BLACK BY POPULAR DEMAND! Friday, 11/27, Noon EST, The MTM Black Friday Fast DC! SOLD OUT!

Baseball Furies

BLACK BY POPULAR DEMAND! Friday, 11/27, Noon EST, The MTM Black Friday Fast DC! SOLD OUT!

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:55 am

So what has become yet an another MTM NFBC annual tradition, The Black Friday Fast DC returns for another installment beginning the day after Thanksgiving at 12:00 p.m. EST. Another 750 picks over about two days of shit-talking, ball-busting, and of course fantasy baseball brilliance while early season baseball drafting with some of the best of the best in the industry, headlined by me of course! :mrgreen: So who's ready to donate to the cause? I know this one is up early and it will fill fast, and also feel like an eternity before it gets rolling a week from today, but it will be well worth the wait! The sign-up list is below, and most of you all know the drill by now. Hit me up and let's get ready to work off the tryptophan malaise as we punch another one into the books for the 2021 MLB Season. 8-)

1. MTM
2. Dan Semsel
3. Tom Eshenfelder
4. Stephen Marshall
5. Paul Weber
6. Dan Kenyon
7. Chad Fleming
8. Danny Bronski
9. Mike Mager
10. Mark Bendar
11. Kenny Enfield
12. Matt Tantillo
13. Bob Mazur
14. Mike Cameron
15. Steve Metzler

LINK: https://nfc.shgn.com/signup/baseball?fo ... 373,3600,0
Last edited by Baseball Furies on Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:06 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

fritter

Re: BLACK BY POPULAR DEMAND! Friday, 11/27, Noon EST, The MTM Black Friday Fast DC!

Post by fritter » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:44 am

Put me in coach...thanks Tom Eshenfelder

Baseball Furies

Re: BLACK BY POPULAR DEMAND! Friday, 11/27, Noon EST, The MTM Black Friday Fast DC!

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:35 am

fritter wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:44 am
Put me in coach...thanks Tom Eshenfelder
You got it, bro! NOW JUST 10 SPOTS LEFT!
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:27 am

NOW JUST NINE SPOTS LEFT!

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:33 pm

NOW JUST EIGHT SPOTS LEFT!

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:28 am

NOW DOWN TO JUST SEVEN SPOTS LEFT! WHO ELSE WANTS A PIECE OF THIS ACTION? 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:58 am

NOW DOWN TO JUST FIVE SPOTS LEFT AND WITH NO PROMO! 8-) THESE LAST FEW REMAINING SPOTS WON'T LAST, SO LET ME KNOW ASAP IF YOU WANT IN! :D

blazer68

Post by blazer68 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:13 am

I would like in if possible thanks Kenny Enfield

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:35 pm

NOW DOWN TO JUST ONE SPOT LEFT! WHO WANTS IT? ONLY A HARDCORE FAST DC DRAFTER NEED APPLY. :mrgreen:

Baseball Furies

Re: BLACK BY POPULAR DEMAND! Friday, 11/27, Noon EST, The MTM Black Friday Fast DC! SOLD OUT!

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:05 pm

Darik B wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:30 pm
Signup Link: https://nfc.shgn.com/signup/baseball?fo ... 373,3600,0
I think there must be some mistake. Somehow the founder/creator of this league was saddled with the 13th pick. Nothing like getting your 13th choice. :roll: I demand a re-randomization of this league! :P

Greg Ambrosius

Re: BLACK BY POPULAR DEMAND! Friday, 11/27, Noon EST, The MTM Black Friday Fast DC! SOLD OUT!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:48 am

Well done all. Have fun and draft safely!!! :lol:
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Thurman15

Post by Thurman15 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:28 am

Have fun guys. MTM drafts are always the best. No sleeping, you gotta be ready or the Sheriff will track you down. Maybe Dan K can post after the first round. My under/over on pitchers going in the 1st round is 5.5. What a change from years past. Good luck all.
Rogers Hornsby, Hall of Famer with the Cardinals was once asked " You love Baseball Rogers, but what do you do in the winter ? " His response......"I stare out the window and wait for spring "

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:50 am

Thurman15 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:28 am
Have fun guys. MTM drafts are always the best. No sleeping, you gotta be ready or the Sheriff will track you down. Maybe Dan K can post after the first round. My under/over on pitchers going in the 1st round is 5.5. What a change from years past. Good luck all.
Heck yeah. I can do that.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:09 am

1. Ronald Acuna Jr
2. Trea Turner
3. Jose Ramirez
4. Mookie Betts
5. Juan Soto
6. Fernendo Tatis Jr.
7. Mike Trout
8. Jake deGrom
9. Shane Bieber
10. Gerritt Cole
11. Freddie Freeman
12. Christian Yelich
13. Bo Bichette
14. Trevor Bauer
15. Cody Bellinger

That didn't take long!
On my tombstone-

Thurman15

Post by Thurman15 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:32 pm

Thanks Dan. My under over ( 5.5) on pitchers going in the 1st round was off. Only 4 went. But still, the fantasy game has changed as we routinely see 3-6 pitchers go first round.
Rogers Hornsby, Hall of Famer with the Cardinals was once asked " You love Baseball Rogers, but what do you do in the winter ? " His response......"I stare out the window and wait for spring "

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:33 am

You're right that our game has changed. Pitching is being pushed.
I believe it is almost to the point that it is a detriment to some teams.
We project the Hell out of pitchers.
We believe THIS will be the year that the Dodgers let Walker Buehler put on his Big Boy pants and let him pitch a lot of innings.
Even though they have a history of inhibiting (Ryu, Maeda), what they consider tender arms.
So occasionally, we see Buehler in the first round.
Should he be there?
The talent says yes.
The history says no.
We also have a pitcher who is 28 years old next year. He has thrown in five Big League seasons.
This Starter has thrown more than 70 innings just once.
Once.
And has also has struck out 100 hitters once in his career.
Once.
Not 200,... 100.
Yet, he is selected in the third round.
We pocket injury history and project the talent.
Not to mention (although I am) that Glasnow, like Buehler, pitches for a team that pulls Starters (right Mr. Snell?) for no apparent reason.
BUT, Tyler Glasnow has a 10.9 career K/9 percentage.
That percentage, along with an extraordinary 14.3 K/9 percentage from last year, keeps him high in drafts.
Tyler Glasnow has been the Byron Buxton of pitchers.
For some reason, we forgive Pitchers more than hitters.
After all, it wasn't till this year that James Paxton fell out of the top 10 rounds of drafting.
Like Glasnow, he could strike out batters well.
But also like Glasnow, Paxton was better at another skill..... Injury.

Pitchers like Buehler, Glasnow, and others are like trailers to movies. They entice. They leave you wanting more.
Sometimes, the 'regular' baseball folks 'get it' over us fantasy brethren.
Most fantasy enthusiasts project Glasnow to have over 200 strike outs this year.
That...even though he has never had even 150 in his career.
Baseball Reference projects Glasnow to throw 83 innings and have 104 K's.
They see the history. We project the talent.

I'm not berating Glasnow drafters or projectors. This could be THE year. We don't know.
In eight seasons, Paxton had one year of 200 K's and maxed out at 160 innings.
So, it could happen.
I just don't like the odds.
On my tombstone-