The 2021 Inaugural MTM Super DC aka the "DC of Death": SOLD OUT!

Baseball Furies

The 2021 Inaugural MTM Super DC aka the "DC of Death": SOLD OUT!

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:48 am

You get the first ever NFBC Draft Champions Super Event! :shock:

That's right, boys! Check yourselves before you wreck yourselves (with all apologies to the immortal Ice Cube). This bitch is going to be BADASS! :twisted: Big question is, who's got the mega cajones to drop down a cool deuce and half K for a shot at a stand alone league prize of $20,000?! This contest will truly determine The DC Master Drafter after 50 rounds and 750 picks of draft and hold insanity which will no doubt separate the men from the boys in the process. 8-)

WHEN: Friday, March 12th-Sunday March,14th

PICK CLOCK: 1-HR with the usual complimentary, "gentle" facilitation by yours truly to keep things moving to wrap this thing up over the course
of three killer days of drafting brutality

HOW: Anyway you can via computer, phone, or tablet with cell numbers mandatory from all participants for text purposes only.
Adjustments may possibly be made on the sleep clock start and end times to limit the need for auto picks for West and East coast
drafters respectively in the both the early a.m./late p.m. hours and will be decided on amongst the owners once the league is full.

ENTRY FEE: $2500

PRIZES: 1st-$20,000
2nd- $7,500
3rd- $5,000

PUSS LEVEL: Low

COMPETITION LEVEL: High

SATISFACTION LEVEL: Eternal!

Now let's see who's got what it takes! The list of competitors is below. Don't disappoint me. I'll enjoy taking all of your generous donations. :lol: :lol: :lol:

1. MTM
2. Phil Dussault
3. Mike DeCavalcante
4. KC Cha
5. KJ Duke
6. Jody Ryan
7. Chris Plouffe
8. Rob Cramutola
9. Shawn Childs/Jim Ferrari
10. Dusty Wagner/Matthew Shepherd
11. Scott Waggener
12. David Miller
13. Clark Olson
14. Vlad Sedler
15. Jon Stadtmueller

LINK FOR THIS ONE: https://nfc.shgn.com/signup/baseball/2500SALDC
Last edited by Baseball Furies on Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:33 am, edited 11 times in total.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Philippe27

Re: When in the Course of Human Events, a New MTM NFBC Incarnation Becomes Necessary...

Post by Philippe27 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:59 am

I want in except my normal sleep hours are 10 PM to 5 AM ET so would need some flexibility on the overnight.

Any chance we can make this a live draft on the Friday night, even for just the first 20-30 rounds and then slow draft the rest on Saturday?

Either way count me in and we'll figure something out.

mdecav

Re: When in the Course of Human Events, a New MTM NFBC Incarnation Becomes Necessary...

Post by mdecav » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:15 am

In. We should Zoom some of this.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:30 am

mdecav wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:15 am
In. We should Zoom some of this.
I would gladly moderate a Zoom Super Draft Champions League for how many rounds everyone would like to do. Count us in to facilitate if needed or wanted. ;) Great idea.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:54 pm

That didn't take long. :mrgreen: Now just 12 spots left! 8-)
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:41 pm

Now a third of the way there with the addition of two NFBC heavy hitters! 8-)

jdryan

Post by jdryan » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:43 pm

You had me at hello ..
jody ryan

Dave Duncan

Post by Dave Duncan » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:12 pm

I will login into MTM's zoom and give my assessment. Good luck.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:52 pm

Dave Duncan wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:12 pm
I will login into MTM's zoom and give my assessment. Good luck.
So this is the best answer to WWDDD? Saw your name and thought you were serious about diving into these shark infested waters. :P Get back to me when you're ready to hang with the big boys. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:56 pm

Now just six spots left! And I ain't even tryin' yet! :o 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:23 pm

Now just FIVE spots left after our latest donors! :lol: 8-)

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:14 pm

It's not just me, it's the gang. KJ/Ando/RG/JC.

Call it an experiment. :)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:11 pm

KJ Duke wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:14 pm
It's not just me, it's the gang. KJ/Ando/RG/JC.

Call it an experiment. :)

What could possibly go wrong? :lol:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:14 pm

NOW DOWN TO JUST FOUR SPOTS LEFT! 8-) Let's fill this nasty bitch by tomorrow so I can begin the press tour! :mrgreen:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:48 pm

INCREDIBLY NOW DOWN TO JUST TWO SPOTS LEFT WITHOUT A SINGLE PERSONAL INVITE BEING SENT! :shock: 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:01 pm

NOW DOWN TO JUST ONE SPOT LEFT! MY GOD, WHAT HAVE I DONE! :lol: :shock: 8-)

sfeschuk

Post by sfeschuk » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:11 am

I'm keen to play, or if the league is full put me on the wait list in case someone opts to withdraw (unlikely, I know, as MTM would mock them relentlessly)...

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:31 am

sfeschuk wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:11 am
I'm keen to play, or if the league is full put me on the wait list in case someone opts to withdraw (unlikely, I know, as MTM would mock them relentlessly)...

Ah, you know me too well, my friend! :mrgreen: So the wait list it will have to be as this league is now 100% SOLD OUT! 8-) 8-) 8-) Incredibly not even a single personal invite needed to be sent, and I have at least three other competitors who wanted in who just missed the cut! :o So there may just need to be a second MTM Super DC given the off-the-charts popularity of this one. :mrgreen: But as of now it's game on for this one with official registration details to follow. This league is going to be ADP gold heading into the big high stakes, live and online events. Stay tuned for all the further info, but great job all. And I'm officially naming this the "DC of Death" as every dollar of the $20,000 will be earned by the winner of this elite field of some of the best of the best in the NFBC...other than me of course, but 14 out of 15 ain't bad. :mrgreen:

Greg Ambrosius

Re: The 2021 Inaugural MTM Super DC aka the "DC of Death": SOLD OUT!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:14 am

Well done all. VERY IMPRESSIVE!!

Once we have the draft date and time we'll get this on Registration and send the link to the 15 participants here. I'll let you folks decide if you want the early rounds on Zoom or not, but if so I'll gladly moderate the early rounds and even make the picks if needed. Anyway, well done and it's good to see a private Draft Champions league at this level. Never underestimate MTM or the NFBC die-hards. :lol:

Thanks and good luck all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:07 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:14 am
Well done all. VERY IMPRESSIVE!!

Once we have the draft date and time we'll get this on Registration and send the link to the 15 participants here. I'll let you folks decide if you want the early rounds on Zoom or not, but if so I'll gladly moderate the early rounds and even make the picks if needed. Anyway, well done and it's good to see a private Draft Champions league at this level. Never underestimate MTM or the NFBC die-hards. :lol:

Thanks and good luck all.
Yes, Greg, never underestimate the power of the NFBC's best hype man and his powers of enticement and persuasion! :mrgreen: So the launch date as stated earlier for this one is set. It will kick off at 8:00 p.m. EST on Friday, March 12th with a one-hour clock which will largely be ignored as this "DC of Death" will run for three days max until completion on the 14th. I'll be more than happy to set up like a first 10 round or so Zoom component with you facilitating, moderating, and making picks if needed. However, please don't do the latter on your own for some of the competitors. We've all seen your industry drafts. :P :lol: But let's decide on a registration link release time and date for official sign-up probably around the 15th, and send it to me to circulate as well when we're good to go and I'll help get everyone signed up with our KDS draft slot selection perhaps run a few days out from start.

So everyone stand by and be ready to rock for what has shaped up to be the most lethal DC ever assembled in NFBC history for the biggest league prize in NFBC DC history to go along with it! 8-)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:17 am

That's pretty amazing boys!!! I never saw two of these Super DCs coming, but I have no problem being proven wrong!!! :lol:

Beautiful and best of luck everyone. Let me know how we can help with Zoom meeting rooms or anything else to kick off both leagues. Awesome and enjoy. Well done MTM!!
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:49 pm

Darik B wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:54 pm
Signup Link: https://nfc.shgn.com/signup/baseball/2500SALDC
Thanks for setting us up, Darik. Everyone please be sure to register for the correct date and start time as there is only one link to sign up for each of these leagues. We will make sure that everyone is the correct league when all is said and done, but make it easy on us and let's get it right the first time! Once everyone is officially signed up, be sure to set your KDS and I'll give everyone the heads up on when this will run soon afterwards so everyone will have plenty of time to prep their draft strategies. Thanks and The 2021 MTM Super DC of Death kicks off just one month from this Friday! 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:31 pm

It's official sign-up week in NFBC starting tomorrow, so if you haven't as yet done so, please use the link here https://nfc.shgn.com/signup/baseball/2500SALDC to make sure you are registered for the correct Super DC you are committed to as both of these leagues are connected to the same link. Let's get this done so that we can set a date for KDS draft slot selection to run soon. Thanks boys, and now just under four weeks until the inaugural launch of the first one, so get ready because it's going to be a BLOOD BATH! 8-) :lol: :mrgreen:

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:41 pm

Was the draft order email an error?