whenever they did it should have been updated in NFBC standings the next day. Hope that helps.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

craiggebz
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:05 pm

Re: Stat Changes

Post by craiggebz » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:42 pm

Hahaha thx guys. When I said I was sad, I meant I am a sad individual for doing all that hahahahha. It was originally ruled an error. Then an inning later, the broadcast said it was changed. I was like get the F*** out of here. Shaw clearly was indecisive then made a horrible throw to first. I checked twitter and people were saying the official scorer must be on drugs. Ultimately, a day later it was ruled a throwing error. One earned run is better than two. Oh well!

And yes the level I went to was absurd. Learned rule 9.01 Player or Team has 72 hours to appeal an official scorers decision. :lol:

craiggebz
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:05 pm

Re: Stat Changes

Post by craiggebz » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:57 pm

When I click on week 6 stats, Ryu still has 2 ER unfortunately.

red mule
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: Stat Changes

Post by red mule » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:26 am

There's a win by Jose Quintana from Sunday that doesn't appear in team stats or the standings.

User avatar
Greg Ambrosius
Posts: 37107
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Stat Changes

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:46 am

red mule wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:26 am
There's a win by Jose Quintana from Sunday that doesn't appear in team stats or the standings.
Colin Rea got the win in Sunday's Cubs' win. Quintana is 0-0 on the season.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

User avatar
Greg Ambrosius
Posts: 37107
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Stat Changes

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:47 am

craiggebz wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:57 pm
When I click on week 6 stats, Ryu still has 2 ER unfortunately.
It looks like it's showing 1 ER now. Must have run Tuesday or Wednesday night.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

red mule
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: Stat Changes

Post by red mule » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:06 am

Upon further review, I see cbs sportsline is the only site listing Quintana as the winning pitcher. I see from mlb rules how Rea was awarded the Win, but terrible use of judgement by the official scorer and a break from what I thought was the common practice in this situation. The situation is Rea got the final two outs of the 3rd in relief of an injured Chatwood. Cubs take lead in the top of the 4th which they never relinquish. Quintana pitches the 4th, 5th, and 6th innings giving up 1 earned and k's 6. It was always my understanding that most if not all official scorers would award the win to Quintana. Anyone else have an opinion or give a damn?

DOUGHBOYS
Posts: 12918
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:00 pm

Re: Stat Changes

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:58 am

red mule wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:06 am
Upon further review, I see cbs sportsline is the only site listing Quintana as the winning pitcher. I see from mlb rules how Rea was awarded the Win, but terrible use of judgement by the official scorer and a break from what I thought was the common practice in this situation. The situation is Rea got the final two outs of the 3rd in relief of an injured Chatwood. Cubs take lead in the top of the 4th which they never relinquish. Quintana pitches the 4th, 5th, and 6th innings giving up 1 earned and k's 6. It was always my understanding that most if not all official scorers would award the win to Quintana. Anyone else have an opinion or give a damn?
Rea gets the win.
He was the pitcher of record when the Cubs took the lead. No judgment involved.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

craiggebz
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:05 pm

Re: Stat Changes

Post by craiggebz » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:31 pm

Check this shit out YALL! See, sometimes you have to believe in yourself. RYU stats changed to ZERO earned runs and 7 hits instead of 8. I really dont like to gloat, but I am feeling like a MF Gangsta right now. This is a perfect example of trusting in yourself, knowledge and intuition even if it means putting yourself out there for complete embarrassment and ridicule. LFG! :mrgreen:

craiggebz
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:05 pm

Re: Stat Changes

Post by craiggebz » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:37 pm

I forgot to add that the stats were updated appropriately. Thanks Greg and anyone else who helped out!

Post Reply